Journey Into Imagination refurb.

CaptainAmerica

It has been heavily suggested by people in the know. Supported by the face that those insiders have confirmed on these boards that Guardians will no longer find a home at the Studios.
Yeah, the same insiders who told us that Guardians were going to the Studios in the first place. Give me a break. "Insiders" don't get credit for debunking their own nonsense rumors.

TikiTorch

If they were to ever tie an Imagination attraction to a film, it seems to me that "Inside Out" is the perfect fit. The entire film takes place in a kid's mind!

TikiTorch

While people may come out with torches if figment went away, an inside out or even zootopia (which made a ton of money) would be nice to see

A dark zootopia ride belongs in AK tho
One of my only very clear memories of WDW as a little child is the old Imagination ride, going through the rainbow neon tunnel, and my parents giving me a small Figment plush doll afterward. So I would hate to see Figment gone. But Inside Out would be great. And I agree-- Zootopia needs to be represented well at AK.

FigmentJedi

If they were to ever tie an Imagination attraction to a film, it seems to me that "Inside Out" is the perfect fit. The entire film takes place in a kid's mind!
So does Cranium Command, which is in a building that's been taken out of regular guest use for years. Wonders of Life needs Inside Out far more.
Also, Inside Out doesn't really have much to do with Imagination outside of Bing Bong and the "Amusement Park of Pretend Games that's actually a shallow representation of Imagination"

brb1006

One of my only very clear memories of WDW as a little child is the old Imagination ride, going through the rainbow neon tunnel, and my parents giving me a small Figment plush doll afterward. So I would hate to see Figment gone. But Inside Out would be great. And I agree-- Zootopia needs to be represented well at AK.
Heck the two character are currently meetable in Disneyland,Paris, and Hong Kong at this point.

montyz81

Or, they have pretty powerful IP in Figment and Dreamfinder. Why not make a full feature length movie with those characters (no a comic book wont do). I am just not sure why Disney sits on these characters, they have so much potential.

TikiTorch

It's odd how some films get the attraction treatment and others don't. I know some films don't deserve an attraction as much as others. But Zootopia has proven it's worthiness at the box office--maybe not for Frozen-like hype, but some type of permanent inclusion in the parks. I've always thought 101 Dalmations and Bambi are underrepresented. They are still very popular all things considered.

TikiTorch

Or, they have pretty powerful IP in Figment and Dreamfinder. Why not make a full feature length movie with those characters (no a comic book wont do). I am just not sure why Disney sits on these characters, they have so much potential.
True. Especially since they do seem to be in the habit of mining existing IP for upcoming feature films.

brb1006

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who thought that an film based on Journey Into Imagination would become a great idea. If that ever becomes a thing, I hope they get Tony Baxter's help with the development of the film in animated form as well as trying to capture the feeling from the original incarnation. Maybe get the directors behind Inside Out who did a very good job with the design of Riley's Imagination Land (Figment even had a cameo in the film). This could also be a great opportunity to bring Ron Schneider back as Dreamfinder and maybe Charlie Adler as Figment (Who is the only voice actor that I can think that could do a perfect impression of Billy Barty's Figment voice).

This might sound odd, but if that film ever gets made by Disney Animation. This could make more people who are non-WDW fans or who aren't that familiar with any of the park characters at least familiar with Dreamfinder and Figment besides the comics. While the film won't be based on the comics, they could at least bring in a character from the comic named Spark who is a cat that debuted in "Figment 2" by maybe giving him a different personalty or new design. That way this can give the people at Disney more ideas for what a future version of the Imagination Pavilion would be like. I don't want a Disney film based on Journey Into Imagination to be given the "OZ The Great And Powerful" treatment.

Last edited:

brb1006

It's odd how some films get the attraction treatment and others don't. I know some films don't deserve an attraction as much as others. But Zootopia has proven it's worthiness at the box office--maybe not for Frozen-like hype, but some type of permanent inclusion in the parks. I've always thought 101 Dalmations and Bambi are underrepresented. They are still very popular all things considered.

They could at least make a real-life stand at AK where they sell pawsicles from Zootopia.

Meanwhile Thumper and Miss Bunny while meetable at AK show up pretty randomly and have to be lucky (Especially after Camp Minnie Mickey got demolished for Avatarland which was the easier spot to find the two bunnies)

brb1006

True. Especially since they do seem to be in the habit of mining existing IP for upcoming feature films.
While past Disney films based on Attractions or anything related to the Disney Parks (Looking at you Tommorowland) they haven't gotten that much positive reviews and is hardly brought up. But an animated film based on Journey Into Imagination would have been a very great opportunity. I just hope this idea gets thought up before Tony Baxter dies in the future.

FigmentJedi

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who thought that an film based on Journey Into Imagination would become a great idea. If that ever becomes a thing, I hope they get Tony Baxter's help with the development of the film in animated form as well as trying to capture the feeling from the original incarnation. Maybe get the directors behind Inside Out who did a very good job with the design of Riley's Imagination Land (Figment even had a cameo in the film). This could also be a great opportunity to bring Ron Schneider back as Dreamfinder and maybe Charlie Adler as Figment (Who is the only voice actor that I can think that could do a perfect impression of Billy Barty's Figment voice).

This might sound odd, but if that film ever gets made by Disney Animation. This could make more people who are non-WDW fans or who aren't that familiar with any of the park character at least familiar with Dreamfinder and Figment besides the comics. While the film won't be based on the comics, they could at least bring in a character from the comic named Spark who is a cat that debuted in "Figment 2" by maybe giving him a different personalty or new design. That way this can give the people at Disney more ideas for what a future version of the Imagination Pavilion would be like. I don't want a Disney film based on Journey Into Imagination to be given the "OZ The Great And Powerful" treatment.
Corey Burton did Figment in his JIYI cameo and he nailed Billy Barty's voice.
Though personally, I actually really Dave Goeltz's Figment. Granted, I'm a gigantic Muppet nerd and Gonzo's my favorite Muppet.

jensenrick

So does Cranium Command, which is in a building that's been taken out of regular guest use for years. Wonders of Life needs Inside Out far more.
Also, Inside Out doesn't really have much to do with Imagination outside of Bing Bong and the "Amusement Park of Pretend Games that's actually a shallow representation of Imagination"

Except Wonders of Life doesn't really exist - it's just a dome where they do festival stuff now. There is no "there" there.

Although I'm not advocating for IO to be the new IP for Imagination either. It would be nice (if laughably unlikely) for them to build something original for the Imagination pavilion.

FigmentJedi

Except Wonders of Life doesn't really exist - it's just a dome where they do festival stuff now. There is no "there" there.

Although I'm not advocating for IO to be the new IP for Imagination either. It would be nice (if laughably unlikely) for them to build something original for the Imagination pavilion.
That's the point. Make Wonders of Life something other then a Festival Space again. Cranium Command is still there wasting away, waiting to be turned into Headquarters.

brb1006

Corey Burton did Figment in his JIYI cameo and he nailed Billy Barty's voice.
Though personally, I actually really Dave Goeltz's Figment. Granted, I'm a gigantic Muppet nerd and Gonzo's my favorite Muppet.
What does JIYI mean?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom