Zootopia Coming To Shanghai

Toni25

If I recall, I believe I heard trackless for this ride. This attraction is meant to effectively be the successor (as far as filling the ride line up goes) to the large scale Alice trackless ride in earlier plans.
The large scale WHAT?! I never heard of that...
I know there were plans for an Alice ride at Tokyo, to replace it's a small world, but never knew Shanghai had one too. Is there any concept art ??

IMDREW

The large scale WHAT?! I never heard of that...
I know there were plans for an Alice ride at Tokyo, to replace it's a small world, but never knew Shanghai had one too. Is there any concept art ??
It was planned to have an Alice (Live-Action version) E-Ticket with the Alice Maze forming a sort of mini Alice land. But Through the Looking Glass did so poorly at the box-office that it never materialised.

Toni25

Would Zootopia even be considered part of Fantasyland, or would it be a stand-alone land (like Arendelle in HKDL)?
Well Arendelle isn't exactly stand-alone, it's an expansion of fantasyland, I think the placing is fitting but...anyway, the classic land division is becoming a thing of the past. It feels like every new ride sort of has it's own area, isolated from the rest.

Toni25

It was planned to have an Alice (Live-Action version) E-Ticket with the Alice Maze forming a sort of mini Alice land. But Through the Looking Glass did so poorly at the box-office that it never materialised.
Imagine having a Disney park with 2 rides that include Johnny Depp lol 🤦‍♂️

EDIT: Add Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory ride and Deppland becomes more cohesive than any recent Disney project. 🤯

Magic Feather

Would Zootopia even be considered part of Fantasyland, or would it be a stand-alone land (like Arendelle in HKDL)?
Likely Standalone.
Well Arendelle isn't exactly stand-alone, it's an expansion of fantasyland, I think the placing is fitting but...anyway, the classic land division is becoming a thing of the past. It feels like every new ride sort of has it's own area, isolated from the rest.
If I recall, Frozen at HKDL is meant to be it’s own mini land like Mystic Point.

Robbiem

Likely Standalone.

If I recall, Frozen at HKDL is meant to be it’s own mini land like Mystic Point.

does anyone know if magic kingdom did the same thing when Pirates opened? I remember seeing signs saying Adventureland and Caribbean Plaza but I don’t Recall if carribean plaza was treated as a part of adventureland or a separate area.

RandySavage

It's all semantics, but I don't think Zootopia has or will be considered part of Fantasyland in any official way: marketing, guidemaps, etc. It'll be it's own thing - the equivalent of the westside's Toy Story Land.

How they handle the jarring Zootopia-Fantasyland environmental transition & sightlines will be... interesting.

Regarding Frozen at HKDL, while it's a no-brainer that experientially & thematically it's part of Fantasyland (unlike Zootopia), I have little doubt they will also Market & Map it as a new, distinct "land" versus a Fantasyland expansion.

BrianLo

Yup, per the initial announcement they were referring to it as the 8th themed land in the park. Hong Kong will certainly refer to Frozen separately as well, but probably will be a little more loose with mixing the two.

For those confused Toy Story, Mickey Avenue and Gardens of Imagination are all considered their own things.

D231016

微信截图_20200822163715.png

Latest look of the land: https://720yun.com/t/13vkO9rh5f7?scene_id=53059895

lazyboy97o

The thought of Zootopia in SHDL is ironic. A film about individuality and being unique placed in a country where the government desires to control every aspect of your life from religion to the number of kids you can have and limits free press.
A movie denounced by the People’s Liberation Army Daily.

BrianLo

The thought of Zootopia in SHDL is ironic. A film about individuality and being unique placed in a country where the government desires to control every aspect of your life from religion to the number of kids you can have and limits free press.

I think this film (and Coco's) success in China speaks to not just pandering to that audience for their money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom