7 Dwarves Mine Train

yedliW

Original Poster
I haven't been to MK since it opened, I have only seen it through the construction fences a couple months before it actually opened, and on ride videos that have been posted.

I have been intregued by the ride for a while, but most of the reviews that are out there say it is a short, boring, uncomfortable ride that is worth doing once, if you have a FP.. otherwise it is a skipable ride. Yet, getting a FP for it is virtually impossible, and the standby wait times are among the longest on property.

We will be going next week (fly out a week from tomorrow), and we were unable to get FP for it on any of or MK days. I plan on trying to catch it during EMH.

I get that people are more likely to post negative posts (gasp.. :jawdrop: i know, right?) than positive ones.. but Is the ride as bad as the forums make it sound? It seems like it would be a pretty swing and a miss if is the case..

mbtohill

Don't let the haters get you down. The ride is fine. It's not a GREAT thrill ride, but it was never meant to be one. It's different, the cars do not swing all that dramatically but they swing just enough. It's relatively short, but not TOO short. The section inside the diamond mine with the Dwarfs is so cool, and don't forget to look for the Wicked Witch right at the end.

If you don't have a FP, just head over to the ride at rope drope and you should be fine.

I think the ride is worth going on more than once, it's not a MUST DO everytime kind of ride, but it's fun, well themed and different than any other "coaster" at WDW. ENJOY!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I haven't been to MK since it opened, I have only seen it through the construction fences a couple months before it actually opened, and on ride videos that have been posted.

I have been intregued by the ride for a while, but most of the reviews that are out there say it is a short, boring, uncomfortable ride that is worth doing once, if you have a FP.. otherwise it is a skipable ride. Yet, getting a FP for it is virtually impossible, and the standby wait times are among the longest on property.

We will be going next week (fly out a week from tomorrow), and we were unable to get FP for it on any of or MK days. I plan on trying to catch it during EMH.

I get that people are more likely to post negative posts (gasp.. :jawdrop: i know, right?) than positive ones.. but Is the ride as bad as the forums make it sound? It seems like it would be a pretty swing and a miss if is the case..

The posts are right that it is short. However, I still think it is very fun. The AA's look really cool and the ride itself on the swinging train cars is fun for adults and children. It is also true that standby is long but I have ridden it 5 times or so always on stand-by. Each time, the line felt like it was moving quickly (it never really stopped moving much) so it never felt like you had to wait for the amount of time that was posted. All and all I think it is a nice addition to FL and worth riding for sure if you haven't before.

FYI, I always have ridden it during rope drop as found that was the best time to cut down on the wait.

habuma

We love it. Got a FP each day we're gonna be in MK for our upcoming trip. It's not phenomenal and yeah it doesn't live up to the excessive hype, but it's still fun.

Uncomfortable? I didn't find it to be that bad and I'm of a size where I expected it to be. I think Space Mountain and DL's Matterhorn are much more uncomfortable. But different body shapes may find otherwise.

I say go for it. If you get in just after rope drop or just minutes before park close the lines are bearable.

NYwdwfan

It's a smooth, fun, family coaster. It's not intense or thrilling - but it is a lot of fun. If you're looking to intensify the ride, ask to wait for the back car. You get less of a view but if you are in the front, the train is halfway down the drop before it releases so you don't get as much of a thrilling experience.

habuma

Oh yeah...pro-tip: You can get the carts swinging better if you balance the weight side to side. In my case we had one adult on the left and a kid on the right in the front row and swapped kid/adult positions in the second row.

Nick Wilde

It's not as exciting as BTMRR, but it's still fun. If the line is less than 30 minutes, ride it. If you can get a FP, great. It has a lot of new roller coaster ride technology, and it's not uncomfortable. In other words, it's ok, but nothing to write home about.

thomas998

First time I road it didn't even know that it was supposed to swing or notice that it did... Only after the fact did I realize it swings, it is very subtle and noticeable.

As for what its worth... If you haven't done it before I would say it is worth a 60 minute wait... It isn't a ride I would waste 90 minutes or more on even if you haven't ridden it before. We waited 90 minutes to ride it the first time because we couldn't get fast passes that time. Since then we have ridden it a few more times because we either were in the park early for breakfast or had been given the special fastpasses because Disney messed up somewhere else.... But have never been able to get a fastpass for it the normal way.

To be honest Thunder Mountain is a better roller coaster based on thrill of the ride, dwarves just wins out on a better theming around the ride.

Now just because you go at rope drop doesn't mean you'll get right on with no wait. We tried that one day on our last trip and by the time we got there it was already going to be a 40 minute wait I think because of the number of people that were already there waiting to ride that had been let in the park early for breakfast. We skipped it that day and went to Peter Pan... After we've experienced it a few time it has probably made it to the point where anything over a 30 minute wait for it and we will skip it... not because its a bad ride, but because it is very short.

DisneyFans4Life

I'm not a roller coaster guy by any means; I will ride BTMRR, but not SM. I rode this once and thought it was pretty neat. It was smooth and the theming was really cool. I may ride it again the next time we go, just depends on what the wait will be. I can tell you that my wife loves roller coasters, but she doesn't make it a point to ride this every time we go. I'd say try to do it once and do it right at rope drop or late at night; it's definitely worth riding once just for the experience.

Haymarket2008

Despite all of the complaints that it is too short and wasn't built to its' creative potential, I genuinely think it is a modern classic. So charming and a lot of fun. I'm glad that an attraction like this pays homage to the film that started it all. The lift hill is one of the best moments found in a Disney attraction.

lostpro9het

I think it is all in your interpretation of bad. Is it on par with SM, BTM or EE, absolutely not! Is it a fun ride that young kids who enjoy Barnstormer will enjoy even more, YES! Call it hating or call it being real, this ride, IMO is essentially Barnstormer 2.0 with way better visuals and cool animatronics. Yes, the ride is very short. Yes, the themeing is very awesome. IMO, its at most a once a trip ride, or more if you feel like burning your FPs for it. I don't believe the standby wait justifies the ride even with the limited queue interactions.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I think it is all in your interpretation of bad. Is it on par with SM, BTM or EE, absolutely not! Is it a fun ride that young kids who enjoy Barnstormer will enjoy even more, YES! Call it hating or call it being real, this ride, IMO is essentially Barnstormer 2.0 with way better visuals and cool animatronics. Yes, the ride is very short. Yes, the themeing is very awesome. IMO, its at most a once a trip ride, or more if you feel like burning your FPs for it. I don't believe the standby wait justifies the ride even with the limited queue interactions.

SM, BTM, and EE minus the visuals are just average and/or boring roller coasters. It is the visuals that make these rides...in the same way it makes 7DMT way better than barnstormer.

andy773

Go into it with the proper expectations and you will be fine. If you've never done it, I would say it was worth a 60 minute wait.

raven

It's the most requested FP because it's the newest. Happens everywhere. It's a decent, cute ride but don't expect to be "totally amazed." It also has small seats with butt cut-outs, no joke, which makes it a little uncomfortable compared to a normal bench seat like BTMRR. Once you wait in the standby line for it once, you will probably not bother with it again without a FP. Hope this gives you a good idea.

EnergyKing

I give it an A for smoothness, but a C plus overall. It could've been longer and scarier (with more witch). Also I take points off for being redundant (there's already a mine train coaster) and for causing the end of Snow White's Adventures (although i still believe the original SWA was best). It's a kiddie-coaster, at the end of the day. If you're under 10 you'll prob find it thrilling.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom