EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

EPCOTPluto

Ahhh, gotta love 80's car designs. :lol:

Actually, looking at those pictures, am I the only one who finds the 80's TranCenter a heck of a lot more futuristic and modern looking than the current TT post show?
YES in so many ways. Well, the Fuel Cell car is futuristic by its own accord.

The rest looks like something from any car dealership (with a few modifications, that is.) :lookaroun

Beautiful white Pontiac Fiero!
Sounds like someone is a fan of one. :D

No, because it is.
It's the mirrors & chandeliers, right? :lookaroun:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

YES in so many ways. Well, the Fuel Cell car is futuristic by its own accord.

The rest looks like something from any car dealership (with a few modifications, that is.) :lookaroun

Sounds like someone is a fan of one. :D

It's the mirrors & chandeliers, right? :lookaroun:lol:

Certainly....:lol: Not to mention that it actually focused on THE FUTURE, whereas the current version is just GMLand.:lol:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Have you seen the other cars for display in the Transcenter?

Epcot%20Shaun.jpg

4ac52960.png

:lookaroun

Yes, I was there back then ;)

The other cars don't look quite as bad...really pickups didn't look much different until the early 90's, then they started to look more up to date.

The fiero is ok (but MR2's are better :p )

Figments Friend

Original Poster
LOVED the TransCenter pix up a few posts above me. I think i posted some earlier in this thread from my 85' hardback book of WDW. The TransCenter was THE most photographed place in all of WDW i have read several times over the years. It even beat out the Castle when it was still around...

Dang...!

Well it deserved it- there was some seriously amazing stuff there back in the day. I remember it well, having visited many times and marveling at the cool futuristic artwork and sleek futuristic cars. Everyone remember the 'Lean Machine'? How about that funky 18 wheel truck?

What i find interesting is that now when i look at today's car and truck design, it REALLY IS what was being shown at EPCOT back in 82/83. What is really neat though is that MANY of the 'old' designs shown back then at the TransCenter STILL look cool and 'futuristic'...even today! When i look at my pix, it impresses me to realize that.

Can't really say that this will be the case with what is there TODAY...however...:drevil:

( sorry...i had to take a furry swipe at the current 'Showroom'....)

SirGoofy

So...I said I wasn't gonna do this, but here it is...the one and only picture of me working at SSE!

n1145580122_30068277_122.jpg

Man...do I have a bad haircut here. Ouch. :hurl:

EPCOT Explorer

LOVED the TransCenter pix up a few posts above me. I think i posted some earlier in this thread from my 85' hardback book of WDW. The TransCenter was THE most photographed place in all of WDW i have read several times over the years. It even beat out the Castle when it was still around...

Dang...!

Well it deserved it- there was some seriously amazing stuff there back in the day. I remember it well, having visited many times and marveling at the cool futuristic artwork and sleek futuristic cars. Everyone remember the 'Lean Machine'? How about that funky 18 wheel truck?

What i find interesting is that now when i look at today's car and truck design, it REALLY IS what was being shown at EPCOT back in 82/83. What is really neat though is that MANY of the 'old' designs shown back then at the TransCenter STILL look cool and 'futuristic'...even today! When i look at my pix, it impresses me to realize that.

Can't really say that this will be the case with what is there TODAY...however...:drevil:

( sorry...i had to take a furry swipe at the current 'Showroom'....)
That's becuase they only show cars of today.:brick:
So...I said I wasn't gonna do this, but here it is...the one and only picture of me working at SSE!

n1145580122_30068277_122.jpg

Man...do I have a bad haircut here. Ouch. :hurl:

:lol::wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom