Journey Into Imagination refurb.

FigmentJedi

Although I believe Kodak has the rights, and although everyone wants DreamFinder back in my mind it really wouldn't be a loss not to have him.

That's a bus-driver tier urban legend. Do you honestly think DIsney would let Kodak keep a character they created? The existence of the comics with no accreditation to Kodak alone should debunk the myth.

Also, your idea of hologram Dreamfinder in a post-apocalyptic Institute's just a knockoff of that terrible movie of the Time Machine from the early 2000s. Whose the bad-guy of your ride? Albino Jeremy Irons?

Cmdr_Crimson

I still think they should take it to a newer level and gut the entire pavillion for a new layout and a more interesting concept like how Mystic Manor is..Basically same premise but, instead Figment is in the Dreamport and let's the Sparks of Imagination free and then where on our way through a Journey into Imagination...

FigmentJedi

I still think they should take it to a newer level and gut the entire pavillion for a new layout and a more interesting concept like how Mystic Manor is..Basically same premise but, instead Figment is in the Dreamport and let's the Sparks of Imagination free and then where on our way through a Journey into Imagination...

Or using the Mesmonic Spark Convertor device from the comics and creating a portal into the realms of imagination.

Haymarket2008

Completely agree. There couldn't be a better fit. It would be so brilliant. Even the finale of Mystic Manor looks like the finale of Imagination: take out that weird Chinese statue and plop dancing Figment in with all those effects swirling around.

mitchk

I would definitely go for that

FigmentJedi

I hate when fans try to write a story for a new JII ride it's always cringe filled fanboy fluff. Just make the ride about the Imagination process again and there you go.
Has a lot to do with the current ride's metaplot shaping a lot of people's perceptions of things. And even the comics have a bit of a metaplot with the second series' focus on Dreamfinder's anxieties over whether he's even relevant to the Academy (which is straight up in Florida inside the Imagination Pavilion with Spaceship Earth as a power source of ambiguous origin) and the modern world.

Something fresh with Dreamfinder, Figment and the creative process should be what they aim for, but in marketing a ride reboot, by all means go meta and treat it like its The Force Awakens. Like don't even announce "Guys, Dreamfinder's coming back" like a regular press conference or D23 Expo Parks session, just present a teaser with minimal context that's just the ending of The Force Awakens, but with Dreamfinder being presented with his hat. You'd break the Disney blogosphere with hype of that magnitude.

Daveeeeed

That's a bus-driver tier urban legend. Do you honestly think DIsney would let Kodak keep a character they created? The existence of the comics with no accreditation to Kodak alone should debunk the myth.

Also, your idea of hologram Dreamfinder in a post-apocalyptic Institute's just a knockoff of that terrible movie of the Time Machine from the early 2000s. Whose the bad-guy of your ride? Albino Jeremy Irons?
Time Machine was a bad movie, but based on a good movie of the 60's. I see what you're saying, but that is not what I meant. I am saying more like Portal 2 where things are corrupt, and maybe you're trying to find DreamFinder. The hologram was just a minor idea. The bad guy of the ride could be the obstacles along the way trying to attack you like evil plants, and robots etc like Dinosaur's dinosaurs.
Didn't know about Kodak thanks for informing me, but you do realize that that happened to Oswald the lucky rabbit, and marvel characters. I know it's for a completely different reason, but I could see it happening where a character in Disney's eyes is deemed 'useless.'

Daveeeeed

That is actually pretty close to what I am thinking! Never connected it with Mystic Manor, but it makes sense. Using the current vehicles, or replacing them with new high tech ones could work great too, because the building was already designed for it, and it could be a really cool way to direct people's field of vision to something.

raven

Unfortunately, if they were to 'gut the entire pavilion' they would mostly likely need to demolish the entire building and start all over, due to the age and decaying state that the building is in currently.

Daveeeeed

I will bet that it's in place for at least 2 years.
That's about right I would say, but really all things considered as great as it would be to have a refurb from now to 2021 or so Disney will be opening tons of stuff in the meantime, but for sure the 2020's they will overhaul it no doubt.

Last edited:

DisneyDaver

Didn't know about Kodak thanks for informing me, but you do realize that that happened to Oswald the lucky rabbit, and marvel characters'

What happened with the Marvel Characters? Universal had certain contractual rights to certain Marvel Characters in theme parks East of the Mississippi way before Disney purchased Marvel. Was there something else that happened after Disney purchased Marvel?

Goofyernmost

And in other news, I hear Captain EO is being replaced with a tribute to Prince. Too soon?
If there's money to be made, it would be there. This won't happen because they don't have a 3D movie all ready in the can that they can just plug in, so... don't think so!

Cmdr_Crimson

And in other news, I hear Captain EO is being replaced with a tribute to Prince. Too soon?

Well, he was on Muppets Tonight so he did do something with Disney....
ceaec731388fb3dfaf75f8579810d7ae.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom