Hey Tough Guy. Yeah, I'm Talkin' to You

HouCuseChickie

Wishes gets me every time (2 spots in particular), but there are 3 other WDW moments that usually choke me up.

1. Towards the end of the Magic, Memories and You...when they show Walt on the Castle. Yeah- the tears are flowing by the time he says the word "Welcome."

2. I tend to tear up on Peter Pan as you fly over London.

3. The beginning of MSEP - that moment when the synth voice ends, the lights go out, and Baroque Hoedown starts. I know the Spectro fans probably don't get this, but MSEP was the night parade when I was a kid and going to WDW w/my family so naturally even the new version is special.

I blame the kids for all of this. I was never this prone to tears until I had kids. :lol:

MagicKat103

When we walk into the magic kingdom, and I see the expression on my two daughters faces. Makes me break down every time.
And illuminations. every. single. time.

Skibum1970

No tears but I always hate when I am wheeling the luggage out of my room. During the trips wherein we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and the Wilderness Lodge, I had a heavy heart upon closing the door of the room as I began the walk towards the Magical Express stop that would take me back to the airport.

By the way, after watching the DME videos of going to and from WDW on youtube, I find myself wanting to go back even more. Last trip was March 2011 and next trip is this November. I'm on the fence between DL and WDW and the Magical Express doesn't exist in California (nor the forests that surrounds WDW).

As a last comment, what is it about the narrator's voice on the Express that is so comforting and welcoming? A certain timbre, pitch, or tone just makes it seem so inviting.

dreamscometrue

Original Poster
Well,it's simple,it's the female side of you coming out,every guys got one,as do gals have a male side.So I was told by my thearapist:ROFLOL:And as far as getting teary eyed,I don't wanna go there.Way too many.P.S.there's only one drummer from Canada and he's known as the Professor.:wave:

Female side, eh? Perhaps. It's also definitely something to do with age as well in my case. The older I get, the more sentimental I get.

Ah yes...Neil Peart. He is my fav drummer alive (Buddy Rich is, imho, the greatest ever, and John Bonham is the greatest rock drummer no longer alive.) I love seeing The Jammitors on every trip (but I don't cry during their shows. :))

real mad hatter

Old Age Doesnt Come Easy!

Female side, eh? Perhaps. It's also definitely something to do with age as well in my case. The older I get, the more sentimental I get.

Ah yes...Neil Peart. He is my fav drummer alive (Buddy Rich is, imho, the greatest ever, and John Bonham is the greatest rock drummer no longer alive.) I love seeing The Jammitors on every trip (but I don't cry during their shows. :))

Yeh,You got me thinking.When my dad was in his seventies,he used to cry at reruns of The Waltons,:eek:My future awaits me.Eh Mr Peart,well I still treasure my cassette tape of the interview I did with the band in 1977 in Glasgows Apollo dressing room and the photo hangs proud in my music room,he's the same age as me.Roll the Bones indeed.:wave:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Wishes gets me every time (2 spots in particular), but there are 3 other WDW moments that usually choke me up.

1. Towards the end of the Magic, Memories and You...when they show Walt on the Castle. Yeah- the tears are flowing by the time he says the word "Welcome."

2. I tend to tear up on Peter Pan as you fly over London.

3. The beginning of MSEP - that moment when the synth voice ends, the lights go out, and Baroque Hoedown starts. I know the Spectro fans probably don't get this, but MSEP was the night parade when I was a kid and going to WDW w/my family so naturally even the new version is special.

I blame the kids for all of this. I was never this prone to tears until I had kids. :lol:

You & I are 2 peas in a pod. I will always love MSEP

Litllaur0122

I can't say i have times when I consistently cry or get teary eyed
but on our last trip a few weeks ago it was my first time back in like 11 years and my first with my husband

I almost got teary eyed at the opening events at epcot

and on our last day leaving MK right before MSEP i was so sad to go. i love MSEP it was around when I was a kid too and I was so excited to see it back. I texted pictures to my dad he was the first one who took me and I think it made him a little teary eyed also

copcarguyp71

I have had floating dislocations of my knee, been stitched up without pain meds (since nothing but novacaine was available and I am allergic) had my father walk out and leave me with a bill for my education I could not pay....well let's just say plenty of reasons to shed a tear over the years but my times at Disney when I look over at my nine year old and watch her caught in the moment of things like Wishes or reflections or flights of wonder or any other experience where she had thoughts of amazement and wonder going through her head without a worry in the world and the future laid out before her as a total clean slate...well that does it to me. Realizing that I need to take a mental snap shot to hold onto forever because these days won't last forever choke me up every time.

...OK tough guy force field reactivated!!!!:lookaroun

Ginzuishou

I teared up while waiting in line for Alien Encounters. I was so excited to be there and I remembered the ride from a few years ago.

6laurac

Getting off the monorail and seeing the grand entrance to MK coming up for the first time after a long time away and then hearing that wonderful entrance music to the greatest park on earth gets me misty.

Then at the end of a great trip looking back through the parking lot (we drive down) and seeing the Disney resort one last time for this trip also gets me right in the gut.

MaryJaneP

I cry at the nightime parades. If it is Spectro, because it is my family's favorite. I cry every time I'm stuck behind a rope and MSEP starts, forcing me to suffer through the interminable baroque hoedown. That is also a good time to catch a ride if we plan things right.

kbmum

I cry on the first day of each trip when we walk up Main Street and I catch sight of the castle. I'm tearing up right now just thinking of it!

durangojim

My wife and I both tear up when we hear Poseidon's processional at the beginning of the electrical water pageant. It's because the very first time she was at WDW was when I took her back in 1996 on our first trip together as boyfriend/girlfriend. I pulled out all the stops and we stayed at the GF with a castle view room. While she was on the phone the water pageant started and she could see and hear it from the balcony. The look on her face was priceless and could definitely be described as one of the most magical experiences of our lives.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom