Star Wars Land For DHS or LucasLand instead?

Daniel Johnson

Yeah but they shouldn't totally abandon the Indiana jones show, if anything they should keep it. It does deserve its presence just like Star Wars. Like I said Indy is just as popular as Star Wars IMO. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I think that, in terms of revenue generated...the Indy franchise doesn't hold the same flame as star wars. I don't have numbers on hand, but it seems pretty evident. The call for a star wars land seems more viable than keeping the Indy show in terms of growth in the parks. I enjoy Indy, but, as it was said before, the stunt show has run its course, it's been a great show...but as Bob Dylan says, times, they are a changing....avatar land all.

erasure fan1

I just hope if the stunt show leaves, we get a new Indy attraction elsewhere in the near future.

I agree. I am all for "star wars land" over any expansion they could do, but I think they need an Indy ride if they replace the stunt show someplace else in the studios. For me, the stunt show needs to go, especially if it is for star wars. But in no way would I want to see Indys only presence the great movie ride. I always think about what they could do with an Indy ride using the hybrid coaster/water ride system like Atlantis.

Maerj

To keep the Indy franchise alive, I'd like to see an Indy animated series on Disney XD. It would be better than most of the other shows they have on there. There has been rumors of rebooting Indy with a younger actor playing Indiana Jones. If all that would happen and be successful, then I could see an Indiana Jones ride or mini land happen.

twebber55

To keep the Indy franchise alive, I'd like to see an Indy animated series on Disney XD. It would be better than most of the other shows they have on there. There has been rumors of rebooting Indy with a younger actor playing Indiana Jones. If all that would happen and be successful, then I could see an Indiana Jones ride or mini land happen.
yeah that's the bottom line with star wars...really does a great job with the 10 and under crowd

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Ok well thanks for letting me know

And you need to learn the difference between there, their, there's and theirs..... And stop repeating the same post in a reply.

PhotoDave is correct. What we want is immaterial to what TDO wants and what is fact. It is apparent that several of the posters on this site have more accurate information than the rest of us just speculating do. And don't assume everyone has the same love for a particular movie franchise that you do. I love both Indiana Jones and Star Wars (and it has nothing to do with Harrison Ford, btw), but if Disney asked me which would I prefer to see in one of the parks, no question, Star Wars. As Jason and Mike both mentioned, there is no Indiana Jones weekends. And Disney has too much invested in the Star Wars franchise with the purchase of Lucasfilms and Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens release in 2015 to NOT concentrate on that particular story. Now if Disney would only release Empire and Jedi original theatrical releases on Blu-ray and convince Fox to do the same for the original (I am NOT going to call it A New Hope).......

I think the fan base for Star Wars far exceeds that of Indiana Jones. And might even rival Star Trek in size.... After all, there is serious debate on which ship is faster, Millennium Falcon or Enterprise, and according to specs, the Falcon won. Don't think you will find such debate for Indiana Jones....

twebber55

And you need to learn the difference between there, their, there's and theirs..... And stop repeating the same post in a reply.

PhotoDave is correct. What we want is immaterial to what TDO wants and what is fact. It is apparent that several of the posters on this site have more accurate information than the rest of us just speculating do. And don't assume everyone has the same love for a particular movie franchise that you do. I love both Indiana Jones and Star Wars (and it has nothing to do with Harrison Ford, btw), but if Disney asked me which would I prefer to see in one of the parks, no question, Star Wars. As Jason and Mike both mentioned, there is no Indiana Jones weekends. And Disney has too much invested in the Star Wars franchise with the purchase of Lucasfilms and Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens release in 2015 to NOT concentrate on that particular story. Now if Disney would only release Empire and Jedi original theatrical releases on Blu-ray and convince Fox to do the same for the original (I am NOT going to call it A New Hope).......

I think the fan base for Star Wars far exceeds that of Indiana Jones. And might even rival Star Trek in size.... After all, there is serious debate on which ship is faster, Millennium Falcon or Enterprise, and according to specs, the Falcon won. Don't think you will find such debate for Indiana Jones....
do people really debate which ship is faster?

LAKid53

Premium Member
yeah that's the bottom line with star wars...really does a great job with the 10 and under crowd

Sarcasm, right? As a Star Wars fan well past the age of 10, I would disagree....and there are legions of us.

LAKid53

Premium Member
do people really debate which ship is faster?

Yes, they do. There is a website devoted to this very question. I thought it would be the Enterprise, but I was wrong. Part of the issue is that the reference given by Hans in the movie is for distance, not speed. Several sci fi ships are compared, including the Tardis, along with a real space ship, Voyager I. However, it appears the Tardis beat them all.

Here's the URL: http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/..._millennium_falcon_which_ship_is_fastest.html

It's a fun read.

doctornick

Sarcasm, right? As a Star Wars fan well past the age of 10, I would disagree....and there are legions of us.

He didn't say that Star Wars appeals only to those under age 10. But it does have a strong presence among that age group. Really, the IP has pretty solid appeal among various age groups.

twebber55

Your post
you may want to go back and reread it...it says the Star Wars IP does a great job with the 10 and under crowd (for example the new Disney cartoon and all the toys including lego star wars)..i said nothing about any other demographic
#starwarsfanssomeitmesarealittlesensitive
I like star wars I was just saying it does a better job than say Indy with younger kids, which is what this thread is about

Lee

Adventurer
Personally I'm a far bigger Indy fan than Star Wars. If I had to choose between the two franchises for the park obviously if pick Indy...but I know many more would choose Star Wars.

I just hope if the stunt show leaves, we get a new Indy attraction elsewhere in the near future.
My sentiments, exactly.
Indy is my favorite character and favorite film series ever. But, Star Wars is clearly the right direction for expansion.
Indiana_Jones

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom