The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Ouch. I can't wear flipflops. I'm a person that can trip over air so no FFs for me. I'm a barefoot girl. :p
I'm the same way. I trip and hubby says "Hi, sweetie". He says if I don't trip at least once a day he's not sure it's me. I also run into things...mostly door handles. I've almost always got a bruise right by my elbow from walking into a doorknob, and my coworkers laugh at me because I often run into support beams or shelving units. I'm gifted.

Songbird76

I am SO OVER this day!!! Calgon take me away! First I had to break up a fight between 2 10 year olds, one of which it seemed tried to bite the ear off the other because the boy threw a drink on him. Then my head started pounding and hasn't stopped. Then I got a call that my FIL was taken to the hospital feeling funny. Then I got a call that they discovered he had a heart attack. So hubby went to the hospital instead of coming home. So I arranged for DS to ride with someone to soccer practice, and then hubby called back to say his dad had ANOTHER heart attack, but was laughing and joking and in no immediate danger, so they must have been small heart attacks. I am just done with stress for today, thank you!!
On the upside, I did manage to get through a good portion of my Disney food list. It's color-coded and pretty. I love lists.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I am SO OVER this day!!! Calgon take me away! First I had to break up a fight between 2 10 year olds, one of which it seemed tried to bite the ear off the other because the boy threw a drink on him. Then my head started pounding and hasn't stopped. Then I got a call that my FIL was taken to the hospital feeling funny. Then I got a call that they discovered he had a heart attack. So hubby went to the hospital instead of coming home. So I arranged for DS to ride with someone to soccer practice, and then hubby called back to say his dad had ANOTHER heart attack, but was laughing and joking and in no immediate danger, so they must have been small heart attacks. I am just done with stress for today, thank you!!
On the upside, I did manage to get through a good portion of my Disney food list. It's color-coded and pretty. I love lists.
Sympathy like. I hope it wasn't serious and he'll be well soon xoxo

Cesar R M

@Cesar R M How to kill a cactus (or ANY plant for that matter): give it to me. I'm an expert plant killer. I don't even have to try. I suspect they look at me and go "OH NO! She's TERRIBLE with plants" and they commit suicide so it's a quicker death. I had a cactus type desert arrangement for a couple of months in college. One of those kinds where they are better left alone and you just water it once every 3 weeks and they are good to go...I killed it. I still have no idea how. My husband has banned plants from our home...I'm not allowed to have them because I name them and then cry when they die.
...names the cactus.. the cactus then die... she cries the cactuses names...

agAvbDf.gif

are you using a black " DEATH NOTE" book to write the names of your plants by any chance?

Cesar R M

:hilarious: I do believe I have met my soul sister here, in the plant killing division! I ALSO had a cactus plant (actually plants in an arrangement), that one of the executives at work gave to me a few months ago. It only needed to be spritzed with water once a month. I did that, and it's still dying (after about 3 months . . .) :eek: Meanwhile, I've managed to kill every plant that ever came into the house! (I do not have a "green thumb" obviously :rolleyes: ;) .)
perhaps you suck the souls of the poor plants via touching and you're secretly extending your life?
q64EquL.jpg

Cesar R M

So I'm going to book my next WDW trip for May - June sometime this week! I got the itch again. I think this time we are going to stay at Sports with just the park hopper. We are not going to get a preferred room and I PLAN on not making many table service reservations because those get expensive. Yes I'm going to budget on this trip.
for what I heard around.. going in June is a thing for masochists ;)

Songbird76

@figmentfan423, I hope this works. I highlighted the area in Pink, then on the left it has either a Q for Quick service, a T for table service, or an S for snack. If there is a separate children's menu in the quick service ones, I highlighted it in blue because DS will have to order from the children's menu. Yellow is for recommended dishes on blogs, etc. Green is for something that one of us is particularly interested in or that that restaurant has specialty varieties of that item, Purple is just anything I need to note, underline is anything on the kids menu that DS will eat. The D with the slash through it, highlighted in orange means they don't accept dining plans. And then I blurred out my son's name in one where I wrote that if we ate there, he'd have to have toetjes dag (dessert day) because there was nothing on the menu he'll eat except dessert. Every so often we have toetjes dag, usually on Report Card day, so it's a familiar concept to the kids and they love the special treat. On vacation, we wouldn't be as...firm about food. 11938243_10153480022346830_20548185_n.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
@figmentfan423, I hope this works. I highlighted the area in Pink, then on the left it has either a Q for Quick service, a T for table service, or an S for snack. If there is a separate children's menu in the quick service ones, I highlighted it in blue because DS will have to order from the children's menu. Yellow is for recommended dishes on blogs, etc. Green is for something that one of us is particularly interested in or that that restaurant has specialty varieties of that item, Purple is just anything I need to note, underline is anything on the kids menu that DS will eat. The D with the slash through it, highlighted in orange means they don't accept dining plans. And then I blurred out my son's name in one where I wrote that if we ate there, he'd have to have toetjes dag (dessert day) because there was nothing on the menu he'll eat except dessert. Every so often we have toetjes dag, usually on Report Card day, so it's a familiar concept to the kids and they love the special treat. On vacation, we wouldn't be as...firm about food. View attachment 107757
YUM! Any plans for the parks?

Songbird76

YUM! Any plans for the parks?
Oh, that's just one page of the list. I'm on page 7 now and have at least one more to go after this. I've got one list for each of the parks and one for all the resorts plus Downtown Disney. I have a couple of places starred where I know we want to eat there. We're only going to do a couple of Table service restaurants since we'll be on the quick-service plan, so table service is extra. But we're planning to do Sci Fi dine in at HS, and 50s Prime time, as well. Tony's at MK because it's my favorite Disney movie so we HAVE to eat there. And Tuskerhouse breakfast buffet looks fantastic, so we're thinking about that, which is also a character dining experience.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh, that's just one page of the list. I'm on page 7 now and have at least one more to go after this. I've got one list for each of the parks and one for all the resorts plus Downtown Disney. I have a couple of places starred where I know we want to eat there. We're only going to do a couple of Table service restaurants since we'll be on the quick-service plan, so table service is extra. But we're planning to do Sci Fi dine in at HS, and 50s Prime time, as well. Tony's at MK because it's my favorite Disney movie so we HAVE to eat there. And Tuskerhouse breakfast buffet looks fantastic, so we're thinking about that, which is also a character dining experience.
Just remember Sci-Fi is an attraction, do not go for the food! Go for the atmosphere

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom