The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Thanks. Advil is a wonder but he wanted to stay in tonight. Got him a burger from the counter service here. Then took the girls out to try and grab something. POR was packed. Then tries CR. Police vehicles everywhere. Resort closed off due to media event. Bad weather sent it there. Told Poly and GF were closed as well unless you had an ADR or you were a resort guest. DH was getting ****ed. I came up with Saratoga Springs. Figured no one would be there and I was right. :)
I would definitively be angry... :|

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Sorry, I wasn't clear...it was my SON who freaked about going to the funeral. In the end, I think it was better that he didn't go. He doesn't do well in an emotionally charged atmosphere. But my BIL went. Yes, they used a surrogate for my niece. They originally planned to have another, but then their surrogate got pregnant with her own, so they'd have had to wait, and now she's moved and my BIL is going to start working full time in the fall, so it's not a good time for another. But my niece has them fleeced...as soon as they look at her, she bursts into tears and asks "Am I in trouble??" and they end up reassuring her, rather than disciplining her. So when they told her to leave her cousin alone, he didn't want to be tickled right now, she started crying and said "But I'm just playing! Are you mad at me?" and then she went and sat with Granny for 2 minutes and then she went right back to running around tickling everyone. I was babysitting her one day and she had been told at least twice a day not to play with the water in the bathroom, just to wash her hands, dry them and be done. So I'm babysitting, she goes to the bathroom and I remind her not to play in the water when she washes her hands. She says I have to "bemind her" and I told her that's what I was doing, and if she played in the water and made a mess, she'd get a time out. She tried crying and telling me that she might forget, but she didn't want a time out. I told her she forgot a LOT and a time out would help her remember, so if she made a mess, she would get a time out. So then before she washed her hands, she closed the door and I could hear the cup that's for when she's brushing her teeth and is not supposed to be used for hand washing...so I called in to her that I could hear that cup and she'd better not be playing in the water. This was literally 10 seconds after I told her she'd get a time out if she made a mess...I ask her what she's doing...she says nothing. I said "So if I open that door, I'm not going to find you playing in the water and there won't be water all over the counter and the floor?" And she cries and says she doesn't want a time out. And I told her that if she doesn't want a time out, then she just shouldn't play with the water. She was lucky...I caught her before she had time to actually play and make a mess. I should have just let her do it and then put her in a time out, but I didn't want to clean up the mess and I wanted her to know I wasn't fooled. By the time I left, even when the daddies were home, if she was doing something naughty, she'd look at me and cry and say she didn't want anyone watching her. She knew I wasn't going to fall for the tears. Hello, kid...I got 2 of my own...you think my kids never tried that on me? She's testing the limits...I hope her daddies figure it out soon. Those tears work like magic on them, but you can tell they are fake because as soon as she's sure she's not going to be punished, they magically stop and she goes right back to doing what she was doing, and then when you call her on it, it's "I forgot." You forgot you weren't supposed to do the thing I JUST told you not to do, literally 2 seconds ago? (yes...2 seconds, and I wish I were exaggerating...I told her not to stick her hand in the paint water, she looked at me and did it again and then told me she forgot she wasn't supposed to. The paint went away.) She's a pretty naughty one. My kids wouldn't try HALF the things she does...well...they may have tried them once, but never again. I'm like you...I would have had her out of the restaurant and we'd be having a discussion about behavior in public and about personal boundaries, and there would be a time out if she didn't listen.

Oh My! Can't wait for her to go to school. Wooba! If you can't control the behavior of a preschooler best of luck when they are pre-teens and teens.
Fortunately you live on a different continent. :)

And yes, I misunderstood. I understand why the son didn't attend. I didn't take my kids to wakes and funerals when they were young. Just don't really know how they are processing all that and what lingers in their heads.

My stupid BIL (my inlaw family) when his Dad passed had his youngest son maybe 10 kiss grandpa good bye in the casket. :eek: Kid followed the instruction as did his two older kids but went into total freak out. I can't even imagine why they were forced to do that. Parenting-it takes all kinds.

Gabe1

Yep, I will always be huge Disney fan, in general, especially of the things that Walt and his animators and Imagineers did back in the day, and the ones that were young enough to have worked with him, and lived many years beyond to, mostly, continue the legacy. Even many others that never worked with him, but, "got it". And, of course, they couldn't have done it without the powers that be being on board, as well.
Not exactly sure where the disconnect is (especially in Parks & Resorts) these days. You can come up with all the coolest attraction ideas in the world, but if you can't get them properly (budget cuts) funded and built in a timely manner, it just becomes a joke, after a while. :cyclops:

I remember the original concepts for Flights was to be guests actually boarding the vehicle that was a banshee. It was disappointing to hear that vehicle was cut for something more generic. I look at vehicles that are kinda special that sell the attraction, the mine trains (both), peter pan, test track, toy, tower, rock'n, indy, dumbo to name a handful they really do their part to s*ck you into the backstory of the attraction. So I was disappointed the banshee was cut as the vehicle of choice.

Gabe1

So I got a package today...it was sooo nice. My Harry Potter fandom friends and I have this sort of tradition...when someone passes away, we all send little things to let them know we are thinking of them and it's like a group hug. Last week, my friends from Australia sent a little wall hanger and a fridge magnet and a cupcake shaped notepad. Today I got Harry Potter house socks, a Ravenclaw pocket journal, and a creative art set with colored pencils and coloring books, etc. It was so sweet and I felt so loved. I can't wait to see all my friends in September!! We're meeting up in Dublin. A year and a half ago (or was it 2 and a half?) we went to London to do the Studio Tour and then to Lacock to see the Abbey and the other filming locations there. Now we're heading to Dublin just to see each other and we're all bringing our kids this time. Should be a blast.

Fun!

Gabe1

That wasn't the evil part. The evil part was what came after. I have Spotify connected to our smart TV, and a few weeks ago, I figured out that I could get it to play on the tv from work. So after getting her text back, I got the TV to play Good Morning from Singing in the Rain.

Now I have to watch out for whatever payback will surely come...

Love it. I can do that from ATT Uverse. Just haven't but it is in the back of my mind. :joyfull:

Gabe1

I am so tired of my printer telling me it needs ink, when the supply levels show that I have plenty of black ink left. So today I bought an HP Printer on sale, and am looking forward to enrolling in their Instant Ink Program. Hopefully making the switch won't make me go screaming into the night. My first printer was an HP. Switched to Epson a few years ago, and was not completely happy, so have decided to switch back. Never had any luck with HP computers, but always liked the 2 cartridge system of HP printers.

I just hate all printers and they think likewise of me. Xerox machines and I have the same relationship. :mad:

littleroo

Anyone here ever see Yee Ha Bob at POR? Wondering if we should see him tonight and if it is ok for kids.

YEE HAAAA Bob is awesome. He is so talented. He plays a diverse group of music while playing the piano. My kids love it! He really interacts with the audience. I definitely say, go for it.

Sorry, it is late info. I was working. I hope everyone stays healthy for the rest of your trip!!

Songbird76

Mainly a rained out day. Went to EPCOT for our Soarin Pass, but it was down. Had a snack instead at Four Seasons and rode the Land. The Vegan fruit cup snack with banana and coconut cream was delicious. Hubby had the danish with some of my fruit it was good too. Went back to the room it rained really hard, we were provided towels at the front desk and then we had carryout from Artist's Palette, but no pictures. In for the evening, a wet day.

View attachment 206814 View attachment 206815 View attachment 206816 View attachment 206817 View attachment 206817 View attachment 206818 View attachment 206819 View attachment 206820 View attachment 206821 View attachment 206822 View attachment 206823

The Kids are coming tomorrow and we are moving to the 2 bedroom unit.
How do you do that, arriving at 2 different times? Do you have to make 2 separate reservations? Do you have to pay for DD's family as though they are there with you the whole time? Do you have to do it by phone? Or is it different because you are on DVC? I'm really wanting to do Disney with my brother's family in a few years when my niece is old enough to remember it and when she's hopefully a little bit better behaved. But they didn't join us last summer because my BIL thinks it's too expensive...but that was before I found the European site with the different deals. I was thinking, if I book it for all of us, I can get the deal and they could pay me back, but I'm not sure they'd want to stay for 2 weeks like we would. I was wondering how to handle that. I've never known anyone who didn't all go together for the same length of stay until you mentioned that you DD was coming later. If you don't know, no pressure...just thought I'd ask for future reference.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well, safer if you're a strong swimmer. I don't let my brother out that deep because I don't think he can swim well enough. It's some tough swimming out there. But you're right; the bottom is rough

That's a very good point. I've been swimming (or had my first swim lessons) when I was 5, and I've always been a strong swimmer. Guess I just take it for granted at this point. But if someone asks where to stand in the wave pool, I'll be sure to ask their swimming level first, before I suggest the deepest end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom