Your Top 3 Do-Not-Touch / Change Attractions at WDW

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
What three attractions (including shows) at WDW would you put on your Do-Not-Touch / Change list?

I know, how can you only pick three things when there's probably hundreds of things to do at WDW? Well consider these rules below..

1. Take into consideration that not everything might be in danger of a change. No need for something like "Haunted Mansion" or "BTMRR" (unless you really want to include them!). Chances are that these legendary attractions are never going to change and Disney themselves wouldn't want to change them. I'm pointing to rides that you have a ridiculous attachment to; something that you aren't %100 might keep its theme after 10, heck even after 2, years.

2. By Do-Not-Touch, I really mean Do-Not-Re/theme or drastically change. Upgrades and occasional additions are acceptable, but let's keep the general emotion, sights and sounds on these attractions.

3. It could be anything, a show, a ride, A - E ticket.

4. You can only include 3 so watch what you post!

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Here's what I have so far, as of 4/10 post 34.
(Please bear in mind that this is a cleaned up list, only with measurable results from posters who actually read the rules)

8 - Haunted Mansion
6 - Splash Mountain
5 - People Mover
5 - Tower of Terror
4 - Carousel of Progress
3 - Spaceship Earth
3 - Expedition Everest
3 - Tiki Room
3 - Living with the Land
2 - Dinosaur
2 - Peter Pan
2 - The American Adventure
2 - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Everything Else:
Illuminations
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Pirates of the Caribbean
Figment
Speedway
Country Bear Jamboree
Space Mountain
Impressions de France
Fantasmic
Mickey’s Philharmagic
Monster’s Ince Laugh Floor
Jungle Cruise
It’s a small world
Great Movie Ride
Muppet Vision 3d

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

actually I don't have any. I like new things. I do love HM and I really enjoyed lights, motors, action but if they were replaced with a great new attraction I wouldn't have an issue. My favorite ride is Soarin and Test track. they have both changed and I still really like them

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
actually I don't have any. I like new things. I do love HM and I really enjoyed lights, motors, action but if they were replaced with a great new attraction I wouldn't have an issue. My favorite ride is Soarin and Test track. they have both changed and I still really like them

WDW is huge with a vast amount of land, so in my opinion, I would hope they use new land for new concepts instead of changing great and historical rides. I personally think Soarin' Around the World was a downgrade, so I would completely understand if someone put SoC on this list. Had I put SoC on my list, I would've done so only so I could share my memories with a loved one who may not have experienced it quite yet.

_caleb

1) PeopleMover: I would like some elevation changes and for the track to pass through all the rides in Tomorrowland, but I hope they don’t mess with MK’s PeopleMover!

2) Haunted Mansion: It’s great! Leave it alone! We don’t need overlays, interactive features, or more blacklight effects!

3) Living with the Land: I know my opinion on this one won’t be too popular, but I really like this attraction. Love that it’s on a boat, the hydroponics, greenhouses, and the narration. I do wish that they’d update some of the faded images and maybe put real in some real video screens, but I love me some edutainment!

TwilightZone

1. haunted mansion: a classic, only additions it needs is maybe hatbox ghost. That is all.
2. Spaceship Earth: another classic, the ending needs a refresher, but other then that it is fine as is.
3. Illuminations: drones-the show sounds awful. Keep the fireworks, please.

Surfin' Tuna

1. CoP - update the final scene, but keep the rest essentially as is.
2. Splash Mountain; I worry about this one all the time
3. American Adventure

I think they messed up HM with the changes to the ghosts already, but I know the new ones are cuter and more fun. The last update to Living with the Land downgraded that immensely. Where's the catchy song? Still we ride it every week or two; it still feels like Epcot Center to us. Pirates...who knows where they will stop reminding us how sweet and loving the pirates really were. SSE was also a huge downgrade with the removal of the Irons version, so I am happy to see them try to fix it one day.

a goofy username

1. tiki room. do not mess with my tiki room i will sob eternally if my tiki room is taken away
2. haunted mansion. i think it's safe, i think they know it needs no changes
3. spaceship earth is fine the way it is

LUVofDIS

Tower of Terror, keep your filthy grimy hands off that if you please sir.

Splash Mountain - Yes, this is as perfect as a ride can be.

Pirates of the Caribbean - oh wait, they already messed it up some, skip.

Everest - no, no they need to fix the disco beasty.

Carousel of Progress - come on, the last scene, it just has to be updated.

Just give me a second,

Yes, I know, the Mad Tea Party, laugh if you will, I love that ride. Yes that is the third that needs to be left alone.

GVentola

I want no big changes in Fantasmic. I like the recent change in having Pocahontas & John Smith actually kiss in the mist screen image, instead of just lean their heads towards each other, about to kiss. I heard in a few years, the whole Pocahontas scene will go bye bye, perhaps replaced by a Pirates of the Caribbean scene. I'm not looking forward to this. Pocahontas is not my fave Disney movie, but I ship on Pocahontas/John Smith, even though I know the historical Pocahontas married John Rolfe. But I like to say that Fantasmic proves that even Mickey Mouse prefers Pocahontas and John Smith! (At least, the Disney fictional versions of those two. It's possible the historical figures never had anything romantic going in the first place!)

I have nightmares about them changing or closing the American Adventure. I don't mind updates to the final montage--those I'd say are even needed--but the rest, keep as is. Basically, that is. They could stand to make the print clearer when they show that montage of American inventions; I can't usually read it. Maybe that's repaired in the latest refurb? (I haven't seen it since before then, though I make sure to see it at least once per year.)

The third would be either the Tiki Room or the People Mover.

Cuzzi91

I agree with everyone! My personal choices include:
1. Tower of Terror
2. Expedition Everest
3. Monsters Inc Laugh Floor- althiugh could use some upgrading.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom