7 Dwarves Mine Train

POLY LOVER

one additional comment, I rode it when it first opened and several times recently, is it my imagination but I think the ride goes faster now than it did when it first opened? I wish they could fix the under the sea ride.

NWDMD

I just got back from WDW last night. I rode twice, once during the day once at night. The first time I rode it we all exited and said the exact same thing... smoothest roller coaster we've ever ridden. We're AP with the new photopass option and when I logged on to get my photos for the day, I was surprised to see there were photos from the mine coaster AND video. My wife rode with my daughter right after me and my video is day - which shows video of me at night - then switches back to day. My wife's video is all at night and includes the witch at the end, which my video does not. Are these videos new?

SoManyWasps

I just got back from WDW last night. I rode twice, once during the day once at night. The first time I rode it we all exited and said the exact same thing... smoothest roller coaster we've ever ridden. We're AP with the new photopass option and when I logged on to get my photos for the day, I was surprised to see there were photos from the mine coaster AND video. My wife rode with my daughter right after me and my video is day - which shows video of me at night - then switches back to day. My wife's video is all at night and includes the witch at the end, which my video does not. Are these videos new?

I know a former CM who was part of the testing for the video on the ride this time last year, but I don't remember it working when I was there for a Christmas party last December 2nd. I saw it for the first time after a visit last month and was very impressed (though I think it's executed better on ToT).

blueboxdoctor

I wasn't overly impressed with it. There is a nice themed part once you get in the mine, but it's very short, so you're not in there long. Most of it is outside during the woodland scenery section (that's what I have now decided to call it). Basically it's just what it sounds like: trees. I do appreciate the engineering, you literally have to make it a point to listen for it when you walk by, it's that quiet, which is pretty cool. The line just doesn't justify the ride for me. However, I'm surprised you can't get a fast pass, I think we had several (or one at the very least) last year for it. Perhaps when you are in the parks, keep looking for one or if you are there for extra hours or the Christmas party you should be able to get on it easier.

Note, I'm not a big thrill ride person, which is why I'm fine with the actual ride not being that crazy, but I do enjoy the sets they make for their rides, and this one feels somewhat lacking in that department (when compared to rides like Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain.

Polydweller

How do you know that? Is it something Disney stated somewhere?
Indirectly yes they have. It was first opened in the Paradise Pier area of California Adventure and the WDW version is really a copy of that. In California it was designed as a companion ride to the two headliners California Screamin' roller coaster Toy Story Mania. It was never designed to be a headliner.

It opened before Seven Dwarfs at WDW but it was intended to be the accompanying ride it is designed to be. I could agree some parts could be improved and after the last refurb some of the undersea portion was. But it will never be a headliner.

POLY LOVER

Indirectly yes they have. It was first opened in the Paradise Pier area of California Adventure and the WDW version is really a copy of that. In California it was designed as a companion ride to the two headliners California Screamin' roller coaster Toy Story Mania. It was never designed to be a headliner.

It opened before Seven Dwarfs at WDW but it was intended to be the accompanying ride it is designed to be. I could agree some parts could be improved and after the last refurb some of the undersea portion was. But it will never be a headliner.
Thanks for the info. It's ashame it could be really great with some tech added to it or even if it were a dark ride and hide some of that exposed ceiling.

POLY LOVER

I worked for a major software company and at one time we had a problem where different divisions created applications that did not look like the same company developed them. We engaged in something called seemless development and it required that we all follow the same development rules. After the applications were developed they were tested by independent testers to assure they all followed the same development guidelines. Our products then began to look like they came from the same developers regardless of the division they came out of.
I have observed that Disney attractions seem to have a consistency problem where the attractions look like two different company's developed them for whatever the reason. An example would be the mine ride vs the new little mermaid ride.

Last edited:

graphite1326

We're going with a group of 8 in 9 days. Only my wife and I have been on this ride. The other 6 last visit was 2yrs ago. They obviously really wanna ride it no fp in advance for it,, so hopefully we can catch it with small lines
We didn't have FP for this ride but went there first during the morning EMH. 10 minute wait. The ride was ok and wouldn't wait longer than 20 minutes to ride it again.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I think the distinction to be made is between people with a developmental condition and a fictional race of people and their associated culture. As the Disney film is silent on the issue, the appropriate spelling depends on which kind of short people Doc and his cohort are.

Last time I checked the Dwarfs at Disney were not very warlike unlike the Children of Aule the Dwarves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom