Your First Trip To Walt Disney World!

What age were you when you first went to WDW? (pick your age range)

• 0-4

Votes: 56 23.7%
  • 5-10

Votes: 65 27.5%
  • 11-15

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • 16-20

Votes: 23 9.7%
  • 21-25

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • 41-45

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 46-50

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 50+

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

LPK

Original Poster
How old were you when you went to WDW for the first time?

Also, what is the best experience you have ever had there?

Pippa

It was 1998, I was 24 and I celebrated my 25th birthday during the trip.

By far and away (amongst many other wonderful memories of WDW) the best experience was on my 27th birthday(I always seem to be at WDW for my birthday) when my now DH proposed at the Adventurers Club.

This year I will be celebrating my 33rd birthday at WDW!!!!

littlered

My first trip I was 21 and it was honeymoon, its hard to beleive that was almost 14 years ago.

But my most memorable trip was when we took my two youngest brothers in Sept. 2003. They were 15 and 17 at the time and we had the most awesome character experiences, Curella commented my brothers on their hair and of course that was a big deal to them. Chip and Dale at Chef Mickey's were so much fun the pictures we have of them with the boys are amazing.

jim1051

best

Best experience was thanksgiving 2000. We took our 3 sons and their wives/fiances. This was our first trip as dvc members and our first time all of us were on vacation together since 1989.

Edeyore

My first trip to WDW was in October of 1986. I was 26, (figure it out.), and had just gotten married. We were staying in Clearwater and made the drive over.

Disnut

My best trip is a toss up between the summer of 02 and the summer of 05. June of 02 my whole family (7) was there and that is when the magic really hit us. Then this past summer I got to go on the spur of the moment thing and stay in the Comtemporary Resort. It was wonderful for me since I had never stay on site before.

Glasgow

I was 4 during my first trip from Scotland -- we came to visit my Aunt so WDW was basically the first place we visited in the USA. Pretty cool! :) Shortly thereafter we came to live in the States

Rachael83

My first trip to WDW was on my 5th birthday in '88. At the time I was still a little English girl (moved to the states when I was 8) and it's one of my first real memories. My sister was 3 at the time and just an inch or two too short to ride BTMR but really wanted to ride so my mom put a hat on her and poofed it up so she would look tall enough. Obviously that didn't fool the CM's measuring her, but they leaned over and asked her if she wanted to ride (with my mom crossing her fingers for a positive answer) and she nodded and the CM let her ride!:sohappy:

My best experience was the 7 months I spent as a CP working custodial in WS. I got to work in every country around the 'world' and got to deal with some wonderful guests who got angry when I didn't speak the native language of the country who's comodes I was cleaning at the time :brick:

Reccyman

My family and I travelled across the pond to visit WDW resort for the first time in July 2003. How can you describe the first time you walk under the arches onto Main Street??

The thing I will remember for the rest of my life, was the look on a little kids face standing with his parents, mouth wide open, eyes bulging. I didn't know who the family was, but the magic and wonderment in his eyes was amazing.

This must happen to people from all around the world every day!

GoofyMom2

I was about 4 for our first trip to WDW....Space Mountain was still being built!

Best trip? All were wonderful but the one we just got back from was extra special. We had a lot of Magical Moments during the trip.

Ringo8n24

1978 when I was 8. We stayed at a dump of a motel called The Wonderland Motel in Kissimmee. I swore even when I was that small that I would never stay in dumps like once I got old enough to pay for myself. My dad is still in that cheap motel mode and refuses to pay to stay on property. Next time they go, I am going to help them out money-wise so they can stay on property and get a "real" hotel experience.

Best trip? I would have to say when we took our little girl for the first time. She was 18 mos old in 2003 and we stayed at WL. It was so nice being close to everything when we had a little one with us and seeing her reactions for the first time was awesome.

DisneyFanLS

Best Experience

Definitely getting engaged right in front of Cinderella's Castle....I had already decided that that was where I wanted to do it, and she had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA that I was going to ask her....well, we had walked around the MK ALL day and we were sitting in Adventureland, when I said to her that I wanted to go back over to the castle to get some video footage....well, she rolled her eyes (because I could tell she was tired)...and she even said that she was too tired to walk "ALL the way back over there"....so we walked back over to the castle. I was standing there looking for someone I could get to video the event for me, when I saw this very nice looking older couple come through the castleway. I told them that I was about to propose to my girlfriend, and that she had NO IDEA what I was about to do, and asked the lady if she would videotape it for me......she agreed, and I walked back over to my (then) girlfriend and was pretending to pose for some video......and I reached in my pocket, took out the ring (which I had carried around ALL day long), and got down on one knee...well the rest as they say is history....I was on my knee for a little while because I had some things that I wanted to say before I actually asked THE question, so a bit of a crowd had gathered around when she finally said yes :kiss: .....well, everyone that was standing around began to applaud and hug us and congratulate us, etc.....after that, I asked her if she was still "too tired" to walk back over now?? She just grinned big and smacked me on my arm....

And by the way.......we also honeymooned there a year later!!!! :animwink: :sohappy:

DisneyFanLS

Reccyman said:
The thing I will remember for the rest of my life, was the look on a little kids face standing with his parents, mouth wide open, eyes bulging. I didn't know who the family was, but the magic and wonderment in his eyes was amazing.

This must happen to people from all around the world every day!

That's one of the things I love most about WDW.....it's watching the kids faces when they FIRST enter Magic Kingdom.....we don't have any children, so watching others is half the fun to me!!!!

Ryoseth

the first time i ever went to Disney World was as a CP. -_-, but it was STILL awsome. i remember always seeing things on tv, and looking at "the big golf ball", ^_^ and then when i got there, i remember looking at Spaceship Earth, and getting all excited. walking around the park with ym Discovery team was a blast! i came back the very next day when i had it off. it was AWSOME!
~
and then my first time at MK, was astounding !_!, it felt so cool to look at the Cinderella castle and go on the teacups! ^.^

SarahBella82

First trip was April 1992.

Most memorable... May 2004. I gave myself, as a college graduation gift, a trip to Florida to visit my sister. She and I had a blast. We knew every nook and cranny of the parks (Epcot, MK) we visited, but we got to take our time and drink it in. Sometimes it's as simple as the company you keep, and I'm excited to repeat our adventure this May as well.

DiPSU224

My first trip was with my family when I was 7. I don't remember anything about it except going to the Hoop-de-doo. The videos are really funny to watch though.
But, my best trip has to be our engagement trip in November 2004. My dream of being proposed to at the castle came true. Honeymoon in 41 days! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom