The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thanks. Advil is a wonder but he wanted to stay in tonight. Got him a burger from the counter service here. Then took the girls out to try and grab something. POR was packed. Then tries CR. Police vehicles everywhere. Resort closed off due to media event. Bad weather sent it there. Told Poly and GF were closed as well unless you had an ADR or you were a resort guest. DH was getting ****ed. I came up with Saratoga Springs. Figured no one would be there and I was right. :)

How annoying. We did one trip in April of 2014. We had the dining plan. We are hard pressed to find our TS venues. It wasn't Spring Break for most and not free dining but during F&G. Only odd times everywhere and at obscure hard to get to resorts. It was frustrating.

We were staying at the FQ. One night we went to Boatwright podium and they told us they were filled for the night. I'd say 1/3 of tables were empty. We went to the lobby to see what was available elsewhere. They said pick the time Boatwright had ressies all evening. :cyclops::cautious::mad:

Gabe1

I stay mostly caught up here, my email not so much:hilarious:. I still live in a world where if it's important enough people pick up a phone and call me:joyfull:.

For the most part I stopped emailing as a form of communication. I originally loved it. It was quick and short. Then my circle of friends, family and community converted it to everything including social media. I found myself spending way too much time wading through what was info and what was more social media.

Gabe1

That coaster you referenced looked pretty intense. For me (referring to the WDW coasters/attractions only here), I had to limit any inversion ones (RockNRoller Coaster for example--at most, I'll just ride it once per trip), and also, I only ride "Green" on Mission Space, as of about 6 years ago. Back at that time, I had ridden RNR, TOT and Orange on MS multiple times (even in succession) over the course of a few days.

Flew home, no problem--until I woke up the next morning, and was so dizzy and nauseous that I couldn't even get up. The next day (I was only slightly better), hubs took me to the doctor, and he diagnosed vertigo. Gave me some meds, and I was o.k. in about 2 days. He explained about the inner ear fluid imbalance brought on by inversions, etc.

This doesn't affect everyone; but with the right conditions, many people experience these symptoms.

The first time I ever experienced that was the first time I rode Rock'n. I was done for the rest of the day. If I ride it at all, my son loves, DD won't I try to limit it to once per trip, same for different with Space 'cause it is very rough on my back. Tower I am fine with once a day, I use to be able to get off and get right back on. Everest the last few trips tends to mess with my equilibrium and I tend not to recover as quickly when it is hot and humid after. So I tend to save that attraction for cooler temp trips. It is one of my favorite true thrill rides in WDW. While Thunder is my favorite coaster I don't really view it as a thrill ride.

Gabe1

Yikes...we gave our kids the choice of whether or not they wanted to go to the funeral. DD wanted to go, DS did not. So we sent him with my BIL's parents and my niece and then they brought them back for the reception after the funeral for ice cream. My dad was a huge fan of ice cream...he had to have his ice cream each night...and if you invited him for dinner, he'd inevitably show up with a carton of ice cream in his hands. And one of his favorite things was milkshakes or malts, and he'd smile like a little kid and say it was a good thing they weren't fattening. So we decided to have ice cream at the reception to honor his memory...so everyone could have ice cream with my dad one last time. And of course my niece and my son didn't want to miss the ice cream! So they came back for that and so everyone could see them. But I wouldn't have forced either of my kids to go, much less kiss grandpa goodbye. I took my daughter in to view him an hour before the funeral actually started so we could say goodbye privately.

Yes, after 3 weeks of sleeping on an old lumpy couch and having no privacy and luke warm showers (the hot water heater needs to be replaced!) and dealing with a naughty 3 year old, I was ready to come home and I realized that the distance is sometimes good. She's not really BAD, just pushes the boundaries a lot and they don't seem to get that that's what she's doing. They fall for it every time. If they don't clue in, they are going to have a real hard time when she gets a bit older. They do reprimand her, it's just that they back down when she starts to cry. They figure she's gotten the message, so it's over...they don't ever actually give her a consequence. So she KNOWS what the rules are and she knows she's not supposed to do certain things. She just does them anyway and when she gets caught, she cries and says she forgot. My BIL gave her a time out twice while I was there...and both were after days of her doing the exact same thing over and over. I don't have that much patience. If I tell you once not to do it, and you do it again, you're in time out.

I believe ice cream was a major treat from our parents generations. My Dad was the same way as were my inlaws. All family functions they brought out the ice cream and it was a 'big deal.' I like ice cream but not that intense love they seemed to have, I reserved that for coffee. ;)

Sadly that little girl seems to be sharper than her Dads at the moment. Wrapped around her tiny finger. Hope they catch on soon.

StarWarsGirl

That's a very good point. I've been swimming (or had my first swim lessons) when I was 5, and I've always been a strong swimmer. Guess I just take it for granted at this point. But if someone asks where to stand in the wave pool, I'll be sure to ask their swimming level first, before I suggest the deepest end.
I'm like you. I started taking lessons at 3. It was very important to my parents that I could swim. I took them until I was 12. I actually swim well enough to qualify as a lifeguard. My brother, on the other hand, took forever to put his face in the water. He still can't float on his back. My parents didn't force him as much. At Typhoon Lagoon, he's pretty content near the edge. Most other pools he's tall enough to stand, but can tread in deep water. But being able to tread in a pool for 10 minutes is different than treading in a wave pool for much longer. And if you happen to be in there when it changes from the big waves to the pulsing waves, that can be a hard swim back.

Gabe1

I'm like you. I started taking lessons at 3. It was very important to my parents that I could swim. I took them until I was 12. I actually swim well enough to qualify as a lifeguard. My brother, on the other hand, took forever to put his face in the water. He still can't float on his back. My parents didn't force him as much. At Typhoon Lagoon, he's pretty content near the edge. Most other pools he's tall enough to stand, but can tread in deep water. But being able to tread in a pool for 10 minutes is different than treading in a wave pool for much longer. And if you happen to be in there when it changes from the big waves to the pulsing waves, that can be a hard swim back.

And the very reason I only go up to my chin at TL now. Its no problem to swim out there but that treading water for upto 10 minutes zaps to much overall energy out of me at my age. I love that wave pool so I just moved back to the 5' level area and then I can play as long as I wish.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh no way would we share the same room. But if I book them and they are both in my name, I have to be there for them to check in, correct? They wouldn't be able to check in without me? So if I was in the park with my family when they arrived, I'd have to leave to come back and check them in? Not that that is a big deal...just so I know how it works. That might be nice, too, so if my brother wanted to stay in a different resort, he COULD, as long as I booked it for him. Then we wouldn't necessarily have to agree on a resort...we have different tastes.
I'm not exactly sure but I know people can check in before the person who's name is on the reservation gets there as long as they're on the reservation.

StarWarsGirl

And the very reason I only go up to my chin at TL now. Its no problem to swim out there but that treading water for upto 10 minutes zaps to much overall energy out of me at my age. I love that wave pool so I just moved back to the 5' level area and then I can play as long as I wish.
If I move to the five foot area I have to tread. :bored:

I think part of the reason I can tread so well is that I have to when most other people don't.

If I get tired, I just flip onto my back for a while. What tires me most is after ever y big wave swimming back out. I can usually go about 20 feet or so, but when you do that over and over again, it's very exhausting

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom