Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
texas-wildflowers.jpg

:D ;) :)

Need to hurt you dear friend. :oops:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
And that is a horse of a different color. If I had a kid with dope issue I too would not help him get behind the wheel ever, I couldn't live with myself if a kid of mine harmed another knowing that. In a heartbeat I would have let my DD take her car to college if she wished. Her opinion was the lot was 2 1/2 miles from her dorm by bus. Bus got her where she needed to be on campus less than that. No brainer for her. DS, well there was beer parties abound. I wan't dealing with all that. I happily paid the $50 to others to just drive him home. My insurance was cheaper with them away at college and their cars at home.

No idea what a G2 is.
Graduated licensing.
Start w/a G-1 - learner's permit. 12 months minimum or 8 months, if a full accredited driving course/program is taken. Ministry approved certificate is issued; also results in reduced insurance premiums. Many restrictions.
Written test only.

Next is a G-2 - you can drive on your own, with fewer restrictions. No driving from midnight-5:00 am w/passengers. Must have this licence for a minimum of one year.
Road test required.

Next is G licence - the regular one you will hold for the rest of your driving career.
Another road test is required to get your G.

In all cases, a 0% blood alcohol level is required for the first four years.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Take a look at both Swan & Dolphin and the Hilton right across from DTD. Both have EMHs. I love the Hilton. They have different transportation however I take the bus to either Sarrattoga or FQ and boat it over to DTD and utilize the Disney transportation that way. The rooms at the Hilton are huge and I have always had free full service, sit down breakfast for free. Transportation might be an issue with so many different sleep patterns in your group. Going to the parks is perfect from the Hilton, going back a pain in the butt.
It's all about the beds.
Mike and I share - obvi.
Son #2 and the GF are going to share (regardless of what I say - as long as it's not in MY home).
Tammy needs her own.
AS will need his own.

Bonnet Creek offers 2 and 3 bedroom condos with sleeper sofas, and two bathrooms.
The resort also has multiple pools and a lazy river.

We would as always, have a rental car.

I'll check out the ones you've mentioned though, for sure.

Anticipated dates - August 22-September 1.

Gabe1

Graduated licensing.
Start w/a G-1 - learner's permit. 12 months minimum or 8 months, if a full accredited driving course/program is taken. Ministry approved certificate is issued; also results in reduced insurance premiums. Many restrictions.
Written test only.

Next is a G-2 - you can drive on your own, with fewer restrictions. No driving from midnight-5:00 am w/passengers. Must have this licence for a minimum of one year.
Road test required.

Next is G licence - the regular one you will hold for the rest of your driving career.
Another road test is required to get your G.

In all cases, a 0% blood alcohol level is required for the first four years.

Dear Lord you guys are crazier than some of our states. We added a one passenger rule to our state laws if they were not related. I'm still in the camp that I want all this happening while they are under my roof, in my town and not off far away at college. Supervision to me is better. Obviously not to our lawmakers.

Gabe1

It's all about the beds.
Mike and I share - obvi.
Son #2 and the GF are going to share (regardless of what I say - as long as it's not in MY home).
Tammy needs her own.
AS will need his own.

Bonnet Creek offers 2 and 3 bedroom condos with sleeper sofas, and two bathrooms.
The resort also has multiple pools and a lazy river.

We would as always, have a rental car.

I'll check out the ones you've mentioned though, for sure.

Anticipated dates - August 22-September 1.

I get the rental car but I know the stories of the boys. They tend to want to sleep in the morning. Many the time I left my son behind and had him meet up with us.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I'm with you sister friend. My Nutty Nuns never had a word about Mondays either. If they could have tortured us one more day they would have.
Hubby is sawing logs beside me, but I will ask him tomorrow.
He worked at the Mother House for 19 years, so I suspect he would know the dietary restrictions during Holy Week, as he often ate in the cafeteria/dining room.

Or you know, one of us could just Google it.
Not me though, I have to get up at 4:10.

Later, Peeps.

Cesar R M

I am thinking - bet you can hear the wheels turning ....

Adopted Son would looooooove to come to Disney. Adopted Son deserves a decent family vacation.
There is no way to make it happen in two rooms at Coronado w/Son #2 and his GF in one room, and four of us in another.

There is a way, however, to make it happen at Bonnet Creek. Might have to take a detour over to that "other" site, as they have a whole thread dedicated to Bonnet Creek.

Even without Adopted Son, Bonnet Creek might still be a better option for the five of us. Loss of EMH is no biggie, as those are the parks we generally avoid.

I am thinking.

What do you think?
your call, your money.. your sons D:

I honestly do not see why son #2 and HIS GF must go.
Id give priority to adopted son for doing well.

Cesar R M

We had flurries and then 50's this afternoon. Global Warming yeah right :cautious:
its climate change.
but global temps are definitely up.
There was a warning 3 days ago about a gigantic chunk (of half the size of texas) starting to break from Antarctica.
If that thing floats away = giant mess for shipping companies and cruises in the lower areas.
plus if it melts = the seas will rise at least 1 meter globally.
That is catastrophic for areas like the nile delta, many small islands around the globe and many areas connected by rivers.

seahawk7

I don't remember it either and I was in Catholic Schools until 10th grade. But this was Holy Week and a very big deal in the church, so we just might not have heard it labeled, but for the more devout, it was probably unofficially observed. But, I'm just guessing. I come from a family that produced one Franciscan Monk, one Brother of Christian Instruction (teacher) and two Nuns not to mention the house full of Priest at my Grandmothers every Saturday night. That phrase (Meatless Monday) is new to me though. Might even be a day set up by Vegetarians, which now that I think about it, is probably more likely.

What one must remember is that I am the person that attended a seminar last week on recognizing the onset of Alzheimer's and then forget to bring the handouts home with me. Worst part is that I don't remember if that was listed as one of the warning signs or not.
I'm vegetarian and a practicing Catholic and I've have never heard of meatless Mondays. To me it's just Monday. :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ugh! I'm not looking forward to Summer. It gets so dang hot here and I hate hot weather. I also hate dressing for hot weather. I like to wear a light jacket and I refuse to wear shorts.

Hi there, friend!! :happy: Finally, somebody else who can't stand summer' and you also pointed out that you can't wear your preferred style in the summer, because it's too hot. I don't like my summer clothes, either. Now, I'm far from a fashionista, but I think I look better with a few more layers and accessories. Also, I hate shorts on me, because I'm fair-skinned, and I don't tan much at all. (Then again, I avoid the sun in the summer as much as possible, always seeking out shaded area. That might have something to do with my lack of a tan? o_O :D)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Take a look at both Swan & Dolphin and the Hilton right across from DTD. Both have EMHs. I love the Hilton. They have different transportation however I take the bus to either Sarrattoga or FQ and boat it over to DTD and utilize the Disney transportation that way. The rooms at the Hilton are huge and I have always had free full service, sit down breakfast for free. Transportation might be an issue with so many different sleep patterns in your group. Going to the parks is perfect from the Hilton, going back a pain in the butt.

I've also stayed at the DTD Hilton (last time was maybe 8 years ago). I liked it. Wanted to comment about your last sentence; I thought that going back to the hotel was also a breeze. Why? Because I never took their Hotel Blvd. shuttle service back; instead, I'd just take a Disney bus to DTD Marketplace, from wherever I was, and that worked out well. I'd then simply cross the street and walk up to the hotel. That was so much faster and efficient than sticking around, waiting for that shuttle. ;)

The prices were also very good at the Hilton, and the rooms were spacious. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom