The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

PeterAlt

Yep. It reminds me of a cat. You're eating something, say... wonton soup. The cat wants some. You buckle and give a wonton and some broth to the cat. The cat sniffs it, walks away. Now there's a wonton and broth left sitting on the floor, untouched. Awkward.

I'm happy to see them finally doing something with the Muppets- I really wish they were incorporated better in the parks, though.

And a totally selfish comment- but I'd love. LOVE to see The Fraggles brought back to life (not cartoonized- leave them as is, just revamp!) and given a ride. Imagine a dark ride through a giant Goober construct! Or a slide down the waterfall with Red. Or just riding by as they rock out a song. Or the Pipe Bangers, jamming a tune.

(someone please bring me back to reality.)
Okay!

NormC

And a totally selfish comment- but I'd love. LOVE to see The Fraggles brought back to life (not cartoonized- leave them as is, just revamp!) and given a ride. Imagine a dark ride through a giant Goober construct! Or a slide down the waterfall with Red. Or just riding by as they rock out a song. Or the Pipe Bangers, jamming a tune.

With an interactive queue where you talk with Marjorie the trash heap.

lebeau

Those characters is what I miss most about the old King's Island days. The Enchanted Voyage was a classic dark ride through what was basically a Saturday morning Cartoon Television. Good times.

A young lebeau and his bro catch a ride with Fred Flintstone appropriately attired for the 70s.

Fred762.jpg

Flume84.jpg

A larger lebeau clan riding the log flume in the 80s. Check out the baby (my youngest brother) riding in the front seat. Can't do that today!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yep. It reminds me of a cat. You're eating something, say... wonton soup. The cat wants some. You buckle and give a wonton and some broth to the cat. The cat sniffs it, walks away. Now there's a wonton and broth left sitting on the floor, untouched. Awkward.

I'm happy to see them finally doing something with the Muppets- I really wish they were incorporated better in the parks, though.

Yes Disney is like a Cat it wants all the food it sees but it never eats most of it after the first sniff, (enslaved by siamese cats most of life...)

71jason

Just love everything UNI is doing ... although have heard very mixed things about that new Meixcan restaurant that replaced Latin Quarter. So, maybe everything isn't perfect at UNI after all!

Really? I thought the food was excellent--albeit portions more in line with a tapas restaurant than your typical Tex-Mex chain--and drinks better and cheaper than La Cava (which has resorted to pre-mixing its margaritas). Place has been jammed last two Mardi Gras nights, which may be part of the issue--a victim of its own success.

Goofyernmost

Agree unfortunately the Lifestylers and fanboi's enable this by the constant drumbeat of "WDW has never been better" yes it WAS better AND made more money when Walt's ideas were the guiding principles of operation.

Which is why I despise those who say "It's a business there to make money", Under prior management P&R and TWDC as a whole gave investors a far better ROI than the crowd running the place today.
Percentage wise, I agree that it made more money, but actual dollars? No, and that is what stockholders are looking at. I'd rather have 10% of a Billion Dollars then 15% of a Million. Wouldn't you?

I see two different drumbeats. One from the fanbois perspective and one from the "way it used to be" perspective. If we all stopped looking at individual attractions and looked at the bigger picture, we would see that they have more to offer overall then every before and although the detail has been "valued" it is still a pretty nice place. Todays generation of park visitors are motivated to move as quickly as possible from spot to spot. FP started that garbage and we are looking at the end result now.

lebeau

Percentage wise, I agree that it made more money, but actual dollars? No, and that is what stockholders are looking at. I'd rather have 10% of a Billion Dollars then 15% of a Million. Wouldn't you?

I see two different drumbeats. One from the fanbois perspective and one from the "way it used to be" perspective. If we all stopped looking at individual attractions and looked at the bigger picture, we would see that they have more to offer overall then every before and although the detail has been "valued" it is still a pretty nice place. Todays generation of park visitors are motivated to move as quickly as possible from spot to spot. FP started that garbage and we are looking at the end result now.

Disney World: It's a Pretty Nice Place

That slogan should sell a lot of over-priced vacations.

HenryMystic

Really? I thought the food was excellent--albeit portions more in line with a tapas restaurant than your typical Tex-Mex chain--and drinks better and cheaper than La Cava (which has resorted to pre-mixing its margaritas). Place has been jammed last two Mardi Gras nights, which may be part of the issue--a victim of its own success.
I guess a trillion positive reviews and 1 negative review by the Amity Corless family = Mixed.

The place is a home run by all accounts.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Question: why is Disney releasing SW under the WDP logo, not Touch Stone? I thought WDP was mainly used for G rated productions....

Are they? I thought Disney was going to release Star Wars under LucasFilm the same way the Marvel films are released under Marvel banner.

71jason

I hate to say it, but they would make a killing if they bought out Hasbro. Between the board games (eh, eh. But think of the possibilities!) and GI Joe... but my first thought was your avatar- My Little Pony. With how popular those characters are right now, just 'owning' Hasbro would bring in millions of dollars from that franchise alone.

You make a good point. Whatever happened to that blatant MLP rip-off themed around the princesses? Was it DOA? Coming this year? Shelved until any possible Hasbro deal is worked out?

Goofyernmost

Disney World: It's a Pretty Nice Place

That slogan should sell a lot of over-priced vacations.
It wasn't meant as a marketing phrase just an emotional statement. You need the tone of voice to define it. If said properly, then yes it would sell a lot of over-priced vacations. Since we are picking out words, nothing is over-priced until people stop paying it. Until then it is high priced, nothing more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom