2015: The year of the EPCOT makeover?

WeLComeHomE OKW

Add two or three years to every date you have there and thats a better starting point. I'd agree most of this will happen but its will be the better part of 10 years before its all complete.

More like 15-20 years. I highly doubt that both parks are getting huge make-overs while adding Avatarland in just 10 years time.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
I think what @PeterAlt mean't is that within a year we'll some work happening at Epcot. I don't believe anything major will be done within that time. What we do know is TDO wants to fast-pace construction on the Frozen attraction so I'm guessing we'll see that done in time for the 2015 holiday season or early 2016. Besides that, I think the only rumor that holds credible substance is the Ratatouille attraction for France... Because of *cough cough* Tom Fitzgerald.
Yes. Also the attraction Jerry Reece is working on.

ryan1

They haven't added a country since Norway almost 30 years ago. What makes you think they are going to add one now? MAYBE Scotland after it becomes its own country and then it can be Brave country!

The rat isn't anywhere near as popular as Frozen so I don't see them rushing to get a ride built in France for it.

WoL has been vacant for 10 years without a whiff of sponsorship coming, I doubt anything is going to happen there until the building rots and MUST be rebuilt.

Ellen still has her daytime talk show right? She's still relevant! (sarcasm)

I can see Soarin' being updated but not quickly.

Prince-1

Oooooh, swing and a miss!!!

dfgf.jpg

jt04

I would imagine they would want to makeover DAK before they would even consider Epcot because of attendence issues. Of course our insider experts have never mentioned anything about a comprehensive DAK makeover happening in the future.

Oh, wait! :bored:

Hmmmmm. :cautious:

Sped2424

I have heard nothing of wol and tdo loves it being seasonal that isn't changing, imagination I am guessing has been put out and on the backburner and won't be happening especially if they are sucking the budget for frozen. Ratatouille has been confirmed by wdw1974 to be nothing but a fanboy fever dream If I remember. I have not seen nor heard aNYTHING about universe of energy being updated. Other than the new soarin film this list is a load of
tumblr_mrpa6txGWr1s90xgno1_500.gif

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

I really hope that this does come to fruition. At least if there are confirmed plans within the next year. It only makes sense for Epcot to amp up their game now that Frozen is coming. Frozen is but one ride. And Test Track and Soarin' cannot hold it all. And when Soarin' gets its update it'll be even worse. I think that we will hear of a new Imagination & Energy within the next two years. And as much as I'd like to see an Inside Out attraction go into Wonders of Life, I really have no idea what condition the pavilion is in. BUT the shining light throughout all of this is the fact that Tom Staggs stressed the fact that Figment isn't going anywhere. That is probably the only thing that I'll give him credit for.

Haymarket2008

And, until now, I really hadn't thought of the embarrassing fact that Universe of Energy/Ellen's Energy Adventure is nearing it's 20th year of being left there untouched. They MUST have some sort of plan. Even if it's a little one.

misterID

No to WOL.

Not anytime soon for Imagination.

They might be forced to add a Ratatoullie ride because of how lopsided the crowds are going to be in WS and that's the only reason I can see it.

There are supposedly new proposals ready for UOE. Again, not seeing any hurry from anyone on that front so place that next to Imagination.

Is rate the chances for a WoL attraction at just under 0.1%.

I'm not even sold that EPCOT will get the new Soarin film. The only saving grace there is that SDL and DCA can share costs. Otherwise I think the TDO response would be "pass."

I don't think TDO will have a choice when it comes to a new Soarin film. I don't see Staggs letting TDO be the only park not getting the new version. That looks bad on all fronts and he knows it.

wdwfan4ver

They might be forced to add a Ratatoullie ride because of how lopsided the crowds are going to be in WS and that's the only reason I can see it.
The thing is TDO and Disney would wait a long time to add a Ratatoullie ride if decide to add it.

I am saying that based on how many it is taking Disney to fix the Toy Story Midway Mania problem. We all know that Toy Midway Mania is a very popular low capacity ride that is in a theme park doesn't have lot of rides that are family friendly, but Disney didn't really do anything about it.

Last edited:

misterID

The thing is TDO and Disney would wait a long time to add a Ratatoullie ride if decide to add it.

I am saying that based on how many it is taking Disney to fix the Toy Story Midway Mania problem. We all know that Toy Midway Mania is a very popular low capacity ride that doesn't have lot of rides that are family friendly, but Disney didn't really do anything about it.
The only reason, and I mean the ONLY reason I could ever see it happening is that the clone wouldn't be as expensive as building a new ride, and it should be relatively quick (look at me, WDI being quick building something) to construct and the perfect area to build the ride in WS... I just think the Frozen ride is going to be a disaster with crowds. I'm really shocked that there isn't more concern about this because I think this could be a really, really serious problem and one they don't seem to be prepared for.

cjfpgh

The only reason, and I mean the ONLY reason I could ever see it happening is that the clone wouldn't be as expensive as building a new ride, and it should be relatively quick (look at me, WDI being quick building something) to construct and the perfect area to build the ride in WS... I just think the Frozen ride is going to be a disaster with crowds. I'm really shocked that there isn't more concern about this because I think this could be a really, really serious problem and one they don't seem to be prepared for.
Don't worry the Chilly ride will have be FastPass+ only or paper passes given out early in the day for late at no ght times ... Another great attraction bites the dust.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom