Hey Tough Guy. Yeah, I'm Talkin' to You

dreamscometrue

Original Poster
So, I'm a pretty tough guy. I could spend a lot of text here proving that to you, but a couple of facts will suffice. First of all, I'm the drummmer in a band and we all know that drummers are the most rugged band members. Secondly, I've coached football for 18 years, and I coach the O-line, not the little quarterbacks, DBs, etc. Okay, 'nough said...tough guy = me.

So, why is it that I tear up every friggin' time at the end of 'Beauty and the Beast', often while watching 'Wishes', and sometimes even at the end of 'Voyage of the Little Mermaid'? :) Is it because my daughter used to sing songs from those 2 movies as a little kid, and even though she's in her 20's now, it still reminds me of those years long since gone? Why at 'Wishes'? I don't know why, but it happens practically every time.

So tough guys (and gals), is there anything that happens on property that causes you to become a little teary eyed (besides of course Aloha Isle being out of Dole Whip float ingredients)? :wave:

WED Purist

My wife still cries when she enters Main St., after hundreds of times. I get misty during the American Adventure, and Illuminations. I still get that sense of the future holding something better when I ride Living with the Land and Carousel of Progress. Don't get me started on the movies...

the-reason14

Not really park related, but the ending of Toy Story 3 got me good! I was trying my best not to tear up because I was in a theater packed with people and close friends and my big bro. Once I got it home on dvd, I was bawling my eyes out like really crying. I can't take it. :cry::cry::cry:

bethymouse

What makes me cry tears of happiness!

Definitely Illuminations! The music is phenomenal!
Wishes! Again- the music and the message behind it!
Seeing kids faces light up when they see their favorite characters and how they take so much time w/ them to give them a magical experience (Snow White and Mary Poppins especially).:animwink:
Seeing the Castle and the Castle show.
Singing along w/ the Main Street show and riding a Main Street Vehicle.
It's a Small World & Pirates (the cannon scene) (nostalgic for me).IASW was my favorite when I was little and I was scared to death in Pirates!:)
The Festival of the Lion King "Can you Feel the Love Tonight?"
BATB (songs) Nemo (songs) Seeing the Tree of Life!:)
Fantasmic (the 1st time I saw it).
Riding the monorail, trains, and boats (takes me back to 1971).
Seeing Spaceship Earth (the big golf ball):ROFLOL:
I think that covers it!:ROFLOL:

Powerline

This guy is so tough he goes to DisneyChannel.com without his parent's permission.

The part in Magical Fireworks OST where the characters are making wishes. Ariel's always gets to me :cry:

rodserling27

So, I'm a pretty tough guy. I could spend a lot of text here proving that to you, but a couple of facts will suffice. First of all, I'm the drummmer in a band and we all know that drummers are the most rugged band members. Secondly, I've coached football for 18 years, and I coach the O-line, not the little quarterbacks, DBs, etc. Okay, 'nough said...tough guy = me.

So, why is it that I tear up every friggin' time at the end of 'Beauty and the Beast', often while watching 'Wishes', and sometimes even at the end of 'Voyage of the Little Mermaid'? :) Is it because my daughter used to sing songs from those 2 movies as a little kid, and even though she's in her 20's now, it still reminds me of those years long since gone? Why at 'Wishes'? I don't know why, but it happens practically every time.

So tough guys (and gals), is there anything that happens on property that causes you to become a little teary eyed (besides of course Aloha Isle being out of Dole Whip float ingredients)? :wave:
GREAT post!!!
I wonder the same thing about myself...
A few things that get me teary eyed, and I consider myself a pretty manly man:
-The finale of Fantasmic!, from the steamboat all the way to Mountain Mick's grand closing
-The Lion King segment in "Mickey's Philharmagic." I dont' know why, but I get all misty eyed and feel so good when that starts!!!
-The moment Indiana Jones grabs the golden idol...stupid, i know!! But I get so excited!!

Not really park related, but the ending of Toy Story 3 got me good! I was trying my best not to tear up because I was in a theater packed with people and close friends and my big bro. Once I got it home on dvd, I was bawling my eyes out like really crying. I can't take it. :cry::cry::cry:

I didn't attempt any such thing. The end of Toy Story 3 (the scene with Andy, not the incinerator) had me bawling like a baby. The audience was about 50/50 small kids, and 20-30 year olds. Kids were all laughing, "adults" were crying.

The first montage of Up does it, too.

As for the park...standing on Main Street and hearing the music from "Hello Dolly" will bring a very happy tear to my eye.

yensid67

Not so much of a tough guy!

I guess I am not much of a tough guy when I tear up and tears begin to stream down my face when I think about how many guests have saved for YEARS to spend a few days at WDW!
OR
When I hear the song, Remember the Magic. Makes me think about my parents at WDW in 1998 for their very first trip ever in their lives. They were so happy...gotta go tearing up here!:cry:

DisneyWall-E

^ this. I grew up watching the Toy Story movies. I was 13 when the first came out. So when I watched the last one it was like I was also saying goodbye to my childhood.:cry:

Howe

I love this! Great post! I'm no tough guy, not even a guy. But I cried on the reg when I was at disney last time (my first time as an adult)... first glimpse of the castle down mainstreet? gives me chills just thinking about it! Illuminations... both my husband and I were in tears! And our last day in the parks, I pretty much cried all day. My trip report had several pictures of my ugly cry.

For me I think a lot of the emotions come from experiencing the magic with my husband. For whatever reason, Disney just makes us fall more in love with each other. Such a special place!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom