Your opinion about running FASTPASS during EMHs

DiPSU224

Wednesday night we hit MGM for EMH and were only able to ride ToT and RnR once in a 3 hour time span because of FP's being used that were given out during the day. The fast pass machines weren't open at the start of EMH. It seemed crazy that in 3 hours we could only get on 2 rides. Now I understand that during an MGM EMH these are the 2 rides everyone goes to, but we've done both of those rides quicker in the past during peak hours.

DSNYKID said:
If it's difficult to get on rides during EMH, then get yourself some Fast Passes for Crips Sakes!

Sure that sounds easy enough, but if you are only arriving at a park at the start of EMH, then you are not given the option to get a FP. Also, on certain rides, like EE, most FP's are gone by mid-day. This doesn't allow you to get a FP for EMH.

I do agree that if used properly, FP can help save time and aggrevation from waiting in long lines, but I do think it increases stand by wait times.

tirian

I enjoy utilizing FP correctly throughout regular days, as long as the CM at the merge point follows the correct ratio.

But I agree that FP machines should be shut down for all of EMH. I've found that very few Guests hoard FPs during day hours for EMH, so if a Guest already has a FP from earlier in the day, I think that he should be allowed to use it. The machines should be shut down about two hours prior to park close and left off throughout all of EMH.

musketeer

bsandersjr said:
That was what I was trying to say.

It just boggles my mind why people think fastpass is some evil creation meant only for bad deeds. I went to Disney in 2002 in the middle of the summer. Very busy. Because of the fast passes, we rarely waited for anything. I will never understand nor agree with someone who insists that the fast pass system is worthless. It is very simple, instead of waiting 2 hours for Ride A, I wait maybe 3 hours for Ride A in a "virtual line" and can see and do so much other stuff (or maybe even nothing but sit and eat ice cream) in that time. Who would rather wait in line for 2 hours? Why would you want to? I agree that some of the lines can be entertaining, but I'd much rather be sitting on a park bench or on another attraction or anything that is better than standing in line. It just makes little sense to me why people still think the fast pass system should be done away with.

tirian

^ Because some people don't remember how truly awful those queues were without FP. The lines were just as long as they are now, folks. They may have seemed to have been moving faster, but that's only because you didn't have FP people running down a queue on the side of you. I vividly remember waiting well over an hour for the Jungle Cruise and other attractions pre-FP. If people choose not to use it, that's their problem. Instructions are posted on practically every brochure WDW makes. FP works well as it is, especially since WDW has shown restraint in using the system. At one time, DL had FP on practically everything. When you read horror stories about how FP made Standby queues significantly longer, you're probably reading about DL, not the MK.

Avenger23

The thing is though, fastpasses are making the lines longer.

Not sure whose lines you speak of...

I just got back from a 10 day trip at the start of May. I used FP a lot when I go. I sacrifice a little bit of backtracking and extra walking over standing in line.

In busy times of the year I grab the Space Mtn. pass and walk over to ride Splash. Or vice versa. I hit a few smaller things on the way back over.

Net result...over the entire trip I didn't wait more than 30 minutes (Soarin) for a single ride in 10 days.

So my lines aren't longer at all...:lookaroun I remember when I went my first time in 1986...the lines were terrible...waiting to go on 20,000 Leagues was a nightmare...I want FP to stay...maybe switch to Universal's system of only hotel guests get them or something if anything needs to change...

As to the EMH...they probably shouldn't be on for that. With only 3 hours it seems like a bit of a waste. Although I did use it for Pan, which I wouldn't have waited 45 minutes for otherwise.

Scooter

I enjoy using fast pass as much as the next guy but I have to agree that they should be shut off during Extra Magical Hours.
They aren't necessary as there are only a limited number of guests during that time.
If I am in Tomorrowland when EMH starts, by the time I get over to Fantasyland and want to take my kids on The Winnie The Pooh attraction, all the fast passes are gone and we get stuck waiting for an hour because of all the Fast Pass traffic.
There would be a smoother line flow if not for FP during EMH.
I've seen the fast pass lines almost as long as the stand-by lines during EMH.
I have never been to EPCOT during EMH but I bet attractions like Soarin are a nightmare during EMH.

DSNYKID

I don't see the lines being any shorter for EMH or otherwise if Fast Pass is tunred off. You still have the same amount of people in the park regardless. Those that used the fast pass would then be blended in the ques waiting to get on rides just like everyone else, and the lines are going to be just as long... maybe longer. Think about it, with no fast passes, people are not going to spend that wait time going on some of he other not-so-thrilling rides. Instead, everybody is going to wait in line for Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and all the other mountains Disney has to offer. Think about the fact that when these people have there fast passes, they are not in the normal stand by line.

I REALLY like the idea of Disney Resort Guests getting exclusive use of Fast Pass!

One more thing, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom and MGM are not the best parks in the WORLD to expect to get on several rides... there arent many rides to choose from.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom