Your hopes for the new "IASW" :)

Expo_Seeker40

Original Poster
As it has been discussed over and over again, so many of us, are looking forward to seeing the new It's A Small World.

Anyways...are there any specific hopes or dreams you wish to see in the new IASW?

I personally hope that not only do I get to see the replicated facade of Disneyland's [which current pictures greatly show :p ], but I hope that they do that chiming of the clock...is it every 15 minutes or half hour where the dolls parade around the clock?

Back last year when IASW closed, it was reported that possibly WDW would get an improved sound system [oh boy now it will get imbedded in our heads ever more], BUT it was also said back then that there was a possibility we too would get the 1964 World's Fair soundtrack, which was eventually brought back to Disneyland a few years ago.

This makes me wonder...with the ride being gutted months ago....could they have altered the boat path and are giving us a fully replicated Disneyland ride experience, including the facade? :confused:

Lauriebar

I hope that the piece of chewed gum that has been sitting right underneath the Hawaiian dancers for the last four years is gone!!:lol:

Seriously, I hope the attraction looks refreshed but still contains the wonderfully kitchy IASW feeling I have known and loved for so many years.

The_CEO

So with the new sound system we can hear the music better?...... I think it's fine the way it is!!! :lol:

KevinPage

I my hopes in random order are:

1 - more "eye popping" exterior

2 - improved looking & atmospheric load & unload queue

3 - completely fresh feeling to all the scenes (paint, sound, movements)

4 - they don't remove any of the body hair on "Boomerang Boy"

Bluewaves

the song isn't that bad, listening to it on speakers that must have been blown or destroyed years ago and it sounding like its being played through the lid of a garbage can that is annoying , a new sound system and a cleaner recording of that catchy tune will be fine for me. Oh and the lack of the mildew smell, lol.

Legacy said:
My hopes for the new ride?

No more song.

:D

Sorry, but is that what you really want??? I certainly wouldn't want to be stuck in a boat with hundreds of moving dolls staring down at you in total silence! I think I would need therapy afterwards!:lookaroun

Legacy

Beany-Fantasmic said:
Sorry, but is that what you really want??? I certainly wouldn't want to be stuck in a boat with hundreds of moving dolls staring down at you in total silence! I think I would need therapy afterwards!:lookaroun
Good point. Never mind no song... I want a gregorian chant to replace it.

Now THAT would be freaky.

KevinPage

Legacy said:
Good point. Never mind no song... I want a gregorian chant to replace it.

Now THAT would be freaky.

Yeah Duel of the Fates from The Phantom Menace. Dim the lights a little bit, add a few red colored eyeballs and they'll need to install bag bags for your "other end"

(ie - you'll be scared, for those who couldn't follow my delusional train of thought)

:fork: :fork: :fork:

dr_teeth90210

The lighting is soooooo much better at the disneyland version. It gives it more of a classic feel like Peter Pan.

I also hope they do something with that drop down ceiling. It just makes you feel as if your riding through a warehouse....

So paint the ceiling black and dim down the lights some and add more colorful lighting to the sets.

shoppingnut

I agreed that if the dolls were not singing and just staring at you, it would indeed be freaky. I'd be waiting for Chuckie to jump out and would most definitely need therapy which they could (and would need to) open a place right there in the old skyway building. I don't mind the singing, it doesn't bother me, I just focus on the various dolls and look for my favorite things in there.

MagicMan17

As much as I try to remind myself that IASW is a ride for the kids, it would still be nice to have something in it for the adults...like reclining seats and pillows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom