Your First Day When you Arrive at your Resort!

real mad hatter

So Iam curious to what you do when you finally book into your resort the first day or night,depending when you arrive.We arrive around 4.00pm,all going to plan flight wise.So it's off to MK for Haunted Mansion and then something to eat at CHH then just spend that first night strolling around and take in "Wishes". Do you have a plan of strategy that first day/night? Also is there something you always do as a family tradition that first day/night.:)

jlsHouston

well we try to arrive early and then whatever park we have decided to do that first day since we don't buy the park hopper option we just immediately head to the park, well actually in April we went to the pool for an hour so my daughter could sleep a little since she had worked graveyard shift at the hospital the night before. Then we headed to the park... we either start with MK or Epcot on day 1 if we arrive on a Fri/Sat/Sun it is MK first, all other days of arrival we start with Epcot

Upvote 0

Daddymouse

After arriving at the resort and checking in, we usually get some lunch and then head to EPCOT to begin our trek around the world. We go to EPCOT because we think it is easier to begin there because the park doesn't seem too crowded as compared to the MK or DHS. Mostly we just take our time immersing ourselves into the Magic Bubble.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Here is my day 1 coming up:
arrive Thursday about 10:30 am via Magical Express:D
maybe we can check in at BC;)
head to Epcot and have lunch, browse the world, ride soaring:p
maybe go back to resort early eve and check in/visit stormalong bay pool:)
head back to Epcot for me eat at LaHacienda de San Angel and hopefully get a good seat for viewing Wishes ;) while DD, DGD, DGS, go for late dinner at 1900 Park Fare:)
Go back to resort, get cab to pick up other DD flying in on late flight and stop at Wally World for supplies:)
Hopefully sleep by or before midnite since I booked ADR for 8:30 am the following morning and it is our long day with EMH at MK:D

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Driving usually puts us arriving very late. After getting out of car and kissing the pavement we drop off the luggage at our room. Our tradition is to head to the resort food court, get an ice cream nightcap, and wonder through the gift shops. Being surrounded by all that wonderful Disney consumerism is good for the soul and really signifies our trip has officially started.

I love the kissing the pavement phrase !

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Okay. Here's how a typical day goes when flying from Sacramento, CA. (Assuming a 6-7:00 a.m. flight)

Get up at 3:00 a.m. pst. Leave home about 3:30-3:45 a.m. and drive the 65 +/- miles to the airport arriving about 4:45 a.m. Depart SMF about 6-7:00 a.m. and fly 2 hrs to DEN arriving 9-9:30 mst. Layover of approx 1-1.5 hrs, then fly 3.5-4 hrs to MCO. Arrive MCO around 5:00 p.m est +/-. Gather bags and go over to DME for the ride to the world. Arrive WDW around 6-7:00 p.m., check in, then hop a bus to DHS, and stretch the legs with a walk over to the Boardwalk area. Have a beer or three (and a cheeseburger) at Big River Grille. By now it's about 9:00 p.m. est (6:00 p.m. pst) and we've only been at it for 15-16 hrs. We still wander the boardwalk/Beach & Yacht clubs, have to hop a bus to Downtown Disney and transfer to our hotel. By now it's 11:00 p.m. est and we've been at it for about 17-18 hrs. I'm tired just thinking about it!

65 mile drive to Sac ? You know where Chico is ?

Upvote 0

Plowboy

65 mile drive to Sac ? You know where Chico is ?

You bet. What is it, about 80-90 miles? Wish they still had the hotel on property at SMF. Even though it was sort of a dump we used it more than once. Maybe they'll build a new one. We're about 65 miles SE of Sacramento and for me the worst part of the trip is getting up at 2:30 -3:00 am for the 6:00 am flight.

Upvote 0

powlessfamily4

We fly in the night before and take the Magical Express to our resort. We check in and head to DTD for dinner at Wolfgangs. Then we go back to the resort and get a good nights sleep. We are front and center at MK rope drop the next morning. :)

Upvote 0

SulleyanBoo

We drive over since we live in FL and usually get there at 3 but sometimes we are so anxious and excited that we end up getting there a little early sometimes lol and its great when they have our room ready but if not we will go to DTD or grab a bite to eat. We unpack, then always go straight to MK for a few quick favorites, wishes then back to the hotel for the pool and drinks :) Oh. How I wish I was checking in today. :(

Upvote 0

ppodangel

We are arriving around 4pm too, depending on the flight so we will probably just have a wander round OKW then pop over to DTD for something to eat then call it a night as I think we will all have been up for around 24 hours by then! :)

Upvote 0

acrab3t

We aim to arrive at the resort around noon (fly from Houston). Then we head off to EPCOT and eat dinner at Le Cellier (our favorite). Illuminations is the perfect end of our first evening. This sets mood for the rest of the vacation.

Upvote 0

Sunshineglow68

The first day we arrive we should get to WL by 11am and I'm planning on checking in and checking out the resort since we've never stayed there. Then maybe rent bikes and take a ride over to Fort Wilderness and then to DHS for an early dinner and stroll around the park until 11pm when it closes.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom