Your most memorable WDW experience

skimbob

My first 1/2 marathon at WDW was my most memorable experience. It was an awesome accomplishment. I also did one at DL to get my Coast to Coast medal. I am going to try for a second by doing the Donald Duck 1/2 in January and the Tinkerbell 1/2 the next weekend at DL.

Mikester71

Great question, but hard to narrow it down to just one or two!

Probably would have to go with my first trip back in 2005. We drove down, like we have every trip since, and I remember seeing a few of the WDW icons coming into view as we got closer to WDW and getting excited like a school boy (I was 35 at the time :lookaroun :lol:). And then to finally drive under the Welcome sign and into our resort for the first time. Then, hitting up MK the next day and finally seeing the Castle for the first time and walking down Main Street and taking it all in. Seeing the monorail drive by and seeing it drive through the Contemporary Resort.

These were all things I had only read about and seen in books and in pictures when I was a kid and here I was, FINALLY, seeing them all with my own eyes. As weird as it sounds, I never thought I would ever see WDW, and now I have been fortunate enough to visit four different times since 2005 with my family. And it never gets old. Can't wait to visit again! :sohappy:

real mad hatter

Thanks Son.

At the end of our two weeks vacation leaving our Disney resort in 2008 our son then aged 10,with tears in his eyes,just blurped out, " thanks for the best holiday of my life ". Of course my DW started crying,which started me off.:cry:

monkeysammich

I was still relatively a new father. My daughter, at 18 months, was having her first trip to Disney. She was already in love with all things Disney, still in that phase between when they grow out of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and into the world of princesses.

We step into the world for the first time as a family and its all overwhelming for her (and us!) We casually stroll down main street, with her pointing out characters and waving and getting autographs. That's when I notice that the stage show is about to start, so we park in front of the stage and wait.

The show began and she let out such a loud squeel of glee waving and blowing kisses to the stage. But then, when the princesses and princes do their waltz... that's when it happened.

She stood up out of my lap and began swaying to the music with a look of such pure joy and innocence.. i lost it. I had tears rolling down my cheeks... the overwhelming feeling that I will always want to get that look from my little girl. I knew from that moment forward, she would have me wrapped around her little finger as a Daddy's Girl... and I wouldn't want it any other way.

jpittore1

swimming

Our first trip with our children ages 5 and 3. Our daughter (5) was crying when we were going towards the airport. I told her not to cry because we'd come back to Disney. She told me she was sad because she didn't get to swim in the hotel pool!?!?!? We did all the character meals and rode all the rides...my husband and I thought we could have saved a lot of money and just stayed in any hotel and let her swim!!

Sharkreef11

I will have to go with proposing to my now wife. I knew I was going to do it in WDW but couldn't figure out where to do it! I had so many ideas and suggestions the options where endless. So on the first day we were walking around epcot and we decided to head back to our resort for the night at the Boardwalk. It was just getting dark and as we were getting closer it started raining. I seized the moment and pulled her into "Sea Breeze Point" (the gazebo on the boardwalk) and dropped down to one knee. It was pefect. It was raining, we were on the boardwalk, everything was light up, and she said yes. :lol:

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
Years ago we lived in Florida, and decided to surprise the boys with a day trip on our younger son's 5th birthday. We just told them we were going for a ride. Both fell asleep within a few miles, and we arrived about 45 minutes later. They both woke up and the older boy asked where we were. The younger one said "We're at Disney, dummy". It was priceless, and we still joke about that today.

At the end of the day, we decided to take the boat back to the TTC, and both of them fell asleep on the deck. We heard multiple languages commenting on that one!

Walt Disney1955

So many to choose from...........

- In 1995 my dad lost his hat on Splash Mountain. In the flash picture he still had it on his head, but at the bottom he was aware he lost it. Sure enough, a couple weeks later Disney mailed it back to him after he reported it. It wasn't a great hat either, it was more like a John Deere hat, but still a funny memory.

- 1991, my mom had to convince me that the Hall of Presidents was done with robotic animatronics. I was that convinced as a 10 year old

- 2009, just seeing my wife's eyes light up and the experience through her first time eyes. Seeing the castle at the end of Main Street first thing in the morning was memorable

GeoDonJac34

This is a tough one, but the one that comes to mind was our first trip. Our son was four. We arrived at ASMovies around five so we just stayed at the resort enjoying the pool and all the surroundings. when we woke up the next morning we asked our son if he was ready to go? Meaning to the parks. He thought we we were going back home. He was upset and said " I don't want to leave Disney". He thought the hotel was Disney.

zaz

Family of the day

Hi,

Back on here as we are doing a last minute trip in a few weeks to Disney. Our best moment ever was 7 years ago. I remember it clearly as it was the night of the Mickey"s Very Own Magical party. We were both dressed shabbily as we were to have stayed in the Park only for a few hours, then go back to our Pop hotel room to rest for the PM before coming back our for the party. I was alone with my oldest daughter which was 7 at the time. She was very shy, and English is a language that, being from Quebec in Canada, she does not speak fluently. On the 4th day of our trip, we still hadn't met Daisy, her all time favorite. So she made that her mission of the day. She asked me in the bus how to say, in English : where I can I meet Daisy today? And she practiced all the way there; and on the way to our first ride. Then, she got her courage up, and asked one of the CMs (I had told her that they sometimes knew where to find characters).

She went and asked. And after giving us the telephone that told us where daisy would be, he asked us if we wanted to be "family of the day". Of course, we accepted. We were then told to go to a special spot to be the parade openers. How special was this moment. My daughter was in the front seat with the driver, while going down before the parade, with our names spelled out on the microphone : Today"s family of the day are Isabelle and Frederique, from Gatineau in Canada. They gave us Mickey Ears with our names on it.

I still cherish the fact that my daughter got her courage together to ask for something she wanted, and got majorly rewarded!!

bluewings

Our 2nd trip to Disney World had 3 pretty cool memories for me. I was chosen to operate the Jungle Cruise boat. I did an excellent job as we made it through safely :) I was was also chosen to be on Superstar Television, I believe it was the Bonanza part?...I was on a horse and tipped my cowboy hat.

The 3rd thing I wonder if anyone here remembers because while I remember it happening I have NO idea where it was at, if it had an official name or what. We were in one of the three (at the time) parks and a Cast Member asked my dad if he wanted to participate in this virtual reality thing. Turns out it was a game based on Aladdin where the 4 (I think) contestants raced to find the 2 scarab parts on a magic carpet. My dad won. This was in 1994.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom