working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
From your mouth to God's ears. You can't talk to this guy without him transitioning the conversation to Art Bell type topics. I'm quite convinced he keeps a loaded bong in his van.
reminds me of the guys who tried to deliver our fridge a few years back. First time it was dented coming off the truck, 2nd time they dropped in front of us. We call customer service and told them not to send Cheech and Chong the next time or we wouldn't sign for it. we meant it those 2 were a high mess!

epcotisbest

reminds me of the guys who tried to deliver our fridge a few years back. First time it was dented coming off the truck, 2nd time they dropped in front of us. We call customer service and told them not to send Cheech and Chong the next time or we wouldn't sign for it. we meant it those 2 were a high mess!
Well, I thought it was just us with that kind of luck. Several years ago we got a new dishwasher and paid extra to have it installed. The kid they sent out took forever disconnecting then removing the old one, then after he finally got the new one in and hooked up he opened the door to untape the racks from the packing material and sat on the door, promptly warping it and destroying the hinges. Now, he apologized profusely and said he was going back to the store and see if they had replacement hinges.
I about came unglued and recall I became a little unpleasant, but did let him know that, no, he would go back to the store and return with a new dishwasher. He said he would have to check with his boss, to which I told him I did not care who he checked with, but I expected a dishwasher to replace the one he just damaged.
He did not even make a call, just quietly took the now damaged new dishwasher out and started to load it on his truck. I don't think I was being unreasonable in telling him to leave it and go get the new one. I figured he would take it back and try to fix it and bring it back. He just quietly left without it and about an hour later another dishwasher, and a different installer arrived.
Yes, people make mistakes, but a more mature, less goofy installer would have corrected this mistake on his own without my having to insist on it. End of story.

epcotisbest

While I am at it, I found some practical uses for tofu:
  1. In 1968, Apollo astronauts took it into orbit to secure their tools in zero-gravity.
  2. Physical therapists use it for rehabilitative therapy of hand injuries.
  3. It can also be used therapeutically for stress reduction (and entertain you during boring meetings.)
  4. Amateur CSIs can use it to lift fingerprints.
  5. It can be used as a drumhead resonance damper.
  6. You can wrap it around a pencil and use it as a grip.
  7. Use a few balls of it to practice juggling.
  8. You can use a thin layer of it as a thumb cover for counting money quickly.
  9. Easily locate important items in your home (like flashlights or candles) during a power outage by marking them with the glow-in-the-dark variety.
  10. Wrap it around your soda can and it will keep it cold.
  11. Roll a ball of it on the floor to help find a lost contact lens.
  12. It’s great for removing hair and lint from your clothes.
  13. It can be molded into replacement dice for your favorite board game.
  14. You can use it to open a twist-top bottle without hurting your hands.
  15. It can be fashioned into a worm and used as a surprisingly effective fishing lure.
  16. Stick it under your dog’s bowl so it doesn’t slide all over the floor.

Sans Souci

Well, I thought it was just us with that kind of luck. Several years ago we got a new dishwasher and paid extra to have it installed. The kid they sent out took forever disconnecting then removing the old one, then after he finally got the new one in and hooked up he opened the door to untape the racks from the packing material and sat on the door, promptly warping it and destroying the hinges. Now, he apologized profusely and said he was going back to the store and see if they had replacement hinges.
I about came unglued and recall I became a little unpleasant, but did let him know that, no, he would go back to the store and return with a new dishwasher. He said he would have to check with his boss, to which I told him I did not care who he checked with, but I expected a dishwasher to replace the one he just damaged.
He did not even make a call, just quietly took the now damaged new dishwasher out and started to load it on his truck. I don't think I was being unreasonable in telling him to leave it and go get the new one. I figured he would take it back and try to fix it and bring it back. He just quietly left without it and about an hour later another dishwasher, and a different installer arrived.
Yes, people make mistakes, but a more mature, less goofy installer would have corrected this mistake on his own without my having to insist on it. End of story.

That's ridiculous. He expected you to accept a dishwasher he broke before you even used it? I would have become unglued, too.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Ha! Cheech and Chong didn't understand why we wouldn't sign for it after they dropped it. It couldn't even have been fixed at that point. Some people:eek::rolleyes::mad::mad::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Songbird76

They changed it, because people were abusing the old system. I think now you don't get immediate access to the ride, but you get a return time assigned to you. There was a long thread in N&R when they changed it. It was disappointing to see some people think the only disabilities that matter are the ones you can see.
Oh...I thought DAS was the NEW name. Yeah, it is sad, and also that people think that if you can stand up for a little bit, or take a couple of steps that you don't really need a wheelchair, etc.

Songbird76

Around here people never arrive early, or on time for that matter. If you arrange for someone to arrive at 8 a.m. to clean the carpet, do some yard work, paint, plumber etc...there is no need to even look for them before 9:30 or so. Now if it is the phone/internet people, they don't even try to show up until some random time the next day. Guess it is a southern thing.
We have some friends the same way. They never arrive at the agreed time. Well, they did once for a cook out, and I had not even started the grill, because they are usually always at least an hour late, so we just started telling them to get here by say 5 p.m. if we are planning to eat by 6. That way, when they come rolling in at 6, that is actually when we expected them.
Most of my friends here are that way. I put 2 on the birthday invitations so they'll start arriving at about 3 when I want to actually start the party.

epcotisbest

Our Saturday forecast. Gotta do some yard work early, then probably inside to seek shelter from the heat. Not a lot of walking happening tomorrow probably, but at least the humidity is reasonable. Hey, it's a dry heat.

forecast.jpg

Sans Souci

My MIL has called my husband so many times today to complain about the Brexit. She voted "remain" and her partner voted "leave." They each took turns complaining about the other to my husband. It would be funny any other time, but I am cleaning/packing for a move and hosting a graduation party, I really need my husband's help today. He has been busy referring arguments between two adults! LOL

Today made me grateful that A) my husband no longer works for HSBC and B) he no longer works in the private sector. Finance is so volatile right now.

epcotisbest

My MIL has called my husband so many times today to complain about the Brexit. She voted "remain" and her partner voted "leave." They each took turns complaining about the other to my husband. It would be funny any other time, but I am cleaning/packing for a move and hosting a graduation party, I really need my husband's help today. He has been busy referring arguments between two adults! LOL

Today made me grateful that A) my husband no longer works for HSBC and B) he no longer works in the private sector. Finance is so volatile right now.
I have been watching the market's steady decline today. Every single stock we have, and every mutual fund, is down. Very frustrating. I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but am sorta a news junkie, but lately it is hard to watch. Everything is volatile right now, the markets are a mess, politics sucks, there is so much anger and hate in the world. Our leaders constantly put party loyalty over what is best for the country. It is just a sad state of affairs. I'm gonna start watching less news.
Republicans are bought and paid for, Dems seem clueless, anything is better than the orange, bloviating buffoon and I am through ranting.
I hope things come together for the move and it goes smoothly.

Songbird76

I have been watching the market's steady decline today. Every single stock we have, and every mutual fund, is down. Very frustrating. I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but am sorta a news junkie, but lately it is hard to watch. Everything is volatile right now, the markets are a mess, politics sucks, there is so much anger and hate in the world. Our leaders constantly put party loyalty over what is best for the country. It is just a sad state of affairs. I'm gonna start watching less news.
Republicans are bought and paid for, Dems seem clueless, anything is better than the orange, bloviating buffoon and I am through ranting.
I hope things come together for the move and it goes smoothly.
I have a lot of friends over there and not a single one of them voted leave. They all voted, but they all voted remain. They are all very worried and sad. One friend lives in Ireland, but she's English and on benefits because she is disabled. But now, she will probably have to apply for an Irish passport or visa if she wants to keep living there. But if she does that, she loses her UK benefits, and the Irish health care system is horrid. She's been going back and forth for medical care because the hospital she was in in Limerick was appalling and they nearly killed her with their bumbling. She doesn't know what to do. Another friend lives in Northern Ireland, which is part of the UK. She doesn't know what will happen with the border between Northern Ireland and Ireland now...the rest of the UK has no land border with the rest of Europe, so that's the ONLY land border, which is going to make things dicey because that's where people will try to come in illegally. Another friend in England....her daughter is scared that all her foreign friends at school are going to be deported and she'll never see them again. No one really knows WHAT'S going to happen, so everyone is kind of scared. I feel so bad for them all!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have a lot of friends over there and not a single one of them voted leave. They all voted, but they all voted remain. They are all very worried and sad. One friend lives in Ireland, but she's English and on benefits because she is disabled. But now, she will probably have to apply for an Irish passport or visa if she wants to keep living there. But if she does that, she loses her UK benefits, and the Irish health care system is horrid. She's been going back and forth for medical care because the hospital she was in in Limerick was appalling and they nearly killed her with their bumbling. She doesn't know what to do. Another friend lives in Northern Ireland, which is part of the UK. She doesn't know what will happen with the border between Northern Ireland and Ireland now...the rest of the UK has no land border with the rest of Europe, so that's the ONLY land border, which is going to make things dicey because that's where people will try to come in illegally. Another friend in England....her daughter is scared that all her foreign friends at school are going to be deported and she'll never see them again. No one really knows WHAT'S going to happen, so everyone is kind of scared. I feel so bad for them all!
Sympathy like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom