EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

Figment632

America? Why and how there?

Well there is nothing futuristic about GMR and Film is what it is today due to the American film industry. However we would not be where we are today with out contributions from Italian, German, and Russian film makers contributions.

Thomas Edison invented the film studio and camera. If they took the ride from a more historical perspective showing some of these great achivements maybe it could work. Since the American Film industry really launced it into what it is today and the American Pavilion is the host of the WS I think a GMR done like this would have fit well in EC.

Mr.EPCOT

Thank Goodness that never came true.:dazzle::lol:

Where is the Future in THAT concept, is beyond me.

Well, what we would probably have seen is a blending of something akin to Great Movie Ride covering wider variety of aspects in Arts and Entertainment, with a section devoted to the future towards the end of the experience.

Personally, I think I would have preferred it that way. What would have really been cool is if the attraction/pavilion served as a gateway to a sub-park of EPCOT Center that would essentially be what became the Disney-MGM Studios. The concept was that the pavilion would be between Journey Into Imagination and The Land. Imagine that they configured what is now the EPCOT Resort Area so that 'EPCOT Studios' would essentially be where Yacht & Beach Club and the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin are now. Crescent Lake would be of a different size and shape, and have the sub-park along one side, and the Resorts on the other. From EPCOT Center, you would do the Arts and Entertainment attraction, and if you had the proper admission you could disembark on the other side into EPCOT Studios. Or, if you don't want to do the attraction, you could traverse large catwalks over the ride (giving you a bird's eye behind-the-scenes view on the way) to enter the sub-park. As EPCOT Studios expanded, an additional entrance and could be added along World Drive.

EPCOT Explorer

Well there is nothing futuristic about GMR and Film is what it is today due to the American film industry. However we would not be where we are today with out contributions from Italian, German, and Russian film makers contributions.

Thomas Edison invented the film studio and camera. If they took the ride from a more historical perspective showing some of these great achivements maybe it could work. Since the American Film industry really launced it into what it is today and the American Pavilion is the host of the WS I think a GMR done like this would have fit well in EC.

Well, what we would probably have seen is a blending of something akin to Great Movie Ride covering wider variety of aspects in Arts and Entertainment, with a section devoted to the future towards the end of the experience.

Personally, I think I would have preferred it that way. What would have really been cool is if the attraction/pavilion served as a gateway to a sub-park of EPCOT Center that would essentially be what became the Disney-MGM Studios. The concept was that the pavilion would be between Journey Into Imagination and The Land. Imagine that they configured what is now the EPCOT Resort Area so that 'EPCOT Studios' would essentially be where Yacht & Beach Club and the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin are now. Crescent Lake would be of a different size and shape, and have the sub-park along one side, and the Resorts on the other. From EPCOT Center, you would do the Arts and Entertainment attraction, and if you had the proper admission you could disembark on the other side into EPCOT Studios. Or, if you don't want to do the attraction, you could traverse large catwalks over the ride (giving you a bird's eye behind-the-scenes view on the way) to enter the sub-park. As EPCOT Studios expanded, an additional entrance and could be added along World Drive.
While both ideas are very creative, and well thought....no....sorry...:lookaroun:lol::lol: It's too out there. I'd rather have a Park for it, than one crammed in attraction.

Mr.EPCOT

While both ideas are very creative, and well thought....no....sorry...:lookaroun:lol::lol: It's too out there. I'd rather have a Park for it, than one crammed in attraction.

I'm not talking about cramming it all into one attraction, I'm suggesting two-parks-in-one, with Studios branched out from EPCOT.

EPCOT Explorer

I'm not talking about cramming it all into one attraction, I'm suggesting two-parks-in-one, with Studios branched out from EPCOT.
Ugh...I see how it would work...but seriously....that place would have to be kept in TOP NOTCH CONDITION, THEME, EVERYTHING. It would never survive with TDO.:lookaroun:lol:

HMF

Soooo well said. :) EPCOT Center forever! It really was, and still is a inspiring place!
Indeed' I actually never rode Horizons (It closed about 10 months before my first visit) But I got the same feeling many of you did who went in the late 80s/early 90s and hope it stays alive and resists the evils of Nemo & Friends-type attractions in the future.

EPCOT Explorer

Indeed' I actually never rode Horizons (It closed about 10 months before my first visit) But I got the same feeling many of you did who went in the late 80s/early 90s and hope it stays alive and resists the evils of Nemo & Friends-type attractions in the future.
I don't see why it wouldn't. As much as EPCOT has it's problems, it still does work, for the most part. :)

No Horizons though....? You missed out, bad, my friend. :eek:

As was I when I came up with that idea i was assuming that DHS would never exist :shrug:

Maybe that's a good thing....:lookaroun:lol:

(Joking, Travis, I can see you exploding, now....:lookaroun)

MKCP 1985

Anybody else remember when you couldn't take your alcoholic beverage beyond the particular country's borders? :lookaroun

sometimes progress is good! :lol:

Figment632

On purpose of course. People see it and think it's new.:brick:

I just can't phathom why Disney would want WOL to be closed :brick:

50032.jpg

On purpose of course. People see it and think it's new.:brick:

Maybe for a reason:shrug:
One can only dream they are planning something. Secretively of course :D
Confuse guests into thinking its new and then hit them with new attractions.
Wasnt it scheduled for demolition a while back (not sure if im correct for some reason I thought I remember this.)

mcjaco

I just can't phathom why Disney would want WOL to be closed :brick:

I've said this before, but I've always felt that WoL was one of the worst pavilions. EVER. You want to talk about having nothing to do with future technology in FW, there you have it. In all it's pastelly goodness.

In all my visits to EPCOT over the years (and we're talking close to 60 visits now), I stopped in there twice.

Figment632

I've said this before, but I've always felt that WoL was one of the worst pavilions. EVER. You want to talk about having nothing to do with future technology in FW, there you have it. In all it's pastelly goodness.

In all my visits to EPCOT over the years (and we're talking close to 60 visits now), I stopped in there twice.

I should have worded that differently I can't Phatom not having an active and running pavilion and only using the space for FWF. It was never my favorite either but something shoould be there :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

While Body Wars and CC were good...yeah, the rest of the pavilion was doomed to be outdated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom