I AM GLADLY EATING CROW!

Uncle Lupe

We had no problem using paper FP's that were way past time, with the new system in place that will be a lost art.

Having extra FP's with a Park Hopper is only logical.

Disneyfamily4

Original Poster
It could be a glitch.

It could be a loophole that Disney has decided not to close just yet.

It could be lots of things.

The fact that you had to complain and request a refund to find out about it indicates that it is not official policy.

I'm glad you're enjoying PHing with double the FPs of everyone else. But your experience is hardly an indication of how FP works for the majority of guests. And you should be aware that Disney could change it at any time. Until this becomes official, you shouldn't base your opinion of FP on it.

Glad you're having a good time though.
If a worker from Disney world tells you, and then shows you, how to select fast passes after you park hop, then it is not a glitch and not a loophole. It is policy. Whether it is a short term or soon to be long term policy, we do not know yet, but again, no glitch, no loophole.

lebeau

If a worker from Disney world tells you, and then shows you, how to select fast passes after you park hop, then it is not a glitch and not a loophole. It is policy. Whether it is a short term or soon to be long term policy, we do not know yet, but again, no glitch, no loophole.

Um, no. A policy would be posted somewhere.

What you experienced was a cast member sharing a loophole to calm a dissatisfied customer. This is far from a policy. Short term or otherwise.

Castmembers don't make policy. Just because a castmember told you something doesn't make it official. Castmembers have told me a lot of things over the years which were never Disney policy. Castmembers have told people to pool hop. Or to refill mugs. Or use FPs after the expiration date. I have personally been told the last two by castmembers on multiple occasions. That doesn't make it Disney policy.

Again, glad it worked out for you. Don't read too much into it. At present, your experience is not indicative of how FP works. It's an anomaly for now. No one should point to this as verification that FP+ is a good product because for the time being, it's not the product.

lebeau

I wanted to get the official word on the FP+/PH exploit. So I called the official customer service line and asked if this was possible. The cast member I spoke to said it does not work that way. He then read me the official line which is posted on all official policy documents regarding FP+. 3 selections per day all in the same park, yadda, yadda, yadda.

For the time being, this is definitely a loophole. I don't blame you for exploiting it. I will too if it's still working when I go. But don't mistake it for official policy. This is not how FP+ works. For now anyway.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
What do you mean, abusers? If you're talking about people who lied to get GACs, that topic has been done to death. If you mean people who merely used the old FP system to get more than 3 FP per day, or park-hopped, or FP'd the same attraction more than once, I'm afraid you don't understand that such activities were totally within the rules of the old system, and were in fact advertised by WDW as part of its merit. Why the vitriol against those who made effective (and legal) use of the old system?

Please don't feed the trolls.

PolynesianPrincess

The only people about FP+ are the ones who became experts at utilizing the FP- system (or shall I say abusing it). FP+ will be just fine for the typical visitor and Disney knows this. If you abusers don't like FP+, then this is Disney's way of telling you to stop visiting their parks because you do not contribute to the bottom-line any way. Good riddance!

My family was ALWAYS able to get upwards of 6-8 FP per day and we didn't "abuse" the system. We simply knew how to get the most FPs in our day. Seasoned WDW visitors were pretty well familiar with the FP system. Did we come back later than the time posted on our FPs a few times? Absolutely. Did we make a habit of it? No, we didn't. I don't like the 3 FP per day rule and I don't like the tiers. If this is me "bi*ching" about the new system, then so be it. I'll b*tch away! And yes, I am speaking from experience. I've been to WDW twice now since the 3 FP per person rule. It's limiting and I just don't like it. That's MY opinion and you have no right to tell me I should feel otherwise! :)

orky8

The only people about FP+ are the ones who became experts at utilizing the FP- system (or shall I say abusing it). FP+ will be just fine for the typical visitor and Disney knows this. If you abusers don't like FP+, then this is Disney's way of telling you to stop visiting their parks because you do not contribute to the bottom-line any way. Good riddance!

So not even close to the truth. But ok.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I wanted to get the official word on the FP+/PH exploit. So I called the official customer service line and asked if this was possible. The cast member I spoke to said it does not work that way. He then read me the official line which is posted on all official policy documents regarding FP+. 3 selections per day all in the same park, yadda, yadda, yadda.

sounds like testing to me. I've never subscribed to the spiel that Disney is trying to kill park hopping. Trying to encourage you to spend more time in each park... certainly... kill park hopping? That would be stupid.

As you said... the systems have been very dynamic, and things have been tested in small scale before. If anything I take this as simply 'the system is not yet complete...' which we know it won't be done and stable (as in.. no more significant changes) for some time yet.

Disneyfamily4

Original Poster
Um, no. A policy would be posted somewhere.

What you experienced was a cast member sharing a loophole to calm a dissatisfied customer. This is far from a policy. Short term or otherwise.

Castmembers don't make policy. Just because a castmember told you something doesn't make it official. Castmembers have told me a lot of things over the years which were never Disney policy. Castmembers have told people to pool hop. Or to refill mugs. Or use FPs after the expiration date. I have personally been told the last two by castmembers on multiple occasions. That doesn't make it Disney policy.

Again, glad it worked out for you. Don't read too much into it. At present, your experience is not indicative of how FP works. It's an anomaly for now. No one should point to this as verification that FP+ is a good product because for the time being, it's not the product.

Um yes.

As I said, it is not a glitch or loophole. A soon to be permanent policy that I was given access to before it comes out to the public announcement. http://www./headlines/magicbands-ro...astpass-park-hopping-and-more-passes-per-day/

lebeau

Um yes.

As I said, it is not a glitch or loophole. A soon to be permanent policy that I was given access to before it comes out to the public announcement. http://www./headlines/magicbands-ro...astpass-park-hopping-and-more-passes-per-day/

That's a test, friend. Disney is working on a new policy that will be announced at some point in the future. Let's see how that turns out.

DisneyCane

That's a test, friend. Disney is working on a new policy that will be announced at some point in the future. Let's see how that turns out.

Please please please let us be able to use the app for these features when they are added and not need the stupid kiosks. I really don't want to have to stand in line to get fastpasses again like before they enabled the advanced booking/app access for APs.

lebeau

Please please please let us be able to use the app for these features when they are added and not need the stupid kiosks. I really don't want to have to stand in line to get fastpasses again like before they enabled the advanced booking/app access for APs.

I imagine that will be the case at some point.

Next Big Thing

In the New York Times article that published yesterday, it talked about exactly this...

"For instance, Disney will soon allow visitors additional quick reservation access on the day of their visit. It is also working on an upgrade that will give guests more flexibility — using the line-skipping feature across multiple parks in a single day, for example, and making it easier for groups of people to use the system."

Fun times

I think a lot of plans are being rewritten. I believe the pest plan now is to get to park at open, fastpasses late morning early afternoon, then grab as many additional fastpasses as you can. I think this is the way to go park hopping or not .

cw1982

I think a lot of plans are being rewritten. I believe the pest plan now is to get to park at open, fastpasses late morning early afternoon, then grab as many additional fastpasses as you can. I think this is the way to go park hopping or not .

Sure, that's the best way... assuming that the new rules are in place by the time of one's trip. That's pretty much in line with my plans anyway, just based on the times we were planning to hit the parks, but still. I wouldn't change anything just for these rules until we get more thorough information.

lebeau

Sure, that's the best way... assuming that the new rules are in place by the time of one's trip. That's pretty much in line with my plans anyway, just based on the times we were planning to hit the parks, but still. I wouldn't change anything just for these rules until we get more thorough information.

Exactly. Bieng in limbo like this makes planning really difficult Do I move my FP+ selections up to maximize the number of FPs I can get? If I do and the new rules aren't in effect yet, I will have a lot of morning FPs which are less valuable than FPs later in th day when the parks are busier.

So many unknowns this trip!

Disneyfamily4

Original Poster
If you are staying in the resort, I am positive you will be able to do what I have done. Disney rolled this option out to be used, before it was officially announced.

As said in the beginning, when I asked the cast member why this is not announced, she said soon it will be. 10 days later, its announced. She was already trained to show guest how to use and navigate through The Disney Experience Ap.

LostPrincessKarleigh

Exactly. Bieng in limbo like this makes planning really difficult Do I move my FP+ selections up to maximize the number of FPs I can get? If I do and the new rules aren't in effect yet, I will have a lot of morning FPs which are less valuable than FPs later in th day when the parks are busier.

So many unknowns this trip!
For real! I have already picked my FP+ and they are all for later in the evening. Our plans were to go for rope drop everyday, ride what we really want to, take an afternoon break, park hop and enjoy our evening FP+. Some days we will be able to book after 7pm or so but this....ARGH! I love that they are updating things and making them better for everyone but it is making things hard for me personally. :p:arghh:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom