EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

mcjaco

I should have worded that differently I can't fathom not having an active and running pavilion and only using the space for FWF. It was never my favorite either but something should be there :shrug:

To be quite honest, I liked nothing there. It was like FW West. Open and peaceful. Sometimes, less is more. :)

Krack2

The Mall my TDS looks just like WOL, if they kept the same theme how could they retheme it to be more up to date.

Easy, update the internal infrastructure to evoke the feeling that you're actually inside a human body. Kind of like the Franklin Institute heart ...

5.FranklinHeart-courtFrankG.jpg

... but an entire body. Through light, water and sound effects, you could give the entire pavilion the feeling of being "alive"; it would look like blood was flowing through veins everywhere, the heart was pumping, the lungs inhaling and exhaling. There would be walk-throughs, small exhibits tied to the specific parts of the body, etc. The "brain", of course, would house Cranium Command. The "stomach" would be the food court. I'd put the bathrooms in the "bladder" and the "excretory system" would be Test Track's scaffolding.

EPCOT Explorer

Easy, update the internal infrastructure to evoke the feeling that you're actually inside a human body. Kind of like the Franklin Institute heart ...

5.FranklinHeart-courtFrankG.jpg

... but an entire body. Walkthroughs, small exhibits tied to the specific parts of the body, etc. The "brain", of course, would house Cranium Command. The "stomach" would be the food court. I'd put the bathrooms in the "bladder" and the "excretory system" would be Test Track's scaffolding.

OOoooooh. That would rock. Why not do that!?:sohappy::sohappy:

hpyhnt 1000

I've said this before, but I've always felt that WoL was one of the worst pavilions. EVER. You want to talk about having nothing to do with future technology in FW, there you have it. In all it's pastelly goodness.

In all my visits to EPCOT over the years (and we're talking close to 60 visits now), I stopped in there twice.

I agree; we only went inside once and never had a desire to go back. :shrug: Body Wars was kinda neat and all, but it was basically a carbon copy to Star Tours. And I actually found Cranium Command kind of annoying. And the decor was, well, we know that already. :lookaroun

Personally, I would love to see a completely revamped human life/health pavilion. In terms of future technologies, the science and technology behind medical advancements is pretty amazing. If it were truly focused on the future and innovation of medicine, I think a new human life pavilion could be impressive.

EDIT: ^Thats a pretty cool idea you had too Krack. That would be a crowd pleaser I bet. :)

EPCOT Explorer

I agree; we only went inside once and never had a desire to go back. :shrug: Body Wars was kinda neat and all, but it was basically a carbon copy to Star Tours. And I actually found Cranium Command kind of annoying. And the decor was, well, we know that already. :lookaroun

Personally, I would love to see a completely revamped human life/health pavilion. In terms of future technologies, the science and technology behind medical advancements is pretty amazing. If it were truly focused on the future and innovation of medicine, I think a new human life pavilion could be impressive.

EDIT: ^Thats a pretty cool idea you had too Krack. That would be a crowd pleaser I bet. :)
:fork::(

LOVED that show....:eek:

hpyhnt 1000

:fork::(

LOVED that show....:eek:

Sorry, but its true. :shrug: I'd love to see the WoL pavilion used for something as much as the next person, but its use as WoL was not the answer. The theme behind it was good, but in many ways, the execution and application of that theme was :hurl:.

The Empress Lilly

What'd what say?? :D

attachment.php
:eek:

Wow. Just wow. :eek:

I feel all warm and fuzzy from seeing this. That poster shows what EPCOT looked like to me when I was young, at night when I closed my eyes and dreamed of a galaxy, far, far away. I must've seen this poster, I was at that MK preview centre, but I don't remember it.

In another thread, I made a lenghty post how I feel that EPCOT Centre was a product of its time. It's music, it's architecture, it's visual style.

Maybe I can reinforce that point by showing a movie poster of Jedi, which opened only a few months after EPCOT. Note the striking similarity in the style of the period, which suited the otherworldy futurism so well of which dreams were made of in 1982/83.

return_of_the_jedi_ver1.jpg

hpyhnt 1000

Have you seen the other cars for display in the Transcenter?

Epcot%20Shaun.jpg

4ac52960.png

:lookaroun

Ahhh, gotta love 80's car designs. :lol:

Actually, looking at those pictures, am I the only one who finds the 80's TranCenter a heck of a lot more futuristic and modern looking than the current TT post show? :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom