The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

@figmentfan423, I have been looking into it (I LOVE Google, and it does look like the CP has stuff that ds will eat, and someone mentioned biscuits and gravy in their review, so they must have that, too. But, I notice it has a kid's section...do kids have to eat from that section or can they eat from the regular buffet, too? DS would eat the cinnamon cake mentioned, and one picture showed what looked to be donut holes, and croissants, and the puffed french toast looks like what we eat here on New Years, which ds LOVES. So if he can eat from the regular buffet, that might indeed be a better option. DD will love waffles and fruit, and they both love pancakes. If I can be sure there's enough for ds to fill up on, that would be perfect.

Figgy1

Premium Member
@figmentfan423, I have been looking into it (I LOVE Google, and it does look like the CP has stuff that ds will eat, and someone mentioned biscuits and gravy in their review, so they must have that, too. But, I notice it has a kid's section...do kids have to eat from that section or can they eat from the regular buffet, too? DS would eat the cinnamon cake mentioned, and one picture showed what looked to be donut holes, and croissants, and the puffed french toast looks like what we eat here on New Years, which ds LOVES. So if he can eat from the regular buffet, that might indeed be a better option. DD will love waffles and fruit, and they both love pancakes. If I can be sure there's enough for ds to fill up on, that would be perfect.
I'm not sure about the buffet rules for kids under 10. My dh also likes biscuits and gravy so I started a thread in the dining section. CP is about $10 per adult cheaper

catmom46

I've gotten so frustrated with my kids' school. They have Kanjer Training, which is basically supposed to teach kids how to stand up for themselves and use words and think about their own behavior. So they have different colors of caps and they say for example the yellow cap is being a whiner/cry baby. Red is being bossy. Black is being a bully. And the kids can just say "Hey, you're wearing a black hat today" which is supposed to make the bully think about his actions and change the behavior. And if they don't, the kid is supposed to tell them 3 times to stop whatever it is, that they don't like it. If, after 3 attempts, it doesn't stop, only then are they supposed to go to a teacher. But bullies don't really care about what hat color they are wearing, and it's my son telling them to stop that they find amusing and it gives them more incentive to continue than it does to stop. I actually walked around the corner to the school to pick my kids up to find my son being held up against the wall by a boy 3 years older than him, shaking him. My son was in tears and screaming for him to stop, and the bully's friend was standing on his other side so DS couldn't get away. I went up and ripped them off of him and screamed at them. They ran off, I went and reported it to a teacher and the only thing that happened was that my son had to go with the teacher the next morning to ask the kid why he did that and to tell him he didn't like it, and the boy had to apologize and promise not to do it again. It was apparently never recorded, because a month later, another parent saw the same boy following DS around on the play ground nudging him and intimidating him, DS using the kanjer method of telling him to stop. She reported it to a teacher, who then did the exact same thing as the first incident...DS had to ask him why he did it and tell him he didn't like it, and the bully had to apologize and say it would never happen again. Then a few weeks later, there was ANOTHER incident. The bully was never punished in any way and it was never recorded by the school, so no one knew to watch for it. I WISH there was a program in place like your CAPS!!

That is beyond frustrating!! Why even have that type of training if incidents aren't going to be recorded?? :mad::mad::mad:

catmom46

sheesh :rolleyes: by eating the plants you are just perpetuating the cycle and putting demand out there for all the veggie murderers to continue plying their trade ;) :hilarious:

Why would anyone want to harm these adorable creatures???
original-veggietales.jpg

catmom46

I am SO OVER this day!!! Calgon take me away! First I had to break up a fight between 2 10 year olds, one of which it seemed tried to bite the ear off the other because the boy threw a drink on him. Then my head started pounding and hasn't stopped. Then I got a call that my FIL was taken to the hospital feeling funny. Then I got a call that they discovered he had a heart attack. So hubby went to the hospital instead of coming home. So I arranged for DS to ride with someone to soccer practice, and then hubby called back to say his dad had ANOTHER heart attack, but was laughing and joking and in no immediate danger, so they must have been small heart attacks. I am just done with stress for today, thank you!!
On the upside, I did manage to get through a good portion of my Disney food list. It's color-coded and pretty. I love lists.

Yikes, that is a very stressful day! But at least it's just about done now and some Disney was involved.

catmom46

:hungry:

Just finished lunch at my other school (had stuff to do this morning and came straight here). When I discovered the broken microwave :banghead: I went ahead and bought lunch. Didn't take a pic, but turkey, bacon, and avocado on pita bread.:hungry: It was delicious.

I don't have a pic either, but I had lunch today at this place: http://www.shophousekitchen.com/food.html

I got noodles, chicken, kale, green curry sauce, herb salad, and crispy garlic. Slurp. :hungry:

catmom46

When we were there last month no one was monitoring to make sure kids ate from the kids' section. They can get whatever they want and adults could get stuff from the kids' section, as I had a few helpings of the puffed french toast. So yummy!!!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
:joyfull: I hate wearing shoes.
Same here. I'd only wear flip flops ;) or go barefoot all the time, if I could. :)
second.. only tennis and sandals here.
Shoes hurt me :(

I love my sandals don't get me wrong, but I love my shoes. I work for shoes.;) Now I have shoes and then there are my good SHOES. I have several pairs of Jimmy Choo's. Heaven wrapped around your feet. I generally live in my Asics running shoes. So much comfort and support.

Gabe1

I've gotten so frustrated with my kids' school. They have Kanjer Training, which is basically supposed to teach kids how to stand up for themselves and use words and think about their own behavior. So they have different colors of caps and they say for example the yellow cap is being a whiner/cry baby. Red is being bossy. Black is being a bully. And the kids can just say "Hey, you're wearing a black hat today" which is supposed to make the bully think about his actions and change the behavior. And if they don't, the kid is supposed to tell them 3 times to stop whatever it is, that they don't like it. If, after 3 attempts, it doesn't stop, only then are they supposed to go to a teacher. But bullies don't really care about what hat color they are wearing, and it's my son telling them to stop that they find amusing and it gives them more incentive to continue than it does to stop. I actually walked around the corner to the school to pick my kids up to find my son being held up against the wall by a boy 3 years older than him, shaking him. My son was in tears and screaming for him to stop, and the bully's friend was standing on his other side so DS couldn't get away. I went up and ripped them off of him and screamed at them. They ran off, I went and reported it to a teacher and the only thing that happened was that my son had to go with the teacher the next morning to ask the kid why he did that and to tell him he didn't like it, and the boy had to apologize and promise not to do it again. It was apparently never recorded, because a month later, another parent saw the same boy following DS around on the play ground nudging him and intimidating him, DS using the kanjer method of telling him to stop. She reported it to a teacher, who then did the exact same thing as the first incident...DS had to ask him why he did it and tell him he didn't like it, and the bully had to apologize and say it would never happen again. Then a few weeks later, there was ANOTHER incident. The bully was never punished in any way and it was never recorded by the school, so no one knew to watch for it. I WISH there was a program in place lik your CAPS!!

May I offer this advice. The school should be recording physical contact bullying. If it happens again skip the school and go fill out a police report. Psychological bullying is harsh enough without there being physical and psychological stuff. It is no longer bullying when there is touching shaking etc. Just tell the police officer the school has failed to respond to multiple assaults in an appropriate manner. The school board should be notified of a police report, it might spark the administrators to actually do what they are hired to do.

My DS was at a small private college in Wisconsin when he had an iPod stolen from his locked room. He knew who did it just could prove it. The school security officer told him to be more careful with his stuff. Seriously? No report. I instructed him to get in his car and go to the Police Department and file a police report. Ha! College didn't like the police report that stated College Campus police did not act. Giggle.
Ultimately the kid got into trouble and was arrested for something else, when police and security went into empty his dorm room there was my DS iPod.

Me I am rather fond of parents that fill out police reports when the schools do not respond properly.

Gabe1

Now THAT is fascinating about the bands for CMs. Glad a lot of them stash the bands before starting their work day. Work (in any profession) is stressful enough without being electronically stalked. Yikes. :jawdrop:

Like I said I don't like it but there is nothing I can really do about it. You're basically chipped. A positive though about the bands is they provide "ID" for a lost child. If Disney has custody of a lost child, they can scan the childs ban to get their parents name/contract number, etc. Plus and minus' for everything I guess.

Gabe1

I'm figuring out that public schools, such as my second school, have a lot of hidden fees. My school, you pay tuition, room and board if you need it, and for your books. That's it. No laundry fees or printing fees (unless you exceed your allowance; which rarely happens to anyone), no parking fees, nothing. Commuters get s 10% discount on food. And free food is a regular occurrence (most recently today. Two of my professors also said there would periodically be free food in class. I also stopped by academic support to pick up my disability paperwork and there was food). Considering that with my scholarship, I pay the same for private school that we would have paid at a public school sans scholarships, I get a whole lot more for my money, beyond just free food. Smaller classes (two of mine only have 8 people), more intimate feeling, no hidden fees...yup. Made the right choice

It is all what you are looking for in a University. There was a fee for everything at my DD University, less at my DS second University he didn't even have to buy books. My DD looked at big schools, the smallest she considered was Tulane which was just under 9000 undergrads. U of I has 44,000 students enrolled at their Champaign-Urbana campus which is 3 square miles of classrooms and 7 square miles of other stuff like rec buildings, farm studies, research labs etc. The place is massive and is supported by an amazing bus system. Disney could teach them some things about transportation of the masses. U of I has the best campus for students with disabilities in the country and they have no problems loading and unloading these students on and off buses in wheelchairs without delaying the schedule.
My DD wanted huge for a University after growing up in our little Hamlet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom