The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

@figmentfan423, I hope this works. I highlighted the area in Pink, then on the left it has either a Q for Quick service, a T for table service, or an S for snack. If there is a separate children's menu in the quick service ones, I highlighted it in blue because DS will have to order from the children's menu. Yellow is for recommended dishes on blogs, etc. Green is for something that one of us is particularly interested in or that that restaurant has specialty varieties of that item, Purple is just anything I need to note, underline is anything on the kids menu that DS will eat. The D with the slash through it, highlighted in orange means they don't accept dining plans. And then I blurred out my son's name in one where I wrote that if we ate there, he'd have to have toetjes dag (dessert day) because there was nothing on the menu he'll eat except dessert. Every so often we have toetjes dag, usually on Report Card day, so it's a familiar concept to the kids and they love the special treat. On vacation, we wouldn't be as...firm about food. View attachment 107757
its going to be a loooooog list ;)

Songbird76

@Songbird76 if you're thinking about doing a TS breakfast might I suggest Crystal Palace and get an 8am ADR you'll be in the park one hour before the park opens
I thought about it, but the Tusker house has a broader selection of food and more that DS will eat according to the online menu, so I chose that one instead of CP. As nice as it would be to be in the park early, if we're going to spend that much on a TS restaurant, we'd better be able to get our money's worth!

Figgy1

Premium Member
I thought about it, but the Tusker house has a broader selection of food and more that DS will eat according to the online menu, so I chose that one instead of CP. As nice as it would be to be in the park early, if we're going to spend that much on a TS restaurant, we'd better be able to get our money's worth!
CP has stuffed French toast, Mickey waffles, bacon etc. What's on TH that's not on CP?

Songbird76

its going to be a loooooog list ;)
I don't do things by halves when it comes to my lists. Last time we went on vacation, I asked hubby to print off my lists for me (I had lists for all the books I own, all the books I WANT, so I don't end up with multiple copies, foods I missed and needed to eat while in the US, things I needed to buy to take back with me, packing lists, and itinerary) and he did...and as a joke, also printed a "list of lists" which I didn't notice wasn't one of my lists because I seriously considered making one and forgot I never did. I am a list maker extraordinaire!

Songbird76

CP has stuffed French toast, Mickey waffles, bacon etc. What's on TH that's not on CP?
Right...the Crystal Palace online menu doesn't tell you what's on it. It just says "assorted pastries", "omelets" "Breakfast cereals" and "Variety of potatoes and comfort foods" and seasonal fruit. DS won't eat fruit, he won't eat stuffed French toast, he won't eat potatoes or omelets, I don't know what they mean by comfort foods, and I'm not paying that price for DS to eat cereal. TH lists several cuts of meats, different kinds of pastries that I know DS will eat like croissants, and it lists biscuits and gravy, which we don't have here in the Netherlands and I MISS.

StarWarsGirl

Right...the Crystal Palace online menu doesn't tell you what's on it. It just says "assorted pastries", "omelets" "Breakfast cereals" and "Variety of potatoes and comfort foods" and seasonal fruit. DS won't eat fruit, he won't eat stuffed French toast, he won't eat potatoes or omelets, I don't know what they mean by comfort foods, and I'm not paying that price for DS to eat cereal. TH lists several cuts of meats, different kinds of pastries that I know DS will eat like croissants, and it lists biscuits and gravy, which we don't have here in the Netherlands and I MISS.
Your son sounds like my brother. Will not eat much at the buffets, no fruit, potatoes, omelets, or stuffed french toast. Basically, he eats bacon and waffles, and you can never tell how much he'll eat. We don't pay for him to eat at any buffets really.

StarWarsGirl

11951390_10152955106871852_3021814713668924738_n.jpg

StarWarsGirl

OK gang, today's absconded luncheon munchies...
Roast beef sandwich, roast pork sandwich, Zapp's Voodoo Kettle chips, and a chocolate chip cookie...! :joyfull: :hungry: :D :)

View attachment 107783
:hungry:

Just finished lunch at my other school (had stuff to do this morning and came straight here). When I discovered the broken microwave :banghead: I went ahead and bought lunch. Didn't take a pic, but turkey, bacon, and avocado on pita bread.:hungry: It was delicious.

Songbird76

Your son sounds like my brother. Will not eat much at the buffets, no fruit, potatoes, omelets, or stuffed french toast. Basically, he eats bacon and waffles, and you can never tell how much he'll eat. We don't pay for him to eat at any buffets really.
Well, ds won't eat bacon either! Mostly what he'll eat is cereal or we have these things that are kind of like disk shaped croutons...basically just dried out bread is what it feels like. He'll eat that with butter and sprinkles. Obviously they won't have those at Disney, as it's traditional Dutch fare. So no way am I paying those prices for him to eat cereal!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom