7 Dwarves Mine Train

POLY LOVER

The animatronics are Disney quality
The theme is great
The ride cars are imaginative
The queue line is interesting
The only negative is the ride is a little short but I can forgive that
All in all its a great ride considering their most recent offerings.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The animatronics are Disney quality
The theme is great
The ride cars are imaginative
The queue line is interesting
The only negative is the ride is a little short but I can forgive that
All in all its a great ride considering their most recent offerings.

That and if you are sitting in the front row the ride is a snoozer in a lot of ways as you're mostly down the drop before it lets go...and don't get me started about the lap bars made for cabbage patch size kids

SamN'Dean

Despite all of the complaints that it is too short and wasn't built to its' creative potential, I genuinely think it is a modern classic. So charming and a lot of fun. I'm glad that an attraction like this pays homage to the film that started it all. The lift hill is one of the best moments found in a Disney attraction.

I agree. We rode it for the first time a few weeks back, when we snagged a Be Our Guest early breakfast reservation, and we thought it was a BLAST. The minute we got off, we wanted to ride it again! But there was already an hour wait within minutes of the park opening.
The comments here make it seem like it is over in 5 seconds, so there was a point where I said, "we are still going?" LOL. It doesn't seem shorter to me than Rock'n Roller Coaster over at DHS. Makes you wonder why this ride gets all the hyperbolic dismissal.

Tobe

That and if you are sitting in the front row the ride is a snoozer in a lot of ways as you're mostly down the drop before it lets go...and don't get me started about the lap bars made for cabbage patch size kids
Our recommendation would definitely be to sit in the back. As you said the front is a bit boring but the back is fairly good as you get pulled over the top of the hills so you get a bit more speed. Just like BTMRR.

Someone else mentioned that you don't swing that much but that's kind of up to you. If you want more swing, lean into the turns. We get our cart going pretty well. Hopefully the people in front of us are okay with that!

We are bigger guys (I am 6ft and 270lbs) and while the laps bars are a bit constraining, we haven't had any issues fitting in the ride.

It's a short ride and I wish they wouldn't have cut back their original plans for it but overall I still think it is well done and I love it. We usually ride it at least two times every day we are at MK.

danyoung56

How do you know that? Is it something Disney stated somewhere?

I'm not sure if they stated this or not. But from the descriptions as they were building it first in California, I just mentally put it in the C ticket category. And as such, it's very well done. It's not a super-headliner, nor was it ever meant to be.

POLY LOVER

I'm not sure if they stated this or not. But from the descriptions as they were building it first in California, I just mentally put it in the C ticket category. And as such, it's very well done. It's not a super-headliner, nor was it ever meant to be.

do you think if it were a dark ride they could hide some of the so so plastic fishy items and the exposed ceiling and improve the rides look?

osucbsb

When we rode it the first time, our expectations were too high. When we rode it the second time, we really enjoyed it.

The Tuna

Just rode it for the first time last week and it was a fun ride. Would have loved for it to be longer but that can be said for a lot of good rides.

rob0519

We rode it back in July and yes the ride is too short and yes, the lap bars are built for 12 year olds, not adults. That being said, I actually like the ride.

We were in the MK yesterday (Nov. 24). The park opened at 8:00. We arrived at 8:10 and went straight to the attraction, getting there by approximately 8:15 and the standby line was already at 60 minutes. By 11:00 it was at 100 minutes.

Kate F

I don't think the mine train is a bad ride at all, and believe that it succeeds in being a nice little family coaster. However I believe that it was hyped too much and isn't worth much more than a 30 minute wait IMO. I love thrill rides and I knew that the ride wasn't targeting my age group and also knew not to expect Big Thunder or Space Mountain. However it was still pretty disappointing, especially considering we had to wait over an hour for it and couldn't get fastpasses. I liked the theming and animatronics but other than that, it didn't do much for me and again, was way too short. I'd like to have seen what the longer original version would have been like. I also personally don't think the ride would have been nearly as disappointing if it weren't one of the only new major ride additions to ANY of the parks in the last five years or so. However that's just my opinion, and I'm sure if you go in with the right expectations, you will enjoy it.

brb1006

For those who are interested in Shanghai Disney Resort, I'm having a feeling there version of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train might be longer and bigger compared to the one at WDW.
Map-Shanghai-Disneyland-Disneytown.jpg

MerlinTheGoat

I believe there have been flyovers of the resort, and the early construction shots of Shanghai's Mine Train showed the exact same layout as WDW's. You can't use artistic park maps as accurate representations of rides or their scale/length.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom