'Disney Springs' - Downtown Disney expansion officially announced

DisneyGuyNYC

So you admit to carrying a pocketbook?
I only wish I had more opportunities to enjoy drag.

drag%20queens.jpg

ctxak98

I don't want to get too much into this but here's my take on this.

My whole family and I love downtown disney, and we usually visit the outlet mall when were down there atleast once. Our main priority is disney, but we do do other things like the outlet and universal. Knowing downtown disney will have more stores and stuff to do can only be a good thing. Maybe you won't have enough time to hit everything in one trip! And that's ok becauuse it makes for a new experience the next time. I like the idea and I can agree though it does need a night club with some class to it

What about all the people who go to disney without children or are on their honeymoon! I mean the cruises and some resorts have adult restricted areas and spas, why can't there be just one or two adult only places there? I can see one more young night club and one more of an old fashioned bar and dance club themed to the 40's with big band music. Idk. The themes are endless. But I think Disney should take hold of this because it will bring in more people!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
So you admit to carrying a pocketbook?

I'm one of those guys that consumes 3000 calories per day and doesn't gain weight. One of the biggest disadvantages of this is that my posterior maximus doesn't have a lot of padding. I found no pocket on jeans and corduroys to be comfortable for a wallet. Thus, I carried one of these around for 4 or 5 years in central Indiana no less -

go-travel-body-safe.jpg

However, I eventually tired of the strap occasionally catching on things and am now back to carrying the wallet in jacket pockets or front pockets when the weather is warmer. Sorry for tangential digression. Please return to arguing about the mall expansion.

captainbuzzy

So 2016 means that it would be 8 years since the closure of the Pleasure Island night clubs. 8 years to redevelop a shopping area. 8 years.

I just can't get over that.

8 years may seem like a long time but don't forget during that time the bottom dropped out of the economy and the retail industry took a major hit. Retailers were looking to just keep the doors open on the stores they had and growth was difficult to come by. In hindsight they probably did not know the depth of the problem or they probably would have not closed PI down to sit for so long.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I'm one of those guys that consumes 3000 calories per day and doesn't gain weight. One of the biggest disadvantages of this is that my posterior maximus doesn't have a lot of padding. I found no pocket on jeans and corduroys to be comfortable for a wallet. Thus, I carried one of these around for 4 or 5 years in central Indiana no less -

go-travel-body-safe.jpg

However, I eventually tired of the strap occasionally catching on things and am now back to carrying the wallet in jacket pockets or front pockets when the weather is warmer. Sorry for tangential digression. Please return to arguing about the mall expansion.

I like that your main reason for switching back to a wallet was that "the strap occasionally catching on things". For some reason that cracked me up.

shannon12

From the top of my head based on the brands in the other thread, we already have 319 Topshops, plenty of Apple stores, and SuperDry is a UK brand as well!
Yes, but there are all of FOUR TopShops in the US, so that is fairly unique for most US visitors

WDWFigment

go-travel-body-safe.jpg

My wife bought me one of those to wear in Europe because Rick Steves convinced her that I'd be pickpocketed by roving bands of marauders if I didn't. When I saw the thing, I told her I'd rather be pickpocketed and refused to wear it.

As someone who lives in central Indiana, I can't imagine wearing it here. That would definitely destroy your street cred. You've got some cojones.

SirLink

Not really. The most you can do is vote with your pocketbook and not give them money for a product you don't agree with.

Actually that won't work when there are rubes who will confess it is "brilliant, MAGICal place" best thing is to keep shouting and email the execs as well ...

DisneyGuyNYC

My wife bought me one of those to wear in Europe because Rick Steves convinced her that I'd be pickpocketed by roving bands of marauders if I didn't. When I saw the thing, I told her I'd rather be pickpocketed and refused to wear it.

As someone who lives in central Indiana, I can't imagine wearing it here. That would definitely destroy your street cred. You've got some cojones.
If you don't have some kind of bag in New York you're missing part of your outfit.

PeterAlt

To be fair, AoA didn't truly take 10. Yes it sat empty for years after 9/11, however once AoA was officially announced, it took about 2 years. Still fairly long for a hotel, but in no way did it take 10 years.
To be fair... Yeah, I considered mentioning that when I wrote it but it didn't fit in, so I left it out. Any way, why do we need to be fair? Having a construction site just sit there for all that time is really inexcusable. Bottom line is that it took them all that time to decide how to proceed with the project. The time they spent making that decision is part of the planning that goes into a project. So the down-time really still is part of the total amount of time it took to develop and complete it. The fact that it took so much time to make decisions and ultimately delay completion of this project, I think is a pattern shown throughout the time period of the projects I listed. Indecisiveness is key to the skillset this management team has been lacking. Tom Staggs, I think, is reversing this now. So, this might have been an early learning curve for them, but it took way too long for them to grow past it (if they even have). Time will tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom