FYI - OCSO Running Radar in Parking Lots

mp2bill

Don't speed - no issues, no tickets, no argument :rolleyes:
True dat! Last year I got nabbed right after jumping on World Drive from Epcot Center Drive. The officer was nice enough to bump the stated speed on the ticket from 79 to 70 which saved me a bundle since speeding fines are tiered at every 10 MPH (I think that's what it is). My only beef, however is the actual speed limit itself. Everywhere from North Carolina on down to Florida is 70 MPH on Rt 95. Then it drops to 55 inside WDW. When driving hundreds of miles at 70-80 MPH, it's very easy to just assume that the speed limit has stayed the same. That's my fault for not be observant though... :facepalm:

Daniel Johnson

True dat! Last year I got nabbed right after jumping on World Drive from Epcot Center Drive. The officer was nice enough to bump the stated speed on the ticket from 79 to 70 which saved me a bundle since speeding fines are tiered at every 10 MPH (I think that's what it is). My only beef, however is the actual speed limit itself. Everywhere from North Carolina on down to Florida is 70 MPH on Rt 95. Then it drops to 55 inside WDW. When driving hundreds of miles at 70-80 MPH, it's very easy to just assume that the speed limit has stayed the same. That's my fault for not be observant though... :facepalm:
Florida rakes folks over the coals when it comes to speeding tickets. I got pulled over in Panama City a couple years ago. 50 in a 35. It ended up being 175 for the actual ticket and 5 dollars for every mile over 35....$250 bucks. I DONT speed in Florida.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

That's why they post speed limit signs when you turn on to World or Western Way.....

LAKid53

Premium Member
Florida rakes folks over the coals when it comes to speeding tickets. I got pulled over in Panama City a couple years ago. 50 in a 35. It ended up being 175 for the actual ticket and 5 dollars for every mile over 35....$250 bucks. I DONT speed in Florida.

You were going 50 in a 35 mph zone and you are complaining about the cost of the speeding ticket? A 35 mph zone usually denotes a heavily trafficked commercial road, like a downtown road. Personally, I think you got off cheap, especially in Panama City with all the pedestrian traffic near the beach. Drivers like you are why the road to my house has speed bumps every 50 feet.....

Daniel Johnson

You were going 50 in a 35 mph zone and you are complaining about the cost of the speeding ticket? A 35 mph zone usually denotes a heavily trafficked commercial road, like a downtown road. Personally, I think you got off cheap, especially in Panama City with all the pedestrian traffic near the beach. Drivers like you are why the road to my house has speed bumps every 50 feet.....

I'm not complaining. Not at all. And, This was coming off back beach onto Thomas. The officer told me they look for people coming off of 30A... I knew I was speeding, I won't put it on anyone else. There was NO pedestrians present, and it was in January. I will say in Georgia, I've never heard of tacking on a fine for every mile over the limit, but, I paid the ticket and don't speed anymore.Beleve it or not, people DO make mistakes.

I go a little slower than I used to though.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm not complaining. Not at all. And, This was coming off back beach onto Thomas. The officer told me they look for people coming off of 30A... I knew I was speeding, I won't put it on anyone else. There was NO pedestrians present, and it was in January. I will say in Georgia, I've never heard of tacking on a fine for every mile over the limit, but, I paid the ticket and don't speed anymore.Beleve it or not, people DO make mistakes.

I go a little slower than I used to though.

Other than people driving down I-75 or I-95 to Florida, I'm not sure how much tourist traffic y'all get up in Georgia - we get a lot in North Florida now that Panacea to Destin is pretty developed. The additional $$$ for going over the speed limit is due to the number of speeders. And after the tragic deaths of several law enforcement officers killed while helping stranded motorists or working an accident, you now see signs posted requiring you to move over if law enforcement has stopped someone. Like others have said, you won't get a speeding ticket if you don't exceed the posted speed limit....

My only driving in Georgia has been from the Atlanta airport to my home in NW Florida and I cut off onto 319 just south of Tifton. And make dang sure I'm not exceeded the posted speed limit on that part of my trip, even though I'm driving through mainly rural areas - saw my first cotton fields....

Daniel Johnson

Other than people driving down I-75 or I-95 to Florida, I'm not sure how much tourist traffic y'all get up in Georgia - we get a lot in North Florida now that Panacea to Destin is pretty developed. The additional $$$ for going over the speed limit is due to the number of speeders. And after the tragic deaths of several law enforcement officers killed while helping stranded motorists or working an accident, you now see signs posted requiring you to move over if law enforcement has stopped someone. Like others have said, you won't get a speeding ticket if you don't exceed the posted speed limit....

My only driving in Georgia has been from the Atlanta airport to my home in NW Florida and I cut off onto 319 just south of Tifton. And make dang sure I'm not exceeded the posted speed limit on that part of my trip, even though I'm driving through mainly rural areas - saw my first cotton fields....

Ha. You drove 20 minutes from my house! We have a couple cotton and peanut fields, huh?

I understand the reason behind the extra penalties on speeding, we have the move over law in Georgia as well...and super speeder tickets. I truly made a mistake...and your right, If you don't want to get a ticket, don't speed!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Ha. You drove 20 minutes from my house! We have a couple cotton and peanut fields, huh?

I understand the reason behind the extra penalties on speeding, we have the move over law in Georgia as well...and super speeder tickets. I truly made a mistake...and your right, If you don't want to get a ticket, don't speed!

The first time I saw a cotton field after harvesting, it looked like it snowed to me. Didn't realize how pretty the cotton is. Yeah, I love that drive on 319 - well until I hit the business portion near Thomasville - that is sure some beautiful land. Another reason to drive the speed limit, so I can enjoy the scenery.... Which is why I drive 27 to Ocala instead of taking 1-10 to I-75. The portion that goes through Marion County is worth the extra 45 minutes that route adds to my drive. God, I love those rolling green hills in Southern Georgia and North Florida....

NearTheEars

Just in case anyone was doubting this: On my way into the TTC a few minutes ago, the driver in front of me was pulled over after we rounded the curve near the speedway.

I again was attempting to do the speed limit, but it's nearly impossible. I'll get run over. People were flying around my car on both sides.

Including the fellow that was stopped.

wogwog

Any cash left behind by vacationers helps us Florida residents not pay income tax. Have not read the whole thread so if the following is a repeat, sorry, also be warned you will also be tagged on property for a violation of handicap parking including resorts and cast lots according to a cast member who got cited using a handicap card issued to a relative.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Just in case anyone was doubting this: On my way into the TTC a few minutes ago, the driver in front of me was pulled over after we rounded the curve near the speedway.

I again was attempting to do the speed limit, but it's nearly impossible. I'll get run over. People were flying around my car on both sides.

Including the fellow that was stopped.

Guess they aren't paying attention to the online warnings....

Lance

After catching up on this thread, I'm re-thinking my "premium" rental car for next week.... ugh.... maybe I should super down grade to an Elantra!

mp2bill

Makes sense... I would assume a large number of people stopped for speeding in FL are from out of state and thus, won't argue the ticket.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Makes sense... I would assume a large number of people stopped for speeding in FL are from out of state and thus, won't argue the ticket.

Well, when a major source of state revenue is from tourism......

Daniel Johnson

We drove to downtown disney today. Saw no police cars on Buena Vista Drive or World Drive on the drive going (around 3pm) or leaving (around 10pm)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom