Your Kids and The Barnstormer

alandavid

My son 5 also like Barnstormer but my daughter was 3 but she not like to much. but now we again plain to go again. now my daughter will be 4 in September

jaklgreen

They all protest the first time...and as soon as you get them on it and they complete the ride...'Can we do it again?';)
That is so true. When my youngest was 2 she cried bloody murder waiting for Dumbo(which she had been on before). When we got on she loved it and then started crying because she did not want to get off. LOL That was actually the only time she had any kind of a meltdown at the parks. It is funny now not so much then.

experiment624

My DD was tentative. I swear, excited and then nerves kicked in as we approached. Every time, loved it but often we had multiple chicken exits and it got old. So my DH and I wrote our own 1st timer reward (bribe) for each E ticket my kids rode for the first time. We found the gift shop that was themed to the attraction and they browsed. When we successfully rode the ride they got their 1st timer souvenir and we snapped a picture at the attraction with their souvenir. They knew if they did chicken exit, the offer was still good and the souvenir could be had the next try. More often than not they rode that E attraction and our vacations were better for it cause then they wanted to ride them again.

Thats a great idea. I have to try this with my god-daughter. I like that it's always attainable too so that they never give up. Excellent suggetion, thank you for sharing.

stevehousse

My 5 year old son, was 4 when he went on barnstormer, splash, and big thunder. We are going back in November and hopefully will e tall enough to ride space mountain. The only ride he didn't like was splash because of the big drop at the end.

His first ride on it was very funny because it was me son and wife in one row and a mom teen son and a 4 yet old daughter! Both kids loved the slow parts with the animatronic but whenever a drop occurred they both would cry! The minute the drops were over they would be fine an this was the whole ride! The adults all got the biggest kick out of it!

jkl2000

Original Poster
I posted the original question in this thread. We did something interesting yesterday, which is that we took our sons to a planetarium show - our DS4 hadn't been to one before, so it was interesting to see his how he reacted. He liked it a lot, and was still and attentive through the whole show (which was about 25 minutes and was about the formation and lives of stars). The whole experience, I think, was very much like going to a show at WDW. Just good to see that he was very interested and able to concentrate on the whole thing.

erins3204

My 3 year old rode it and loved it (we rode in the middle of the train) and then went on again with Daddy (last row) and doesn't want to go on it again. If you're weary, sit towards the front! The last row is much faster.

awoogala

My son was fine. At 10, he is now a coaster fiend.
My daughter, at 8, still tells everyone how we "tricked" her into going on that "awful roller coaster" at 4 at Disney.. she is still traumatized and won't go on a kiddie coaster anywhere. She is not a dainty flower by any means- is unafraid of tarantulas, snakes, roaches, insects... but will not ride anything that moves too fast or suddenly at 8 still- in fact, she may be MORE afraid- she doesn't want the teacup to spin fast anymore! Thank goodness for Disney and all the dark rides! ;)
The thing is every child is different, and you need to just watch your kid and see! Good Luck!

doc_holiday3500

As others have said I think he will be at the perfect age. We took my son just after he turned five and he loved it. His favourite part of the trip ended up being when we got to ride it in the rain because everyone waiting in line gave up and we were able to ride it seven times in a row without having to get out of our seats.

This even helped him get onto Big Thunder.

Weather_Lady

Although there aren't any mild attractions similar to the Barnstormer, I would suggest starting with Dumbo. If that's okay, have your child watch the Barnstormer for awhile and decide if he wants to try it...

As for Soarin', a good gateway attraction might be Peter Pan, which also involves being hoisted into the air and tilting around.

My 4 and 6-year-olds absolutely loved every one of those attractions, even though they'd never been on a "ride" in their lives (except for our local shopping mall's carousel) before going to Disney World. I think it helped that we discussed every attraction with them beforehand (e.g., whether it would be dark, what the ride vehicle would look like, what kind of movement there would be, what story we would be told), so they knew what to expect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom