The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It's all about the beds.
Mike and I share - obvi.
Son #2 and the GF are going to share (regardless of what I say - as long as it's not in MY home).
Tammy needs her own.
AS will need his own.

Bonnet Creek offers 2 and 3 bedroom condos with sleeper sofas, and two bathrooms.
The resort also has multiple pools and a lazy river.

We would as always, have a rental car.

I'll check out the ones you've mentioned though, for sure.

Anticipated dates - August 22-September 1.

Just an fyi: the Dolphin has 2 full-sized beds in most rooms (I could never understand that decision in a modern hotel). The Swan has 2 queens or 1 king (I don't think there are any 2 kings, but you could check on that), depending upon what room you select. Since the number of beds is an issue for your group, just keep the above in mind, especially with regard to your husband, who is tall, and may prefer more space.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
And that is my opinion. Get them while they are young before they have all those hangups.

In my case, I held off to 21; because when I was 17, I was in a bad car accident (I was a passenger in the front seat). Both of the drivers had been drinking. Of course, I was the only one who was injured and rushed to the local hospital; I received 26 stitches in my head, in addition to other lesser injuries, that night. Took me ages to get over the trauma, and I did everything I could to avoid riding in cars for the longest time. Finally, guided by my mother's gentle persuasion, I went and got my license at 21. Still, even to this day, I drive minimally and only on weekends in early morning hours when not much traffic is on the roads. I'm still not thrilled about being a passenger in cars either.

Eric1955

Why the hatred of shorts. They are my favorite attire!

Well a cute little sundress is nice too but I don't expect that guys get that.

One reason I refuse to wear shorts is that I hate feeling exposed. I like to wear layers and keep my body covered up. I have the same issue with shoes. I refuse to wear open toe shoes. The other reason I refuse to wear shorts has to do once again with me being hopelessly old-fashioned. Once upon a time boys stopped wearing shorts when they reached a certain level of maturity. I still think this is the way to go. I don't mind other people wearing them, but I don't like them.

Or maybe I'm just weird ;)

Last edited:

Eric1955

Hi there, friend!! :happy: Finally, somebody else who can't stand summer' and you also pointed out that you can't wear your preferred style in the summer, because it's too hot. I don't like my summer clothes, either. Now, I'm far from a fashionista, but I think I look better with a few more layers and accessories. Also, I hate shorts on me, because I'm fair-skinned, and I don't tan much at all. (Then again, I avoid the sun in the summer as much as possible, always seeking out shaded area. That might have something to do with my lack of a tan? o_O :D)

Ha! I'm the exact same way!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So pretty and I am jealous. How on Gods Earth in Northern Wisconsin do you have flowers and I have an inch of tulip leaf? So not fair.

We haven't had snow on the ground in almost a month. Plus this flower bed is raised up a little and near the house so the flowers bloom fairly fast. I will have to share another picture soon, I noticed my daffodils are coming up now too!

Figgy1

Premium Member
One reason I refuse to wear shorts is that I hate feeling exposed. I like to wear layers and keep my body covered up. I have the same issue with shoes. I refuse to wear open toe shoes. The other reason I refuse to wear shorts has to do once again with me being hopelessly old-fashioned. Once upon a time boys stopped wearing shorts when they reached a certain level of maturity. I still think this is the way to go. I don't mind other people wearing them, but I don't like them.

Or maybe I'm just weird ;)

Ha! I'm the exact same way!
I like wearing shorts in the summer. But up her I' won't get them out until of the closet until July at the rate this winter is going!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I couldn't wait to get my driver's license at 16 it was so much fun to have some freedom. Now though as hubby and I are starting to do more planning about where we want to retire too (even though we are MANY years away from it) we are looking into places that have good public transportation systems so we don't have to drive anywhere!

StarWarsGirl

It's all about the beds.
Mike and I share - obvi.
Son #2 and the GF are going to share (regardless of what I say - as long as it's not in MY home).
Tammy needs her own.
AS will need his own.

Bonnet Creek offers 2 and 3 bedroom condos with sleeper sofas, and two bathrooms.
The resort also has multiple pools and a lazy river.

We would as always, have a rental car.

I'll check out the ones you've mentioned though, for sure.

Anticipated dates - August 22-September 1.
Did you check on the idea of a two bedroom on property, or is it out of your price range?

Might be too late to rent points (although you could always check), but they have three beds (one king, two queens) a sleeper sofa, and some have sleep chairs as well, and two bathrooms.

StarWarsGirl

I didn't get mine until I was 18. I didn't like driving then and I still don't like driving. When I turned 18 I had to start driving though.
I'm the opposite. I hated taking the bus to high school (mainly because we shared a bus with a bunch of obnoxious middle schoolers, but that's another story) and because of where I live, you have to drive to get anywhere. I had my license at 16 and 9 months, slightly late because I didn't start driving until two months after getting my permit. My mother was going to teach me, and she had surgery, and then her mother died, so things were crazy for a bit. But I got my license ASAP just so I wasn't stuck at the house or stuck waiting for rides all of the time. Even so, though, I have a rule: My car, I drive.

My mom and I were going somewhere a few weeks ago. She was in the passenger seat (because my car, I drive). After she had been instructing me the entire way down, when either 1. I was doing what she said or 2. she told me wrong, she tells me to turn in the wrong direction. I correct her, and then say, "Ya know Mom, you taught me how to drive and you taught me very well..." and I was about to say, "I don't really need this much instruction now," but she cuts me off and says, "So I should just shut up and let you do it." Yup, that's one way to put it.:hilarious:

Eric1955

I'm the opposite. I hated taking the bus to high school (mainly because we shared a bus with a bunch of obnoxious middle schoolers, but that's another story) and because of where I live, you have to drive to get anywhere. I had my license at 16 and 9 months, slightly late because I didn't start driving until two months after getting my permit. My mother was going to teach me, and she had surgery, and then her mother died, so things were crazy for a bit. But I got my license ASAP just so I wasn't stuck at the house or stuck waiting for rides all of the time. Even so, though, I have a rule: My car, I drive.

My mom and I were going somewhere a few weeks ago. She was in the passenger seat (because my car, I drive). After she had been instructing me the entire way down, when either 1. I was doing what she said or 2. she told me wrong, she tells me to turn in the wrong direction. I correct her, and then say, "Ya know Mom, you taught me how to drive and you taught me very well..." and I was about to say, "I don't really need this much instruction now," but she cuts me off and says, "So I should just shut up and let you do it." Yup, that's one way to put it.:hilarious:

I also live in an area where you have to drive to get anywhere. Since I was homeschooled from grade 8 up I didn't have to worry about riding the school bus. I have to drive now unfortunately. But if I go somewhere with somebody I let them drive. I like being chauffeured around.:D

When are these driverless cars gonna get here? I'm ready for that.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm not driving today because the snow will begin any minute and some people just can't be trusted not to hit me. I don't seem to have problems in it, but I've seen too many accidents in the type of slush we're expecting. Besides my kids are coming home early!:brb: So much for getting the house spotless today. LOL

Cesar R M

I'm vegetarian and a practicing Catholic and I've have never heard of meatless Mondays. To me it's just Monday. :hilarious:
Pretty sure the meatless thing was invented in spain and france by religious authorities during some severe lack of beef and pork meat (caused by plague I think).
With the "holy ordinance".. they made.. or more like forced the "peasants" to eat fish, chicken and veggies/fruits. So the population of cows and pork could grow back.
It was then converted into a "tradition" for the week of Easter.

Cesar R M

Hi there, friend!! :happy: Finally, somebody else who can't stand summer' and you also pointed out that you can't wear your preferred style in the summer, because it's too hot. I don't like my summer clothes, either. Now, I'm far from a fashionista, but I think I look better with a few more layers and accessories. Also, I hate shorts on me, because I'm fair-skinned, and I don't tan much at all. (Then again, I avoid the sun in the summer as much as possible, always seeking out shaded area. That might have something to do with my lack of a tan? o_O :D)
you will hate my city lol, every day is shorts day!

Cesar R M

Ha! I believe the current term is Climate Change. Think they dropped the ol' Global Warming term a few years ago, because it did not accurately portray the entire situation. :)
more like because a whole load of americans(hilariously, almost all republican) keep thinking that:
gigantic snow storm in their country = all world is getting colder, thus global warming = conspiracy.
despite that the global warming is GLOBAL temps, not their country's.

I still remember the gigantic fights in various forums due of this.
It was facepalm inducing that anyone with a hint of intelligence..
So, all smart people ended with a red head (too much facepalming)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Also known as Andy Travis, total babe.
Andy was too pretty for me. Same reason Brad Pitt and Ben Affleck don't make me swoon.
My only pretty boy exemption is Clooney; but even that's more about the voice.

Fever looked like a bad boy, a little rough around the edges ... but with a pure heart. I so wanted Johnny and Bailey to hook up, which they sort of did. He also had a very strict moral code, as evidenced in the "Payola" episode.

And you know, anyone who says "Boogerrrrrrrrrrrr" is all right in my book.

I also loved Herb and Mr. Carlson; their vulnerability broke my heart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom