Your Top 5 Dining Experiences

Andrew Czornohalan

Original Poster
Hi All,

I am rapidly approaching the 180 day mark (better yet it will be 189 days) until my next trip and am keen to get the jump on my dining reservations for a change. We have 11 nights, so plenty of time, and I am looking for your opinions on the best dining experiences or those not to be missed across the whole property. I am really interested in best experience (not just best food), we have two children a 5yo and a 2yo.

Thanks in advance!!

zurgandfriend

My top 5 are;

1. Victoria & Albert's
2. Shula's
3 Yachtsman Steakhouse
4. California Grill
5 Jiko

That said the most of these are not really for kids, with kids 5 and 2 so I I would say

1. Crystal Palace
2 Whispering Canyon
3. Ohana
4. Chef Mickey's
5. 1900 park Fare

and these are just MHO.

Best meal on our last 2 trips was Jiko hands down. We brought our 2 year old and she also liked it, although she is an adventurous eater. Best character meal we did by far was lunch at Hollywood & vine. She was in heaven dancing and singing with the Disney Junior Characters. I love that it's super interactive and not just photo ops. I've never seen her happier to hold hands with doc and sofia.

Jess G

Keeping children, food and experience in mind I would say...

Ohana (fun & good all you can eat food, characters there for breakfast, I book for dinner and hope for a good view of MK fireworks)
Sanna (view animals while you eat, very good food)
Be our guest (I prefer lunch for a value, although Beast is there for dinner hours)
tusker house (Love the breakfast buffet for an animal kingdom day, fun character interaction)
Raglan Road (Love the irish step dancers, the atomosphere and the food)

Schneewittchen

My kids are a similar age. Some of the best experiences for them have been:
1. Crystal Palace
2. Akershus
3. Mickey's Backyard BBQ
4. Hoop Dee Doo Revue
5. Be Our Guest

Honorable mentions: Restaurant Marrakesh, Teppan Edo, San Angel Inn

And in about a month and half I'll be able to tell you if they liked Chef Mickey's.

ekutchey

We love dining at Disney. It is one of the enjoyments we look forward to each trip. It is hard to choose with so many wonderful choices but our top five are:

1. Artist Point at WL
2. California Grill during Wishes at Contemporary
3. Fultons Crab House at DS
4. Via Napoli in Italy at Epcot
5. Whispering Canyon at WL

HouCuseChickie

My girls were those ages on their 2nd trip. So, I'm going to factor that in with my suggestions...

1. Chef Mickey's breakfast
2. CRT (really any meal, but we like breakfast best)
3. Cali Grill timed with Wishes (Narcoosee's with similar timing would be a plan B)
4. 'Ohana dinner
5. Sanaa lunch or early dinner (so you still have some daylight on the savanna)

sophie_the_pooh

Here were our favorites with our 4 year old son in September:
1. T rex, my son is a HUGE dinosaur fan and enjoyed the animated dinos in the restaurant
2. Coral Reef, you get to eat while looking at the big aquarium, they give you a guide with all the fishes so you can identify them, plus the cupcake on the kids menu is very good, according to my son! (Ok I took a bite!)
3. Crystal Palace, obviously for Pooh and friends!
4.Hollywood and Vine Disney jr breakfast: I know it is often criticized on this board, but we enjoyed the food and my son was very impressed to meet Jake the pirate, Doc Mcstuffins and Sofia!
5. Via Napoli, best pizzas the 3 of us ever had!

PlaneCrazy1978

Well this is the most impossible list I've ever had to come up with. It changes almost every trip, but here's a crack at it:

1.) Victoria & Albert's (O.M.G.) - but not for kids
2.) Brown Derby (never had a bad experience)
3.) Citricos
4.) Jiko (not as weird as people think)
5.) 50's PrimeTime (so good for kids)

CheshireCat12

Keeping in mind that I do not travel with small children, here are my top five that I have eaten at:
1. Sanaa- dinner- The bread service with all the accompaniments is not to be missed!
2. Boma- dinner buffet has a great selection of flavors and unique items (and the place smells great!), but breakfast was good too
3. Raglan Road- dinner- It's not Bleedin' chowder is amazing!
4. 'Ohana- dinner- favorite part the Bread Pudding and the wings
5. Kona Cafe-breakfast- favorite dish the Samoan

DarthVader

Sith Lord
oooh this is a tough one.
  1. Hoop Dee Doo
  2. Chef Mickey breakfast
  3. Libtery Tree Tavern
  4. Chef Mickey Dinner
  5. Resort QS breakfasts
I'll mentioned the resort QS meals, because in all seriousness, this is typically the best meals,. We come there for breakfast, the day is before us and we're all eager and excited. The meals are good, and the coffee is hot. We usually eat fairly early so the crowds aren't crushing. Something about eating breakfast there really sets the tone and anticipation for the day. :D

Princess Kaylee

Hi All,

I am rapidly approaching the 180 day mark (better yet it will be 189 days) until my next trip and am keen to get the jump on my dining reservations for a change. We have 11 nights, so plenty of time, and I am looking for your opinions on the best dining experiences or those not to be missed across the whole property. I am really interested in best experience (not just best food), we have two children a 5yo and a 2yo.

Thanks in advance!!

My top 5 are
1. Crystal Palace
2. Cinderellas Royal Table
3. 1900 Park Fare (breakfast is Alice and friends dinner is Cinderella and friends)
4. Hoop De Doo
5. Chef Mickeys

These are all amazing places, don't forget to try the chocolate tart in France ( my favorite)!

danitaytay

We've traveled with two families [our cousins] the past couple of trips, so it makes it nice when you have four kids ranging in ages to input their dining opinions.
For us kids, our top five were probably:
5. Sci-fi Dine-In dinner[not the greatest food, but the atmosphere and milkshakes are amazing]. So much fun for the kids!
4. Be Our Guest dinner [another one with iffy food, but the atmosphere is absolutely incredible. The desserts are so good too!]
3. California Grill dinner [nothing beats seeing Wishes from the top of the Contemporary!]
2. Jiko dinner
1. Kona Cafe dinner [if your kids love ice cream, the Kona Kone is so good!]

71dsp

For us it's:

1. Yachtsman Steakhouse
2. California Grill
3. Sanaa (my wife disagrees, but I LOVE Sanaa!)
4. Shula's Steakhouse
5. Le Cellier

Unforutnately, we have not been to Victoria & Albert's, but I'm hoping we can go on this next trip!!

For the kids,
1. Tucker House (breakfast)
2. Ohaha (breakfast)
3. Cinderella's Royal Table (breakfast, especially before the park opens)
4. Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
5. 50's Prime Time Cafe

71dsp

We've traveled with two families [our cousins] the past couple of trips, so it makes it nice when you have four kids ranging in ages to input their dining opinions.
For us kids, our top five were probably:
5. Sci-fi Dine-In dinner[not the greatest food, but the atmosphere and milkshakes are amazing]. So much fun for the kids!
4. Be Our Guest dinner [another one with iffy food, but the atmosphere is absolutely incredible. The desserts are so good too!]
3. California Grill dinner [nothing beats seeing Wishes from the top of the Contemporary!]
2. Jiko dinner
1. Kona Cafe dinner [if your kids love ice cream, the Kona Kone is so good!]

Totally agree with Be Our Guest. We LOVE the atmosphere and the French Onion Soup is amazing, so are the desserts. The rest is fine, but not amazing. That said, BOG is one of our "must-dos" every trip. :)

We didn't like Boma's dinner either time we tried, so I'm having a hard time convincing my wife to try Jiko's. I'd love to try it on the next trip. We have plenty of time before our ADR date, so I'm going to keep working at it. :)

Oakridge1st

Hi All,

Thanks in advance!!
Or favorite 3 are Sanaa, Jiko and Yachtsman Steakhouse for fine dining. Try Tony's Town square for a quick sit down lunch in MK. 3 we would not go back to are Kona Cafe, Brown Derby and Citricos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom