Carousel of Progress exterior refurbishment

Monorail_Red_77

Show looked great for me on Sat 9/17. Only issue I found was when the theater rotates to new scene it had a delay of at least 30 seconds. between scene two and three. So much so that the second scene started again and was telling how good that time frame was. Then weeeeee we move to scene three already in progress.
Otherwise, the theater we were in smelled new and carpet looked new. seats were clean though still the same ones as before. All animatronics seemed to be working well.

Plus are these the new monitors mentioned earlier? I haven't compared to earlier pics in my own archive yet. They look new to me.

IMG_5359.JPG

Show looked great for me on Sat 9/17. Only issue I found was when the theater rotates to new scene it had a delay of at least 30 seconds. between scene two and three. So much so that the second scene started again and was telling how good that time frame was. Then weeeeee we move to scene three already in progress.
Otherwise, the theater we were in smelled new and carpet looked new. seats were clean though still the same ones as before. All animatronics seemed to be working well.

Plus are these the new monitors mentioned earlier? I haven't compared to earlier pics in my own archive yet. They look new to me.

View attachment 163822
A Guest most likely left the theater, causing an intrusion. The cast most likely cleared the intrusion but missed the rotation time so they jogged it manually since it was within an acceptable range to rotate it. (If that makes sense).

hpyhnt 1000

View attachment 163822

Yep, those are new. (Edit: Or they at least installed an appropriate cover around the existing screens. Hard to tell exactly if the TV screens themselves are new.)

Old screens (not my photo):
television-in-queue-carousel-of-progress-tomorrowland-magic-kingdom-walt-disney-world.jpg

Also, as @tongaloosh noted, they fixed the arrows on the door graphic. They had been painted (incorrectly) clockwise; now they point counter-clockwise to mimic the building's actual movement.

Before (from @WDWtraveler):
img_8162-jpg.152689

Next Big Thing

Yep, those are new. (Edit: Or they at least installed an appropriate cover around the existing screens. Hard to tell exactly if the TV screens themselves are new.)

television-in-queue-carousel-of-progress-tomorrowland-magic-kingdom-walt-disney-world.jpg
The screens are new. @Carousel Of Progress Love, who posts frequently on Facebook and Twitter of the updates to the attraction, mentioned they had been sitting in the tunnels for over a year, they just finally got around to installing them.

Also said the new main sign is "about 95% complete".

hpyhnt 1000

The screens are new. @Carousel Of Progress Love, who posts frequently on Facebook and Twitter of the updates to the attraction, mentioned they had been sitting in the tunnels for over a year, they just finally got around to installing them.

Also said the new main sign is "about 95% complete".

Great news! If it's anything like the new signs on the building, it should have a nice retro-future look to it.

Though that would reinforce the split personality that Tomorrowland has going on. The "front" end with SGE, MILF, and Rockettower Plaza (yes, I still call it that) is very much the 90's sci-fi/spaceport look. And the back end, with CoP, Space Mountain and Cosmic Rays retains a more modern-ish/minimalism/retro look.

In other words, it's a mess. Between Tomorrowland and Epcot's Future World, it's clear that Disney doesn't have a clue on how to cohesively and attractively theme a land of the future.

Next Big Thing

Great news! If it's anything like the new signs on the building, it should have a nice retro-future look to it.

Though that would reinforce the split personality that Tomorrowland has going on. The "front" end with SGE, MILF, and Rockettower Plaza (yes, I still call it that) is very much the 90's sci-fi/spaceport look. And the back end, with CoP, Space Mountain and Cosmic Rays retains a more modern-ish/minimalism/retro look.

In other words, it's a mess. Between Tomorrowland and Epcot's Future World, it's clear that Disney doesn't have a clue on how to cohesively and attractively theme a land of the future.
Disney tried to go for a retro look on Rockettower last year when they painted the whole thing a '70s-ish Orange color, but it just doesn't fit. Needs another repaint to go in line with Space/CoP

Timothy_Q

I agree, yet it's still infinitely better than Disneyland's TL aesthetic, which is even more all over the place than MK's

Monorail_Red_77

Also, as @tongaloosh noted, they fixed the arrows on the door graphic. They had been painted (incorrectly) clockwise; now they point counter-clockwise to mimic the building's actual movement.

Before (from @WDWtraveler):
img_8162-jpg.152689

Yes, new screens are two side by side with a slight angle in the middle. Thanks for the photo find.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom