Trip Report You've Got a Friend in Me

Hello friends!! Welcome & I'm happy to have you here for another TR!! This trip was filled with so much fun & friendship in so many different ways that when I think back on it I can't help but smile!! So many happy times & I look forward to sharing them with you all, my friends!!

WHEN: Tuesday, October 27th - Tuesday, November 3rd

WHO: Myself-Patti, JSR, E & J
IMG_8388.JPG

In case you forgot what we look like here's one minus masks!! :hilarious:
IMG_6081.JPEG

WHERE: Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villa
IMG_8473.jpeg

So, I had made mention in my last TR that we were booked to stay at The Polynesian this trip. About a month or so before the trip we got the email that the regular rooms(which we were booked in) were not going to be open then. They offered to move us to The Grand Floridian. None of us were really feeling it so we explored our options. E & I really enjoyed our stay at Saratoga Springs in August(I think a lot has to do with it having that Riverside "feel" to it) so we decided to go with a treehouse villa. A big plus ended up being that it cost us all waaaay less than what the Poly/GF was going to. I was disappointed but felt better after some friends, @Darstarr & @Tuvalu, told me I was probably better off waiting to experience the resort until the remodel was done anyways!!

I drove to their house & got there at 9:15. My sister wanted to leave for the airport no later than 9:30. Notice that there are 3 suitcases but 4 people?? Someone wasn't done packing & E was not happy!! The stroller went with us but it went unused most of the time so E decided that this was going to be the last trip for it.
IMG_7581.JPEG

The reason for the packing delay? J snuck outside & excitedly told me a secret. His dad was packing our friend, PCB!!🤣
IMG_7582.JPEG

Notice the scab on his face--the poor kid took a fall at school a few days before.

Remember E sending me this after our last trip? Well, we didn't have to get it!!
IMG_7524.JPEG

We got to the airport & unloaded the luggage. E went to park the car & we went to wait for her inside. It was then that J realized his mask was with his mom. I told him I had a bunch in my bag & for him to temporarily use one of them. It was a little big on him....
IMG_7583.JPEG

We checked in quickly & headed to the main terminal. J was happy to have his shark mask back!! One of our other sisters made that for him & he really likes it!!
IMG_7584.JPEG

The airport was a ghost town as it was in August.
IMG_7585.JPEG

J's favorite store was still closed😞
IMG_7586.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TODAY, MARCH 13TH, 2021

Earlier this week @MegRuss626 mentioned in this TR that The Disney Store in this area was closing:cry:
My friend, @MickeyCB & I made plans to meet there this morning!! We got there at opening & there was quite the line to get in.
While in line someone approached us & said that she knew us from this site!!

It was @MegRuss626 & her adorable daughter, Ryleigh!!
IMG_0078.jpeg

We chatted for awhile & managed to blend them in with our party so they weren't at the end of the ever growing line. No photographic evidence but @MickeyCB & @MegRuss626's husbands were there also. What a nice surprise & I'm so happy that @MegRuss626 introduced herself!! And for as cute as Ryleigh is in photos they don't do her justice. Not only is she adorable but she is such a friendly, talkative little girl!! It was a pleasure to meet their family!!

After our purchases @MickeyCB, Gary & I enjoyed lunch. Then they were gracious enough to invite me to their home to see their absolutely amazing Mickey collection!! It is unbelievable & so much fun!!

Such a fun day spending time with friends!!😍

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND

I headed out early for a walk that morning. This was on the ground--not hanging on the door.
IMG_8327.JPEG

We were at the bus stop at 9:15. That was the first time I saw this overlay on a bus.
IMG_8328.JPEG

Look who was cold again🤷‍♀️ & look what she's carrying!!🤣
IMG_8329.JPEG

Within a few minutes the bus pulled up.
IMG_8330.JPEG

And in no time at all we were at MK!!
IMG_8331.JPEG

As we were heading in.......
IMG_8332.JPEG

JSR realized that he left his MB back at the room!!🤦‍♂️ So, he had to join this line to see if there was something they could do for him so that he didn't have to go back for it. E waited with him & told me to take J into MK & they would meet up with us.
IMG_8333.JPEG

They ended up giving him a card to use for the day. It had Dumbo on it. E's comment: "How appropriate!!"🤣🤣🤣

In the meantime J & I headed in. Christmas decorations were up!! That really excited me--we got to see Halloween & Christmas decorations in the same trip!!
IMG_8334.JPEG

IMG_8335.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND

J wanted to ride Buzz so we went there. It said it was a 15 minute wait but the line looked longer than that.
IMG_8346.JPEG

I got scolded for not following the rules!! Actually, I did it on purpose to see if he would correct me & of course he did!!
IMG_8347.JPEG

The line was moving very slowly.
IMG_8348.JPEG

We passed the time taking selfies.
IMG_8349.JPEG

Now look who's not following the rules!!
IMG_8350.JPEG

At one point I looked at wait times. Buzz had jumped to 30 minutes & that's exactly what we waited.
IMG_8351.PNG

There's a favorite!!
IMG_8352.JPEG

And finally we made it inside!!
IMG_8353.JPEG

IMG_8354.JPEG

I can't remember who won but I'm sure if you asked J he would say he did!!
IMG_8521.JPG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND

We met up with E & JSR and decided to get lunch. I'm not sure if you've noticed but we tend to eat at off times so as to miss the crowds.
IMG_8356.JPEG

Frontierland was pretty empty.
IMG_8357.JPEG

It had been a few trips since we ate at Peco's Bill so we decided to go there.
IMG_8358.JPEG

Haven't been on that in 24 years!!
IMG_8359.JPEG

We had mobile ordered while we were walking.
IMG_8360.JPEG

And it was ready when we arrived!!
IMG_8361.PNG

At least it's not as chaotic in there now.
IMG_8362.JPEG

But this is a sad sight.
IMG_8363.JPEG

Nachos for me!!
IMG_8364.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND

After lunch we visited The Haunted Mansion.
IMG_8365.JPEG

These next two photos are lousy but I took them to remind me of how bright is was here in the beginning & at the end.
IMG_8366.JPEG

IMG_8368.JPEG

IMG_8515.JPG

IMG_8516.JPG

We then got in line to go in the store.
IMG_8369.JPEG

I thought this shirt was funny!!
IMG_8371.JPEG

Next up was Philharmagic.
IMG_8375.JPEG

No more "fill in all available space"!!
IMG_8378.JPEG

While we were waiting this memory popped up on my phone!! Can you believe he was this little?? And do you all remember "suitcase"??
IMG_8376.PNG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND

We headed to IASW next.
IMG_8381.JPEG

We had taken these pics earlier & they popped up while we were in line.
IMG_8382.JPG

I guess J takes after his mother with the jacket on!!
IMG_8383.JPG

IMG_8387.JPG

IMG_8388.JPG

I tried to take pictures of scenes that I normally don't.
IMG_8390.JPEG

IMG_8392.JPEG

IMG_8393.JPEG

We were backed up here for quite awhile.
IMG_8394.JPEG

Then this one popped up from the day before!!
IMG_8522.JPG

donaldtoo

TODAY, MARCH 13TH, 2021

Earlier this week @MegRuss626 mentioned in this TR that The Disney Store in this area was closing:cry:
My friend, @MickeyCB & I made plans to meet there this morning!! We got there at opening & there was quite the line to get in.

View attachment 539257

We chatted for awhile & managed to blend them in with our party so they weren't at the end of the ever growing line. No photographic evidence but @MickeyCB & @MegRuss626's husbands were there also. What a nice surprise & I'm so happy that @MegRuss626 introduced herself!! And for as cute as Ryleigh is in photos they don't do her justice. Not only is she adorable but she is such a friendly, talkative little girl!! It was a pleasure to meet their family!!

After our purchases @MickeyCB, Gary & I enjoyed lunch. Then they were gracious enough to invite me to their home to see their absolutely amazing Mickey collection!! It is unbelievable & so much fun!!

Very cool...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Much sadness though regarding yet another “brick and mortar” Disney Store closure. :(
The first job I applied for, after I was laid off in 2009 from the architectural firm I worked for for over 20 years during the last recession (that I’ve, fortunately, now been back with since 2013), was at our local mall Disney Store, among other retail jobs I worked to make ends meet.
I ended up bein’ a CM there for 4+ years, including a year+ as a Lead Manager, and it was mostly a great experience, and somethin’ I’ll never forget...!!!!! :happy:
That location has been closed for about 3 years now.
The next closest location to us is about 10 miles away at an outlet mall, which doesn’t even compare.
That mall Disney Store was also one of the old “pink and green” Stores with extreme theming, themed video screen, themed fixtures, etc.
Some pics (not mine - internet) from that Store...

A70D58E5-089B-4560-B7D9-49CC15ED4956.jpeg
26C16425-A7B8-4EC5-B612-7DD749B7FEB5.jpeg
7E102DC4-4C0C-4B02-934E-DC36ADA86B35.jpeg
0738CF8A-FE56-4889-93A0-623A8CEA9AC7.jpeg

But, again, so awesome for the meetup...!!!!!!! :joyfull::)

MegRuss626

TODAY, MARCH 13TH, 2021

View attachment 539257

Such a fun surprise! Thankfully my extroverted husband was there to encourage my introverted self to say hi when I recognized you guys! I really enjoyed our time in line! (And your letting me blend in!!) Thanks for the sweet words about Ryleigh....she’s even more chatty without a mask! 😂 She made friends with anyone who would pay attention to her in line during our trip in November!

MickeyCB

TODAY, MARCH 13TH, 2021

View attachment 539257

That was so much fun!! (I don't get out much and that was a special treat)!
When we got to the mall and saw the line I told @riverside we were rope dropping the Disney store!🤣
I was very excited to meet @riverside but the cherry on the cake was getting to meet @MegRuss626 and her crew also!
And yes, her daughter was so sweet to chat with.
I asked her advice on what I should buy for my granddaughter and the advice was quite sound. Princess stuff is always a good idea!😃

MickeyCB

I hope @MickeyCB found lots of cute stuff to spoil her adorable granddaughter - because it’s a grandmother’s prerogative 😊
My personal shopping consultant, Ryleigh, recommended anything in the princess line!
And yes, about the grandmother thing, but I'm going to have to get you to talk to my daughter about that! 'Mom, not too much Disney stuff" Again, my response, "as if"!

Last edited:

MickeyCB

Such a fun surprise! Thankfully my extroverted husband was there to encourage my introverted self to say hi when I recognized you guys! I really enjoyed our time in line! (And your letting me blend in!!) Thanks for the sweet words about Ryleigh....she’s even more chatty without a mask! 😂 She made friends with anyone who would pay attention to her in line during our trip in November!
I was so glad you said hello!! Our husbands got a chuckle at the instant Disney babble we all started on!
And Ryleigh is so ridiculously cute, and fun to be around!

Last edited:

MegRuss626

I was so glad you said hello!! Our husbands got a chuckle at the instant Disney babble we all started on!
And Ryleigh is so ridiculously cute, and fun to be around!

George said a few times after our meetup that it was really cool we got to meet you guys! And thank you! We’re pretty dang lucky because she’s a great kid! I’m glad her shopping advice helped. Give it a year or so and she’ll give you the lowdown on all things Barbie and Frozen for your granddaughter!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Very cool...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Much sadness though regarding yet another “brick and mortar” Disney Store closure. :(
The first job I applied for, after I was laid off in 2009 from the architectural firm I worked for for over 20 years during the last recession (that I’ve, fortunately, now been back with since 2013), was at our local mall Disney Store, among other retail jobs I worked to make ends meet.
I ended up bein’ a CM there for 4+ years, including a year+ as a Lead Manager, and it was mostly a great experience, and somethin’ I’ll never forget...!!!!! :happy:
That location has been closed for about 3 years now.
The next closest location to us is about 10 miles away at an outlet mall, which doesn’t even compare.
That mall Disney Store was also one of the old “pink and green” Stores with extreme theming, themed video screen, themed fixtures, etc.
Some pics (not mine - internet) from that Store...
It sure is a bummer!!
That's neat(not that you had lost your job). I would love to be a CM someday!!
The Disney Store that was closest to me(it's been closed for quite a few years now) didn't look like the one in your pics. That's neat to see!!
But, again, so awesome for the meetup...!!!!!!! :joyfull::)
It was awesome!!
Yay for George!! I'm so glad you did!! It was so much fun!! I'm sure she made lots of friends then!! She's such a cute girl!!
That was so much fun!! (I don't get out much and that was a special treat)!
When we got to the mall and saw the line I told @riverside we were rope dropping the Disney store!🤣
I was very excited to meet @riverside but the cherry on the cake was getting to meet @MegRuss626 and her crew also!
And yes, her daughter was so sweet to chat with.
I asked her advice on what I should buy for my granddaughter and the advice was quite sound. Princess stuff is always a good idea!😃
It was a lot of fun!!
The surprise meet up was definitely the cherry on the cake!! I thought that was so neat the way it worked out!! I'm still smiling about it!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND

Up next was a spin on the teacups. E sat that one out. Wise move--J is getting pretty good at spinning those things:hungover:
IMG_8399.JPEG

Then it was time for a trip to Neverland.
IMG_8402.JPEG

We really didn't have much of a plan so we wandered around a bit.
IMG_8403.JPEG

Said hello to some friends!!
IMG_8405.JPEG

Then we went to say hello to John & the crew!!
IMG_8406.JPEG

J wanted to say hello to Buzz since he was out & about.
IMG_8407.JPEG

I like the way they are doing this. It provides for some cute pictures!!
IMG_8410.JPEG

Since J didn't get his traditional funnel cake in Epcot this trip we went to Sleepy Hollow to get one instead.
IMG_8412.JPEG

Another cavalcade was coming through.
IMG_8414.JPEG

He doesn't like the strawberries & whipped cream so it was just a plain old powdered sugar one.
IMG_8415.JPEG

Let me just say how hard it was to get a seat there. So many people saving tables & so many just sitting there not eating or drinking. The ones not eating or drinking really irritated me. We ended up having to eat with ours on a wall b/c of so many peoples selfishness:mad:

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND

Quite a bit of water had been drained since our first visit to MK at the beginning of the trip.
IMG_8417.JPEG

We had to go on the wildest ride in the wilderness!!
IMG_8418.JPEG

IMG_8420.JPEG

J really loves this ride!!
IMG_8421.JPEG

We went in the Christmas Shoppe but didn't buy anything.
IMG_8423.JPEG

Since the next day was Election Day we figured it was only fitting that we go in The Hall of Presidents. Plus, we knew it would probably be awhile before we would be able to experience it again.
IMG_8424.JPEG

IMG_8425.JPEG

IMG_8426.JPEG

We had a bit of time before our dinner reservation so we wandered around some & ran into more friends!!
IMG_8427.JPEG

I really like the way they are out randomly. It makes for a nice surprise!!
IMG_8428.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND

We figured we would go in The Emporium then b/c it would probably be crazier close to closing. It was already nuts then. There was a line to get in!!
IMG_8430.JPEG

After that we headed to our dinner destination.
IMG_8433.JPEG

We had to wait outside until our table was called.
IMG_8435.PNG

J was having a blast watching the cavalcade that was coming through. I didn't get any good pics but he was dancing away!!
IMG_8436.JPEG

IMG_8437.JPEG

IMG_8439.JPEG

We were notified that our table was ready. It was really eerie walking into the lobby & no one being in there.
IMG_8440.JPEG

We were fortunate enough:rolleyes: to be seated in The Diamond Horseshoe.
IMG_8443.JPEG

In a corner:(
IMG_8444.JPEG

It was not a good dining experience in the least. Eating in there gives it a totally different feel. I felt like I was on the set of some old western movie--& not a good one at that.
IMG_8445.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND

The only bright side was that we were seated early. Our reservation was for 5:15.
IMG_8446.PNG

Every time this piano started playing we would get more annoyed. It also didn't help that there was a large party at the table next to us. That room is loud to begin with, then throw in the piano, then the loud group. The worst though was one of the women in that party. All she did was cough. The. Whole. Time. And you could hear that above everything else. She should have excused herself & went to get some fresh air, or Halls, or something. It was super annoying.
IMG_8447.JPEG

Then there was our waitress. I will be nice & say that she was a bit off. She would just drop off things & run.
IMG_8448.JPEG

At one point she asked if I wanted another glass of wine. I said yes but I never got it!!
IMG_8449.JPEG

At least the food was good though!!
IMG_8450.JPEG

@Tuvalu had inquired about the dessert. So, I sent her a picture of it. Sorry--I'm still not a fan of it!!
IMG_8451.JPEG

IMG_8452.JPEG

Annoying family was also taking turns charging their phones at the outlet that was close to our table.
IMG_8453.JPEG

After dinner we made our way out. The food was good but that was about it. We weren't happy with our experience for many different reasons. E said as long as they are using The Diamond Horseshoe for overflow there will be no Liberty Tree reservations for us!! I have to agree!!

I thought this picture turned out pretty good!!
IMG_8454.JPEG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom