Your First Bite!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Ok,curious as ever.When you arrive at WDW,do you have a tradition in what your first meal is and drink? Wither it's just a snack or that big steak. Coming from UK when I arrive it's a refill of Root beer in the food court that makes me feel Iam here,then this is where it gets cheesy,but a hot dog and fries at Casey's on the first night,just staring up at the castle again brings it home that we've arrived at the most magical place on Earth.:sohappy:

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Ok,curious as ever.When you arrive at WDW,do you have a tradition in what your first meal is and drink? Wither it's just a snack or that big steak. Coming from UK when I arrive it's a refill of Root beer in the food court that makes me feel Iam here,then this is where it gets cheesy,but a hot dog and fries at Casey's on the first night,just staring up at the castle again brings it home that we've arrived at the most magical place on Earth.:sohappy:

3 For me!!

1) First morning - Crystal Palace Breakfast! Love it, it has become tradition! ADR before park opens, a great breakfast and off to AdventureLand :sohappy:

2) The classic, Hot dog, fries & Fountain coke from Casey's! It speaks for itself!

3) The Carl Combo (aka Golden) at Rose & Crown on first day at Epcot :slurp:

coltow

Fot us we don't normally plan meals for our travel day just in case something happens. We always go to MK for our first full day and eat at Liberty Tree Tavern. MK is also our last full day and we always end that day with dinner in the castle as our sort of send off.

BamaDisneyFan

My family ( DH and DD) and I always stay at the Wilderness Lodge. In 2009 and 2011 on our arrival day, we stay at the Lodge and we eat at the Whispering Canyon. In 2009, we stayed around the Lodge and explored. In 2011 we went to the Boardwalk. Our first full day is at Magic Kingdom, and we eat at Liberty Tree Tavern. We usually ate at Mama Melrose at HS, but in 2011 it was ok. We tried Le Cellier while at Epcot, however the food was delicious, but not worth 2 Table Credits. The service was awful. We also at O'Hana's and Cape May Cafe, they were wonderful. I can't wait for our trip in 2013. I'm already picking my new dining places. :sohappy:

Sans Souci

It happened without us really noticing it, but we always have our first meal at the Tangierine Cafe. I love sitting outside by the fountain. I always get the Vegetable Platter and a Diet Coke. :)

Minnie1976

It isn't the 1st bite, but a must for my husband is breakfast at Kong Cafe. The last trip we arrived between 12 and 1 p.m., and I had planned for us to eat at Columbia Harbor House. Of course I love to go to the MK first just to walk down Main St. and know I'm home.

Pooh Lover

We start with either a frantic lunch at Cosmic Ray's or Sunshine Seasons, depending on what park we decide on. For dinner, we always try for Ohana.

mickey2008.1

For me after all the traveling and checking in and going to hess for snacks, water, and pop, it's cracking open that first beer. As for first thing to eat, it's always salt water taffy in MK.

jlevis

I had to think about this for a bit. We really don't have a must do first meal. We do eat a Fultons on every trip, either lunch or dinner. Rainforest Cafe and Liberty Tree Tavern are always stops, too. There are so many good places to eat plus we do breakfast in our villa and we eat a number of dinners there.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
3 For me!!

1) First morning - Crystal Palace Breakfast! Love it, it has become tradition! ADR before park opens, a great breakfast and off to AdventureLand :sohappy:

2) The classic, Hot dog, fries & Fountain coke from Casey's! It speaks for itself!

3) The Carl Combo (aka Golden) at Rose & Crown on first day at Epcot :slurp:

What is a carl combo?

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
What is a carl combo?

Oh man its good!

It is a mix of Stella Artois & Bass :slurp:

It is listed as Golden on the menu but has been named the Carl Combo by Rose & Crown regulars as Carl was instrumental in bringing Stella back to the pub after Harp replaced it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom