Hey Tough Guy. Yeah, I'm Talkin' to You

fractal

The Little Mermaid and Alladin scene in Mickey Philharmagic always puts a lump in my throat.

I won't admit to anything more than that.

Donfan

There are several things that make me stop and think throughout all the parks. But the one that really gets to me is the "Two Brothers" sequence in the American Adventure in EPCOT. And I am often surprised at how many non-Americans are in there. It can't mean much to them, but they still seem to show up. I suppose it is because anything Disney does must be considered good by them, even if they don't really understand it very much.

The Empress Lilly

I am often surprised at how many non-Americans are in there. It can't mean much to them, but they still seem to show up. I suppose it is because anything Disney does must be considered good by them, even if they don't really understand it very much.
:confused:

Americans watch movies about Canada and France and do rides through Mexican and Norwegian history, no?

Toveck

I tend to tear up when I get the first look at the castle on each trip. The beginning of Wishes gets me and recently I had to almost buy stock in Kleenex.

My 13 year old daughter got to march with our high school marching band down Main Street a month ago. I was not too bad during their parade, but the kids were all taking pictures and dancing by the castle. That parade song came on with the lyrics "it's the time of your life" and I lost it! It took me a good 5 minutes to settle down.

Just the experience of seeing my little girl performing there was almost too much, and the whole year of planning and fundraising just hit me. It was all sooooo worth it.

WorldKey

Most of "American Adventure" gets to me. The entire Civil War sequence in particular. Two brothers, on their way...

Definitely 'The American Adventure'.....this Civil War scene and also the ending when they play 'Golden Dream'.......open the floodgates

PolynesianPrincess

Oh there are many for me!!

Wishes, Illuminations and Fantasmic ALWAYS get the waterworks flowing
The Golden Dream sequence in American Adventure
When you fly over Disneyland in Soarin
The movie in One Mans Dream
Festival of the Lion King when they sing Circle of Life (I can't see the part of the movie where they play COL or even just hear the song without tearing up)
Taking the monorail that last time and hearing "If this concludes your visit to the Walt Disney World Resort, we hope you had a wonderful time and will return home safely" :cry:

Is it sad I'm tearing up writing this, thinking about how I'm going to see it all in 10 days? lol

dreamscometrue

Original Poster
There are several things that make me stop and think throughout all the parks. But the one that really gets to me is the "Two Brothers" sequence in the American Adventure in EPCOT.

I am Canadian, and that scene always gets me too. I love The American Adventure attraction. I do know quite a bit about American history, but even if I didn't, I still think I'd love the show, and understand that scene...it is moving.

Walt Disney1955

Tough guy? I have my moments thats for sure. Okay, I'll start by saying that I never cry in public or private. I don't know why I don't do it in private even. My wife has seen me cry once, on our wedding day 4 years ago. I didn't even cry when our son was born a year ago. Call it the stubborn male in me but its how I am, I never saw my dad cry until I was 15 years old at my grandmother's funeral. So I never cry but part of me envys the men who have no qualms about it.

However, I am a very sentimental man and can certainly be touched by many things in life and if I get a lump in my throat at the end of every viewing of "Its a Wonderful Life" at Christmas then I do at Disney as well. Some moments that make me melt:

- Pretty much the whole ride of Small World. I love the song and I'll watch videos of it just to hear the music again. It is so special to me in part because it was the first ride I ever rode in 1991. When I'm 70 years old I will always remember my mom insisting that we ride it first thing in the morning because she had heard it was good
- Wishes, some of those moments paralyze me
- Spectromagic, if there was a ride that rolled everything good about Disney into one package this is it, they even have the crows from Dumbo on the last float
- Country Bear Jamboree. I always defend this attraction. An oldie but a goodie. My dad loved it when he first went in 1973 and he was an adult. Apparently so did my grandparents. In a way it kind of ties me together with my grandfather, who I never knew.
- Leaving on the ferry at night. I always wait long after the park closes to finally leave, so usually the ferry is not even close to being full. No matter which time I've been there I am always genuinely sad at the end of the night looking back at the Castle. I like to soak in the trip back to the port as much as possible but looking back at the Castle lit up just makes me wish everyone could experience this place - just once.
- The sign on the way out "See You Real Soon". I miss the place already.

Stellajack

Premium Member
The "American Adventure" always makes me cry. When the music swells at the end of the presentation, it seems as if my heart is going to burst with emotion.:cry:

pintraderpayee

American Adventure "Two Brothers" "Golden Dream" and the scene where they show the astronauts from the 80s and the 9-11 scene

Listening to Voices of Liberty sing any patriotic song

Flag Retreat at MK

DDEPILLO

Let's see....I,m 38 my bench press is over 300 lbs and I,m a combat veteran but I do not think I,m tough because I watched my wife give birth to our w
Twin girls, one the tradition way and the other by C section. That's tough.....but yes when you here the little girl say, And all your wishes, gets me every time :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom