working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Hello-

I have been active, but not working out. My house is almost ready for showing. I've been working hard on that. Yesterday was my son's graduation pool party. Only two boys showed up. That was more than enough! They broke so many things. I don't think they were trying to be destructive, I think they were just rough housing. My husband had to keep telling them to take it down a few notches. Then they both asked me if they could sleep over. I shut that down right away. My husband is painting the bedrooms today and he started at 7, so we didn't want the nonsense that goes along with sleep overs. LOL

I am going to try to do some strength training and a walk. It's supposed to be oppressively humid outside today, so I'll see about the walk.

Songbird76

Good morning today is my lazy do nothing day:) Who am I kidding I've already got food in the pressure cooker and have some house work to catch up on before going outside to enjoy summer weather. BUT I am going to take a page out of @epcotisbest's book and find a bit of time to just sit in my new lounge chair on the deck:inlove:
Well, for YOU, that's probably a lazy do nothing day because you are some kind of super human, or maybe robot, with endless energy and stamina. For the REST of us, it would be a normal day. :p

Songbird76

My husband had texted me Thursday night to tell me his plane landed. I texted back about the Brexit. He texted "Idiots." LOL All of my in laws voted "remain," except my MIL's boyfriend. I really thought they would stay in, so I was shocked when I got the notification from BBC on my phone. I saw on the news yesterday that people were saying they didn't understand what leaving would entail and now they are remorseful that they voted "leave." WHAT? Are you for real? :rolleyes::hilarious:
I know....there was even a guy on their news who said he didn't actually believe his vote would count and he "regretted" voting to leave. He just didn't want the remain side to win by an overwhelming majority, so he was trying to close the gap, but didn't think the Brexit would win.

Goofyernmost

I know....there was even a guy on their news who said he didn't actually believe his vote would count and he "regretted" voting to leave. He just didn't want the remain side to win by an overwhelming majority, so he was trying to close the gap, but didn't think the Brexit would win.
I don't understand. If it is considered that important why would anyone try and tilt it in the opposite direction of their own belief. It's like trying to let your opposition win at golf because you feel sorry for them. Just doesn't compute in my rapidly aging mind. Wouldn't a decisive victory stop it from being an issue again in the near future? I just guess that I have to admit that I don't understand people anymore. It seems like everyone takes on the attitude that life is a video game. If you lose, you just shut it off and restart the game.

Last edited:

Sans Souci

I don't understand. If it is considered that important why would anyone try and tilt it in the opposite direction of their own belief. It's like trying to let your opposite win at golf because you feel sorry for them. Just doesn't compute in my rapidly aging mind. Wouldn't a decisive victory stop it from being an issue again in the near future? I just guess that I have to admit that I don't understand people anymore. It seems like everyone takes on the attitude that life is a video game. If you lose, you just shut it off and restart the game.

It is not your "rapidly aging mind," it doesn't make sense period. Furthermore, I don't understand why someone would admit that on TV. I'm sure that guy is going to be taking his lumps for a long time to come.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
What kind of pressure cooker do you have? I have been looking at one of those Instant Pots. They look really interesting to me, but I am not sure I want yet another gadget in my kitchen.
No buying anything until after the move, last thing you need is another box to keep track of! BTW It's an 8qt Power Cooker from Sam's Club and it is great in the summer or when time is short:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, for YOU, that's probably a lazy do nothing day because you are some kind of super human, or maybe robot, with endless energy and stamina. For the REST of us, it would be a normal day. :p
Nope not super human or a robot LOL But I do have lots of energy. That came with going vegan and starting to exercise on a regular basis. i was a total hot mess at one point and decided to fix that a few years ago.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning weights and stretching done and it's going to be nice so I'm going to be able to get in 7 miles of walking. We grilled chicken and very lean turkey burgers yesterday OMG took forever. Upside I don't have to cook much the next few days:joyfull: Wegman's had some non GMO corn at an excellent price so I cooked a few dozen ears in the pressure cooker now it's just salad chopping for me today:joyfull: My dh is doing well on his preDisney diet 5 pounds to go with 5 weeks to go and he got out on his bike yesterday. He might make it through this trip in much better shape than the last one:inlove:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Cooked some burgers too. Here is one on the flames:

View attachment 148319

I barbecued burgers on Saturday, and they were delish. :hungry: This year, I bought one of those "fork" digital thermometers (about $25), and it's been a great help in knowing when they were fully cooked through, to a safe temperature. I used to end up burning the burgers, because I was over-compensating for guessing when they were really "done" inside. This new fork thermometer has made a big difference! :)

Songbird76

I don't understand. If it is considered that important why would anyone try and tilt it in the opposite direction of their own belief. It's like trying to let your opposition win at golf because you feel sorry for them. Just doesn't compute in my rapidly aging mind. Wouldn't a decisive victory stop it from being an issue again in the near future? I just guess that I have to admit that I don't understand people anymore. It seems like everyone takes on the attitude that life is a video game. If you lose, you just shut it off and restart the game.
That's the thing....I don't think everyone realized how important it was because they were told their vote wouldn't count anyway. A lot of people just wanted to make a statement that they wanted change, and they thought if the vote was close, that would show the government that they meant it. They didn't expect that side to actually win. They thought the government would HAVE to act if they knew there was a large faction that was unhappy, even if that faction was a minority of the population. They weren't going to vote "remain" because then the government would be able to say "see? there's no problem here. Everyone wants to stay in the union. If there was a problem, they would have voted to leave". Even the leaders of the "leave" party were telling them they weren't going to win, so their votes wouldn't actually DO anything, but if the margin was close, the government would be forced to admit there was an issue. People believed it, so all the people who didn't necessarily want to LEAVE, just wanted something to change, voted to leave to make the statement, believing that it wouldn't actually result in an exit. They didn't take the vote seriously. It's kind of like....after Obama was elected to a 2nd term, a lot of states talked about seceding from the US. Most people didn't ACTUALLY want to secede from the US....they just weren't happy with the result. Lots of people, in their frustration, signed the petition, but they probably never believed it would lead to them not being "Americans" anymore. And in those cases, it didn't...people voiced their frustration loud and clear, without any consequences. Nothing came of it, and they got it out of their systems. I think that's what the Brits were thinking was going to happen. Register their dissatisfaction and get it out of their system. I know there are some who really DID want to leave, but I'm betting that that was a much smaller faction and given the chance to go back, the people who didn't really want to leave but weren't happy with the way things are would abstain from voting, and we'd have seen a "remain" win. There were also 25% of people who didn't vote, which to me, says that they didn't really take it seriously. Kind of sad.

93boomer

Premium Member
Good Monday morning!! We had a very busy weekend doing some projects outdoors. It was so muggy that we could only go until 4 pm on Saturday. Really hope the rain gets to our area today. We are getting so dry that my pretty green grass is brown and crunchy. :(
Have a hair appointment later this morning so only getting a few things done before I leave.
Everyone stay cool and drink lots of water! Have a safe day!

epcotisbest

I barbecued burgers on Saturday, and they were delish. :hungry: This year, I bought one of those "fork" digital thermometers (about $25), and it's been a great help in knowing when they were fully cooked through, to a safe temperature. I used to end up burning the burgers, because I was over-compensating for guessing when they were really "done" inside. This new fork thermometer has made a big difference! :)
Yeah, I use a temp probe as well and just about always cook to the desired internal temperature of the meat. Makes a big difference.

epcotisbest

Good Monday morning!! We had a very busy weekend doing some projects outdoors. It was so muggy that we could only go until 4 pm on Saturday. Really hope the rain gets to our area today. We are getting so dry that my pretty green grass is brown and crunchy. :(
Have a hair appointment later this morning so only getting a few things done before I leave.
Everyone stay cool and drink lots of water! Have a safe day!
Brown and crunchy describes our yard as well. The trees are starting to get droopy looking as well and we have a big ole tulip poplar that is dropping leaves. You are more resilient than us. We have a big cedar shrub at the end of our driveway that has gotten way overgrown and it appears to be dying from the inside, so we have decided to cut it down and put a raised flower bed in its place. Saturday morning we got ready to start on it, got the chainsaw out of the already stifling hot shed and by the time I got it gassed up and the truck moved over to load the limbs, we both were dripping and I had not even cranked the stupid chainsaw yet.
It was at about that time we sorta mutually agreed that particular shrub has been there longer than we have been here, so a little longer won't make a lick of difference. It will still be there when we get ready to remove it.

epcotisbest

Any special food you grilling for the 4th?
No, we have not decided our July 4 plans yet. Thinking about going to Stone Mountain for the fireworks and lazershow, but not sure we want to be in the middle of that crowd and traffic. Leaning toward staying home, and you can bet I will be grilling something to go with more fresh veggies from the farmers market if we do stay home. May go to a state park to hike and picnic, depending on the weather, then just spend the evening at home.
We went to Washington, D.C.. A few years ago to see the July 4 fireworks over the National Mall and that was amazing, but neither of us really have a desire to do that again, as it was extra hot and extra, extra crowded there. Best fireworks we have ever seen though and amazing is not a good enough description for it.

93boomer

Premium Member
Brown and crunchy describes our yard as well. The trees are starting to get droopy looking as well and we have a big ole tulip poplar that is dropping leaves. You are more resilient than us. We have a big cedar shrub at the end of our driveway that has gotten way overgrown and it appears to be dying from the inside, so we have decided to cut it down and put a raised flower bed in its place. Saturday morning we got ready to start on it, got the chainsaw out of the already stifling hot shed and by the time I got it gassed up and the truck moved over to load the limbs, we both were dripping and I had not even cranked the stupid chainsaw yet.
It was at about that time we sorta mutually agreed that particular shrub has been there longer than we have been here, so a little longer won't make a lick of difference. It will still be there when we get ready to remove it.
We have poplars in our backyard. They are dropping tons of crunchy, brown spotted leaves. We are wondering if the drought has caught up or they have a disease. Any thoughts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom