working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning happy trip news the last thing I needed to start packing came yesterday except for jammies(my dh told me last night he needs new summer ones:rolleyes:). It's going to be a great day 5 miles are done, I'm going to the farm marker, grabbing jammies and the going to the pool. Hope you're all having a great weekend.

epcotisbest

I have a lot of friends over there and not a single one of them voted leave. They all voted, but they all voted remain. They are all very worried and sad. One friend lives in Ireland, but she's English and on benefits because she is disabled. But now, she will probably have to apply for an Irish passport or visa if she wants to keep living there. But if she does that, she loses her UK benefits, and the Irish health care system is horrid. She's been going back and forth for medical care because the hospital she was in in Limerick was appalling and they nearly killed her with their bumbling. She doesn't know what to do. Another friend lives in Northern Ireland, which is part of the UK. She doesn't know what will happen with the border between Northern Ireland and Ireland now...the rest of the UK has no land border with the rest of Europe, so that's the ONLY land border, which is going to make things dicey because that's where people will try to come in illegally. Another friend in England....her daughter is scared that all her foreign friends at school are going to be deported and she'll never see them again. No one really knows WHAT'S going to happen, so everyone is kind of scared. I feel so bad for them all!
That kind of turmoil and confusion would be scary for anyone. I hope things settle down and they work out some answers so there is a restored sense of normalcy soon.

epcotisbest

Good morning happy trip news the last thing I needed to start packing came yesterday except for jammies(my dh told me last night he needs new summer ones:rolleyes:). It's going to be a great day 5 miles are done, I'm going to the farm marker, grabbing jammies and the going to the pool. Hope you're all having a great weekend.
We are headed to our little local farmers market in a little while when someone wakes up. Ours is just a few local old timers set up in a bank parking lot selling their goods out of the back of their pickup trucks. Lots of variety and freshness. We are getting corn, squash and cucumbers today and maybe some green tomatoes. They said last week fresh, local tomatoes might be ready by today, but for sure by next weekend. Local home grown tomatoes are my favorite. I love a tomato sandwich with a big ole slice or two of tomato, salt and pepper and plenty of mayo. Goodness and simplicity in a sandwich.
Also love a sausage biscuit with tomato slice and mayo. Since I have to watch carbs now, I have to not eat too many biscuits, but if there is even one ripe tomato today, I'm gonna have a 'mater biscuit.
I love fresh from the garden produce, much more than I used too. Strange how something so simple can bring happiness during stressful times. We are blessed.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
We are headed to our little local farmers market in a little while when someone wakes up. Ours is just a few local old timers set up in a bank parking lot selling their goods out of the back of their pickup trucks. Lots of variety and freshness. We are getting corn, squash and cucumbers today and maybe some green tomatoes. They said last week fresh, local tomatoes might be ready by today, but for sure by next weekend. Local home grown tomatoes are my favorite. I love a tomato sandwich with a big ole slice or two of tomato, salt and pepper and plenty of mayo. Goodness and simplicity in a sandwich.
Also love a sausage biscuit with tomato slice and mayo. Since I have to watch carbs now, I have to not eat too many biscuits, but if there is even one ripe tomato today, I'm gonna have a 'mater biscuit.
I love fresh from the garden produce, much more than I used too. Strange how something so simple can bring happiness during stressful times. We are blessed.
Enjoy!

epcotisbest

What she said and stay hydrated!
I have been working on the hydration thing trying to drink more water and less diet drinks. I have a 30 oz. YETI Rambler to keep water cold all day and I try to keep it full so I take a big ole sip every time I think about it. If only I could make myself like water more. I do try Crystal light lemonade and other flavors, but worry about the chemicals in the artificial sweetener.
I drink too much coffee too. And I feel guilty complaining about having too much when so many in the world have too little or none at all. Sometimes I just can't come to grips with the troubles in the world. Now how did I get back to that topic when I was just talking about water? I ramble too much sometimes...ok, often.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have a few family members who are late all the time. I just serve dinner at the time I have designated and they get whatever is left over. Maybe that sounds harsh, but why should they dictate what time I serve Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner in my house? LOL

I agree with this so much!!! I've always had issues with people who are chronically late--it's a lack of respect to the host/hostess when it happens continually--especially if you've cooked a dinner for all the guests. I refuse to cater to these types of people anymore. The older I get, the less I put up with. Don't have to. Period.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
reminds me of the guys who tried to deliver our fridge a few years back. First time it was dented coming off the truck, 2nd time they dropped in front of us. We call customer service and told them not to send Cheech and Chong the next time or we wouldn't sign for it. we meant it those 2 were a high mess!

Reading yours and others' experiences here with delivery/installation fiascos of appliances, it's not uncommon.

A few years ago, we had bought a dryer from Lowes and arranged for delivery and set up. Long story short, Lowes employees do not handle this part of the business. These guys were from some no-name outsourced company from out of state, (that I believe the actual manufacturer of the dryer hired). They set up the wrong vent hose and also forgot to remove a packing piece that made a "clunk" when you turned on the dryer! I called the manufacturer and they sent a repairman from a local appliance store (not Lowes, by the way . . .) who was very professional, and fixed everything immediately for us. All I can say is, buyer beware.

epcotisbest

I agree with this so much!!! I've always had issues with people who are chronically late--it's a lack of respect to the host/hostess when it happens continually--especially if you've cooked a dinner for all the guests. I refuse to cater to these types of people anymore. The older I get, the less I put up with. Don't have to. Period.
Yes, when some people are late every single time, it is just plain inconsiderate.

Sans Souci

Oh, good! I was wondering if I sounded too much like a blow hard.:hilarious:

It's really rude to your guests who have arrived on time, too. I get it if you have a few small children and you need to corral them to get ready. That's not an issue for me. My brother is single, no kids and he just shows up whenever he wants. I have a great aunt who has been notorious her whole life for being late--even to her own wedding! Everyone catered to her. I remember, as a kid, my great-grandparents waiting for her to arrive to serve Christmas dinner and being so hungry. LOL Once I started hosting holidays, I stopped and it created such drama. You never know how late she will be and it's just really impolite.

Songbird76

My brother saunters in when he feels like it. Sometimes, it's 30 minutes after I tell him what time I am serving dinner. Sometimes, it's 2 hours. When he's two hours late, I tell him to help himself to left overs in the fridge. LOL
My brother is like that too. When we went to Illinois for my mom's burial (her ashes), it was about a year after she had passed and we had several days there. Since hubby and I had flown in from the Netherlands, we wanted to do some sight seeing to make the trip worthwhile and invited my brother to go alone if he'd like to. We had rented a car and he had not. Hubby had never been to Chicago and wanted to see a few things. My bro and I had already seen them, so I had told hubby to pick out what he wanted to do, and we'd do those. So we had made a plan. Driving in Chicago was insane, so my cousin suggested taking the train from Crystal Lake, which was only 20 mins from her house. The train went every 2 hours. So we planned to go to church in the morning and then pick my brother up and drive to the train station and take the 11:00 train. But my brother didn't get up and wasn't ready to go, so we decided to take the 1:00 train, but we knew if we didn't make that train, we might as well not go because the museum we wanted to go to closed at 4. And my brother sat there playing on the computer and not getting ready. My cousin had a few friends staying over that night and they were headed out and my brother said he was doing the gentlemanly thing and letting them shower first. Which I might have accepted if they hadn't left an hour before and he was still sitting there. So we told him we were leaving no later than 12:30 because we knew it would take at least 20 mins and the trains wouldn't wait. He messed around and it was 12:15 and he still wasn't in the shower. I told him we were leaving in 15 minutes, with or without him. He finally went and showered, but it was 12:35 and he wasn't downstairs, so I shouted up that we were leaving, see you later. We were pulling out and he came stomping out, all ticked off "You could have WAITED for me." No...we couldn't have. We gave you plenty of time and notice, we TOLD you when you were leaving. It was YOUR choice not to get ready and we weren't going to miss out on our plans because you didn't care about what we wanted to do. We ended up just BARELY making it, so if we HADN'T left when we did, he would have still been upstairs doing whatever it was he was doing, and we'd have missed the train and not gotten to go. Since him being late was standard, we weren't going to wait around and let him dictate our time. He was angry, but to me, he was being selfish. He KNEW the plan, we had already altered it to suit him, and he had plenty of time to be ready. Then I don't feel bad leaving you behind. If it's beyond your control, fine, but not if it's just you don't care enough to be on time.

Songbird76

Oh, good! I was wondering if I sounded too much like a blow hard.:hilarious:

It's really rude to your guests who have arrived on time, too. I get it if you have a few small children and you need to corral them to get ready. That's not an issue for me. My brother is single, no kids and he just shows up whenever he wants. I have a great aunt who has been notorious her whole life for being late--even to her own wedding! Everyone catered to her. I remember, as a kid, my great-grandparents waiting for her to arrive to serve Christmas dinner and being so hungry. LOL Once I started hosting holidays, I stopped and it created such drama. You never know how late she will be and it's just really impolite.
That's exactly it...everyone always caters to my brother and he just expects that no one will dare start without him. And he gets SO TICKED if you don't wait for him. He thinks it's rude....well, -I- think it's rude that you don't show up on time, and it's not like you call to let anyone know when you will be there. We don't know if it will be 5 minutes or 2 hours. If you want us to wait till you're there, come on time. Problem solved. The one that really ticked hubby and I off was Christmas the year before my mom died. She came to town because she wasn't up to hosting and we had gone there for Thanksgiving and cooked and cleaned and my brother refused to lift a finger to help, expecting to be waited on hand and foot, even if it meant my mom having to do it and she had just had Chemo and radiation. So we refused to do it for Christmas. So she asked my brother to host Christmas. They invited us over and asked us to please be on time so we had time before hubby and I had to work...we worked nights. We went at the agreed on time and they weren't even there. A friend had invited them over for the afternoon, so they went there. No note, no phone call, and we waited there for an hour for them to show up. I was sooooo angry.

epcotisbest

C'mon over to our house. Woody's got a crop of fresh tomatoes (Early Girl and cherry.) The cherry tomatoes are a bite-size treat of unbelievable flavor!
That sounds really good. Ours will be here soon. I guess it is kinda silly of me looking forward to the first fresh tomatoes of the year, but sometimes simple things make me happy. My wife made Meatless Monday for today since we went to the farmer's market this morning.
So it is actually Sorta Meatless Saturday, as there is bacon in the fried corn. There was fried squash, fried corn, green beans, sweet potatoes and cornbread. Yuuummmm. Those tomatoes would have made it even better.

squash.jpg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
That sounds really good. Ours will be here soon. I guess it is kinda silly of me looking forward to the first fresh tomatoes of the year, but sometimes simple things make me happy. My wife made Meatless Monday for today since we went to the farmer's market this morning.
So it is actually Sorta Meatless Saturday, as there is bacon in the fried corn. There was fried squash, fried corn, green beans, sweet potatoes and cornbread. Yuuummmm. Those tomatoes would have made it even better.

View attachment 148125
I had my first three BLTs of the season this week and they were great :hungry:. Had some cherry tomatoes with dinner tonight and you're right, they would have been a nice addition to your yummy looking meal!

Sans Souci

Good morning today is my lazy do nothing day:) Who am I kidding I've already got food in the pressure cooker and have some house work to catch up on before going outside to enjoy summer weather. BUT I am going to take a page out of @epcotisbest's book and find a bit of time to just sit in my new lounge chair on the deck:inlove:

What kind of pressure cooker do you have? I have been looking at one of those Instant Pots. They look really interesting to me, but I am not sure I want yet another gadget in my kitchen.

Sans Souci

I have a lot of friends over there and not a single one of them voted leave. They all voted, but they all voted remain. They are all very worried and sad. One friend lives in Ireland, but she's English and on benefits because she is disabled. But now, she will probably have to apply for an Irish passport or visa if she wants to keep living there. But if she does that, she loses her UK benefits, and the Irish health care system is horrid. She's been going back and forth for medical care because the hospital she was in in Limerick was appalling and they nearly killed her with their bumbling. She doesn't know what to do. Another friend lives in Northern Ireland, which is part of the UK. She doesn't know what will happen with the border between Northern Ireland and Ireland now...the rest of the UK has no land border with the rest of Europe, so that's the ONLY land border, which is going to make things dicey because that's where people will try to come in illegally. Another friend in England....her daughter is scared that all her foreign friends at school are going to be deported and she'll never see them again. No one really knows WHAT'S going to happen, so everyone is kind of scared. I feel so bad for them all!

My husband had texted me Thursday night to tell me his plane landed. I texted back about the Brexit. He texted "Idiots." LOL All of my in laws voted "remain," except my MIL's boyfriend. I really thought they would stay in, so I was shocked when I got the notification from BBC on my phone. I saw on the news yesterday that people were saying they didn't understand what leaving would entail and now they are remorseful that they voted "leave." WHAT? Are you for real? :rolleyes::hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom