FYI - OCSO Running Radar in Parking Lots

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Yeah, being done by a German car. Which part of the commonwealth does Germany fall under?

Has Oxford moved, or is this typical colonial lack of geographical awareness?

However Im not sure where this relates to bad driving in the land of the free?

Pumbas Nakasak

The mini was driving on the wrong wide of the road, which is why is had to swerve suddenly.

Are you implying the driver thought he/she was in Britain, where they also drive on the wrong side of the road?

The mini was correct but in the face of so much wrong had to admit defeat.

ABQ

Has Oxford moved, or is this typical colonial lack of geographical awareness?

However Im not sure where this relates to bad driving in the land of the free?
No, no, I'm sure Oxford is in the UK. However, using the argument of the Mini being built in the UK is making it a UK car would be like me claiming a Honda build in Tennessee is American. That Mini is still a BMW at heart and, consequently, German.
And, that cornering you noted in the video, should not have been taking place on a straight road.
If the video showed this car, I'd certainly have not said anything.
3830464647_cae838361f.jpg

Pumbas Nakasak

And your argument would be valid if it related to my post. But I get your rapier like retort.

The Germans can build a car that corners, as most European manufacturers can, something to do with bendy roads, a problem that seems foreign to US auto manufacturing

flynnibus

Premium Member
This would seem to me to indicate that even though a private property owner may set a speed limit below 30mph (or 55mph if not considered a business or residence district), the enforcement would only apply to the state speed limit and not the limit set by the property owner.

The jist is simply that the limits should be consistent with the normal state designs.

You are reading it wrong - A maximum speed limit does not mean the speed limit must be 30 or 55, it means it can not be above those. So if the maximum in a residential district is 30.. it can be anything under 30, but not over 30.

That is why speed limits like 35,40,45,50 are all valid speed limits as long as you are not in a residential or business district.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Nothing was obvious. Pointing out how you are going to fight a speeding ticket should you get one certainly doesn't imply intent to avoid said speeding ticket.

So by buying health insurance you infer I intend on hurting myself?? Knowing how you would handle something does not mean you intend to flaunt something.

Not just hoping to avoid getting caught and thinking you have a loophole to aid you when you do.

Holding the government or its officers to the law is not a 'loophole' - it is ensuring they they do not act as if they are above it.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Flynn.... you know I like ya.

But why dont you blow past those boys doing about 80 and see how that legalese works for ya ;)

I save it for the racetrack - I can go 130+mph on that

I have rules.. and one of those is don't taunt police. I have zero empathy for those that try to taunt or ignore the police.

lazyboy97o

Flynn.... you know I like ya.

But why dont you blow past those boys doing about 80 and see how that legalese works for ya ;)

Long and the short of it, OCSO is doing this.
Just because they're doing it does not mean it is legal. All but one ticket I have received was given illegally.

Jeffxz

The jist is simply that the limits should be consistent with the normal state designs.

You are reading it wrong - A maximum speed limit does not mean the speed limit must be 30 or 55, it means it can not be above those. So if the maximum in a residential district is 30.. it can be anything under 30, but not over 30.

That is why speed limits like 35,40,45,50 are all valid speed limits as long as you are not in a residential or business district.

I wasn't reading it wrong, maybe I just didn't explain myself properly.

I was saying that the state law would require the maximum speed limit to be either 30 or 55 depending on the type of district. I think the law is clear that these limits are enforceable. All documents that I found and some that were linked in the thread earlier say that state motor vehicle laws are enforceable on private property when there is an agreement in place.

I was questioning that if Disney put up 15mph speed limit signs on their property, is the 15mph speed limit enforceable or would the police fall back to the maximum state mandated speed limit for that district.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster

I was saying that the state law would require the maximum speed limit to be either 30 or 55 depending on the type of district. I think the law is clear that these limits are enforceable. All documents that I found and some that were linked in the thread earlier say that state motor vehicle laws are enforceable on private property when there is an agreement in place.

I was questioning that if Disney put up 15mph speed limit signs on their property, is the 15mph speed limit enforceable or would the police fall back to the maximum state mandated speed limit for that district.

Well... the two gentlemen with radar, police cars and guns seemed to be enforcing the 15mph (gave me 5+). But honestly, they're looking for someone doing 35-40 and is flying along. Ticketing someone going 5 over is a waste of their time. A reckless driving ticket on the other hand, thats entirely different.

flynnibus

Premium Member

The 15 limit would be enforceable. The 30 is the MAXIMUM limit - not 'the speed limit'.

If you don't believe me.. then read the section again and notice that if 30 and 55 were the only enforcable speed limits.. why do we have 35,40,45,50 speed limits?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
The 15 limit would be enforceable. The 30 is the MAXIMUM limit - not 'the speed limit'.

If you don't believe me.. then read the section again and notice that if 30 and 55 were the only enforcable speed limits.. why do we have 35,40,45,50 speed limits?

And my point is that LE just doesnt care about these semantics.

In the end, its about public safety.

Jeffxz

I do believe you. 30 is the maximum limit written in to state law, so that would be enforceable anywhere in a residential or business district, public or private property. As I'm sure 10, 15, 20, and 25 would be enforceable in those districts if the local government set the speed limits. The question I was posing, is whether or not a speed limit lower than 30 posted by a private owner is enforceable under state law.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom