Your favourite tradition when you arrive at WDW.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Maybe it's because I dont stay in Florida that I take these things for granted.But when we arrive on vacation,the first thing I do is fill up my refillable at the food court with Root Beer and sit down to pancakes drizzled with maple syrup[bless you Canada] We stroll down to the rivers edge of the Sassagoula[staying at PORS] and take a deep breath,the air is filled with sweet magnolias and orange blossom.We love to wander the parks with a bag of fresh popcorn,but our all time favourite is early in the morning at MK just as the bakery is opening on Main Street USA,no way can we pass without going in for a warm cinnamon roll.These things make us at home in WDW. Do you have traditions when you arrive?and do you take these things for granted?:wave:

Choodles

Not really a tradition but my favorite part every time is entering MK and the anticipation of coming around the bend to see the castle for the first time!

bennyw01

Goto Perkins and grab a ham steak, hashbrowns, scrambled eggs and a stack of pancakes! then head to Publix and fill the fridge with tequila and Arizona Grape :cool:

Tradition

Maybe goto Animal Kingdom the day after via D-Street on the way home to increase the collection

powlessfamily4

We always get our refillable mug first and then hop a bus to MK. I always tear up when I see the castle so in all of our castle pictures I am wearing sunglasss LOL. There is nothing like walking down main street headed straight for the castle. Once I walk through the castle I feel at home and like my trip has started.

5 more DAYS!!!!!!!! .... Home sweet home.....

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Eh,Scratch Ma Heid!

Goto Perkins and grab a ham steak, hashbrowns, scrambled eggs and a stack of pancakes! then head to Publix and fill the fridge with tequila and Arizona Grape :cool:

Tradition

Maybe goto Animal Kingdom the day after via D-Street on the way home to increase the collection

Ok,You got me,Goto Perkins? head to Publix? D-Street? iam missing something here,or have I landed in the wrong State?:wave:

bgraham34

We don't have a typical tradition when arriving. Most of the time we arrive at night so there is nothing to do except go to bed.

bdearl41

I usually arrive late afternoon, nine hour drive from home. I usually dont go to the park when arriving, usually dinner at Downtown Disney, stroll the shops for an hour, then off to swim in the pool and have drinks.

disney magic 06

We unpack and shower as soon as we get to our resort, then go to get our refillable mugs. Depending on where we are staying we go to Downtown Disney for drinks overlooking the lake then Earl of Sandwich or Magic Kingdom - this year to Crystal Palace.

8 weeks on Sunday!!!!!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Not for us!

Disney must be making a killing on these refillable mugs.

Well they make cool souvineers,however this year there FREE !Yep,you read it right,Free mugs,Free dining,Free champagne on flight,Free flight food,Free limo transfer from Sanford to WDW.Oh and the exchange rate is awesome.Here's to Scotlands independence.:sohappy:

UPbeekeeper

real mad hatter, you always start the best threads. :wave: I always look forward to reading your questions. Even when I don't answer publicly, they always make me think about all my favorite WDW things, so that makes me happy.

Mr_Incredible

Considering my family is from Florida but now living in Charlotte NC, first thing we do is get a publix sub (we miss them)

Then its load luggage to our room, walk to the pool, go swimming, get drinks, then either do one of 2 things.....

Lay in the bed, relax, soak in being at Disney watching the resort shows.

OR

Take a bus to DTD walk around world of Disney, get a drink, take our son to lego store, enjoy the scenery etc.

I can't wait! 198 days!!!!!!!!!!

SulleyanBoo

We normally always go to MK first and ALWAYS go on TTA. my fiance and I have been doing this for a few years.

One day, we might try going left into Adventureland instead of Tomorrowland..but probably not. It wouldn't feel right :lol:

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Cheers!

real mad hatter, you always start the best threads. :wave: I always look forward to reading your questions. Even when I don't answer publicly, they always make me think about all my favorite WDW things, so that makes me happy.

Well thank you,your very welcome.There's always something new I learn on this super duper site.Also it's great to meet so many Disney fans from all over USA and Canada,oh and UK,eh Ireland,aye Scotland too.:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom