The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm one of those people who hangs out in the deep part and body surfs them in. I knkw the ideal spot for riding them in as far as possible. Then I swim back out and wait for the next one. While doing some surface dives in between.

Me, too. It's much safer if you start out in the deep water when that wall of water releases. If you're in the mid to shallow ends, it can knock you over. It's not like they have soft sand at the bottom of that pool--it's a really rough surface, as you know.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks, so far we have had one TV "emergency" announcement of a Tornado Watch. Nothing else since then and the weather channel is strongly into overdo in these situations with phone notices. Nothing so far.

Glad to hear it doesn't sound like the weather will affect your area. Some years ago, I bought my brother (in N.C.) one of those tornado warning weather radios. Seemed like a good idea.

StarWarsGirl

Me, too. It's much safer if you start out in the deep water when that wall of water releases. If you're in the mid to shallow ends, it can knock you over. It's not like they have soft sand at the bottom of that pool--it's a really rough surface, as you know.
Well, safer if you're a strong swimmer. I don't let my brother out that deep because I don't think he can swim well enough. It's some tough swimming out there. But you're right; the bottom is rough

MySmallWorldof4

Oh poo! It's no fun to be sick at all let alone on vacation. I hope the fever clears up soon, and everyone stays healthy.
Thanks. Advil is a wonder but he wanted to stay in tonight. Got him a burger from the counter service here. Then took the girls out to try and grab something. POR was packed. Then tries CR. Police vehicles everywhere. Resort closed off due to media event. Bad weather sent it there. Told Poly and GF were closed as well unless you had an ADR or you were a resort guest. DH was getting ed. I came up with Saratoga Springs. Figured no one would be there and I was right. :)

betty rose

Mainly a rained out day. Went to EPCOT for our Soarin Pass, but it was down. Had a snack instead at Four Seasons and rode the Land. The Vegan fruit cup snack with banana and coconut cream was delicious. Hubby had the danish with some of my fruit it was good too. Went back to the room it rained really hard, we were provided towels at the front desk and then we had carryout from Artist's Palette, but no pictures. In for the evening, a wet day.

IMG_5573.JPG IMG_5574.JPG IMG_5582.JPG IMG_5583.JPG IMG_5583.JPG IMG_5584.JPG IMG_5585.JPG IMG_5586.JPG IMG_5587.JPG IMG_5589.JPG IMG_5596.JPG

The Kids are coming tomorrow and we are moving to the 2 bedroom unit.

93boomer

Premium Member
Mainly a rained out day. Went to EPCOT for our Soarin Pass, but it was down. Had a snack instead at Four Seasons and rode the Land. The Vegan fruit cup snack with banana and coconut cream was delicious. Hubby had the danish with some of my fruit it was good too. Went back to the room it rained really hard, we were provided towels at the front desk and then we had carryout from Artist's Palette, but no pictures. In for the evening, a wet day.

View attachment 206814 View attachment 206815 View attachment 206816 View attachment 206817 View attachment 206817 View attachment 206818 View attachment 206819 View attachment 206820 View attachment 206821 View attachment 206822 View attachment 206823

The Kids are coming tomorrow and we are moving to the 2 bedroom unit.
We were at MK today. Had a FP for 7 DMTrain. The minute we got off the train and out, the bottom fell out!! When it stopped, we headed out to stay in the room awhile until the worst was over. Then, we headed over to Epcot to eat dinner. Did you see the nice sun we had before it got dark? That was nice after all the storms! Hope we all have a better day tomorrow!! And no more thunderstorms! :)

donaldtoo

Wow! That looks like one crazy coaster. It might be fun but I'd probably have a headache after that for sure.

Yep, it's pretty nuts.
One morning, years ago, the kiddos and I rode it 3 times in a row, back-to-back, walk-on.
My bit of dizziness at the end wasn't any worse each time, and the kiddos never mentioned feeling anything. And, even though we rode other coasters and stuff, we didn't ride that one again 'til the end of the day on that trip. We actually wanted to at one point in the early afternoon, but, the queue was too long. :bored: ;) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom