Your slowest WDW day

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
Slowest day I ever had in WDW was the weekend after 9/11. I would swear that the CM's outnumbered the guests.

I was there that weekend as well. I absolutely agree about the CM to guest ratio - we must have stayed on BTMRR four or five times in a row, and all the rides were like that.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was there that weekend as well. I absolutely agree about the CM to guest ratio - we must have stayed on BTMRR four or five times in a row, and all the rides were like that.
It was an erie day. My kids were the only people on the tea cups and the rides in FL were walk on all day long.

rodserling27

The weekend after 9/11 sounds so spooky. A nearly empty MK...wow.

When I was there last May, believe it or not, I thought it was pretty slow. We didn't wait more than 15 to 20 minutes for most of the attractions.

In June of 2008, it wasn't too shabby either. I remember waiting just 15 minutes for the infamous Peter Pan! I've rarely been able to get down to see The Mouse in any season but summer, but I'd really like to go during the fall sometime.

UrbanDonovan

My slowest day was the Saturday after 9/11. My wife and I went to EPCOT and it was dead. Walk-on for every ride. Ate at Akershus for lunch (back when it was a really awesome buffet and not the princess-scam it is today) and we were the only ones in the restaurant. Crazy day. Only time I've been to EPCOT and seen everything in one day.

EaglesfanNJ

CP... Tell you what, my answer would have been 3 years ago, we went Sept 07 and I have never seen the parks that empty. We walked onto majority of rides, i think Pirates at one point was a 20 minute wait and that was our longest of the trip, only because it was a Saturday.

However, we attended our first Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party this past Fall. What everyone one these boards says is true.......After the 1st parade and the fireworks show are through....MOST of the people take their tired kids, and head out of there. Then, during the 2nd parade, the remaining people are lined up for said parade leaving the rest of the park virtually empty. We walked onto Splash, got off, walked on again with nobody else in sight. Same for Pirates, Big Thunder. Monsters Inc maybe 20 of us in the theater.

So to answer your question, the Halloween Party after the 1st parade and the fireworks.

jennc2001

The slowest time for us was September 2006 when they first started offering the free dining. Sept 07 was a bit busier, but still decent and Sept 08 was a little busier, but still not bad. We're going this year, Dec 5-10....anyone ever been at this time? How busy is it? I'm soooo excited to see the Christmas decorations!:xmas:

DisneyCanadian

My GF and I went on our last trip Sept 1-8 of 2008 and the longest we waited for any line as 10-15 mins for RnR. Extended hours were even better, we were able to ride SM or BTM back to back, without having to get off and go back in the line. They let us just stay in the ride vehicle.

BurningSpear

right now. this is the least amount of people i've seen here on any of our trips over the last 8 years. haven't waited more than 40 minutes for anything, and have walked right on to everest, space mountain, rock'n rollercoaster, etc.

ABigBrassBand

Slowest lines for us were Jan. 2010, but of course we had never gone off-season, so that is obviously our fault xP

EDIT: Especially DHS at night, that place was nearly empty!

3fordisney

The slowest for us was November 2001. There was hardly anyone there.

There hasn't been much of a slow time in the past few years. We encounter a good crowd size anytime we go now. A slow time doesn't seem to exist, even with the recession.

TxNewsies

The slowest time for us was September 2006 when they first started offering the free dining. Sept 07 was a bit busier, but still decent and Sept 08 was a little busier, but still not bad. We're going this year, Dec 5-10....anyone ever been at this time? How busy is it? I'm soooo excited to see the Christmas decorations!:xmas:

I'm curious too! We are about to book a trip that exact same week for the first time! It's a dream of ours - A Disney Christmas!

As for the slowest time - first week of Oct 2007. It was our honeymoon and we had no plans when we went. We would decide the night before which park to go to and had no ADR's. We either walked right onto a ride or waited no more than 5-10 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom