Carousel of Progress exterior refurbishment

Goofyernmost

Yep, those are new. (Edit: Or they at least installed an appropriate cover around the existing screens. Hard to tell exactly if the TV screens themselves are new.)

Old screens (not my photo):
television-in-queue-carousel-of-progress-tomorrowland-magic-kingdom-walt-disney-world.jpg

Also, as @tongaloosh noted, they fixed the arrows on the door graphic. They had been painted (incorrectly) clockwise; now they point counter-clockwise to mimic the building's actual movement.

Before (from @WDWtraveler):
img_8162-jpg.152689
In fairness, that was the direction that the original thing was set up to travel. I am not sure when they changed it, but, in the NY Worlds Fair the theaters ran clockwise (to the left).

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Noticed in the photo featuring the new monitor mounts outside, that a pair of monitors were added to the outdoor holding queue to the right of the turnstiles. Could they be thinking of using both sides for load once again? I noticed on my visit last week, Sept 15-19, that the Carousel was hosting big crowds. A few times, the holding area on the left was full and guests were lined up down the ramp, before the turnstiles. It would be great to see the velvet rope return down the middle of the theatre.

hpyhnt 1000

Noticed in the photo featuring the new monitor mounts outside, that a pair of monitors were added to the outdoor holding queue to the right of the turnstiles. Could they be thinking of using both sides for load once again? I noticed on my visit last week, Sept 15-19, that the Carousel was hosting big crowds. A few times, the holding area on the left was full and guests were lined up down the ramp, before the turnstiles. It would be great to see the velvet rope return down the middle of the theatre.

Sounds like this new, bold paint scheme might paying dividends and catching guests' eyes. Whatever the reason, good to hear CoP is seeing decent crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom