Your Favorites

Erin_Akey

Here are the things we NEVER miss on a trip:

1. buying my Laila perfume from Norway.....a bottle lasts me right at a year so I get my refill each trip.

2. stopping in France at the kiosk with the Grey Goose lemon slush and the GRand Marnier orange slush and just people watching while we drink one.

3. The Hoop de Doo Review- this by far is the best dinner show in WDW and great for the whole family.

4. Walking through the gardens in Canada where the waterfall is and dining at Le Cellier

5. Checking out each resort on the monorail system and usually a meal at Contemp and Grand Floridian

6. Dinner at Boma- amazing atmosphere and food is wonderful

7. Since we go at Christmas almost every year- going to see the Osbourne lights on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day and letting the kids enjoy the "snow". (We live right on the Gulf of Mexico and at the beach so snow is a big deal)

8. Family bonding places- Festival of the Lion King Show, Wishes Parade, strolling through the countries looking for anything neat or different in the shops, walking the Exploration TRail at AK.

Mommy- Daddy special places- Petals Pool Bar whilst the kids swim, wine tasting in Germany, and date night ( our kids are older, 8-16 so one evening we go to dinner alone while the kids stay at the hotel arcade, pool etc. with the 16 yr old.) Fave date place is either Le Cellier, or California Grill.

:xmas:

JESPOOH

In Epcot I like to get the chips (french fries) from England. I also love the cupcakes in the Magic Kingdom bakery and of course on hot days a nice coke icee.

November Girl

There's so many, but here we go:

1. Hot donuts at Typhoon Lagoon
2. The fun-ness of RocknRoller Coaster
3. Soft pillows in a deluxe resort
4. Every second of the Haunted Mansion
5. Giant buffet breakfast with giant piglet

Raychul

1. Chef Mickey
2. Sci-Fi Dine In
3. Fireworks at MK
4. Picture in front of the Walt & Mickey statue with whoever I am there with to always remember that trip by.

Disneykidder

So many as well...so many wonderful memories...ice cream at MS Bakery, monorail hopping (yeah, sitting in the front is cool), resort meals, always Chef Mickey's on first night, lemonade slush in DHS, hubby also enjoys a beer from Germany in a stein, world showcase strolling/shopping, DTD shopping, the Emporium, swimming in resort pool after a long day at the parks, picture spots like the castle and topiaries (ususally take 2 memory cards but I just bought a 4gb so it holds 1100 pics!!) and the number one thing I love...being a kid trapped in a grown-ups body.:)

Every trip offers new experiences as well as the familiar. I love every minute of it!!:sohappy:

BiggerTigger

I want to add my must do,

Finding a rocking chair and just relax. There are (or were) some in Liberty Square, on Tom Sawyer Island, and at the Animal Kingdom Lodge on the open balcony overlooking the "savanah". Talk about a relaxing way to just slowdown.

My husband has to get a chocolate or three from the German Pavillion and then heads right across the square to get a German Beer.. I know it isn't the best combination of food and drink but two of my hubby's favourite things...

WLnTR

Resort hopping on a free day...

Take advantage of that free Disney transportation and visit some of their stunning resorts on property. I particularly like the grand lobbies in WL and AKL.

NiarrNDisney

Everytime I go to WDW I always tour the Resorts, especially the Boardwalk resort area, there is so much to do and see. I always stop at the Boardwalk Bakery after diner get a coffee and wander down to the International Gateway and catch the fireworks of Illuminations. I also love to have a drink and watch the Geyser at Wilderness Lodge, then a short boat ride around Bay Lake or Seven Sea Lagoon. As for shopping The World of Disney in DTD, Disney Days of Christmas also in DTD, Villains in Vogue in DHS, Mousegears in Future World and Mitsukoshi department store in Japan (Both in Epcot) are all "must do's". Oh Shopping best past time ever:sohappy:

sarabi

Let me preface by saying please dont' try to do everything we suggest. You will become overwhelmed and exhausted. Instead, discover it for yoursevles... you will find your own favorites.

That said, my favorites are....

Store: Sid Cuenda's at MGM. Lots of treasures in here... so unlike a theme park store. There's cast costumes and actual movie props and signed posters for sale.
I also like to go to MouseGears (It's HUGE) and World of Disney at Downtown Disney (It's HUGER!!!) because you can esstentially get all your Disney souveniers between these two places.

My favorite thing to do aside from attractions: is walk the path in Animal Kingdom that connects with the exit to 'It's Tough To Be a Bug'. It goes along the river behind the Tree of Life from just before the Africa bridge to just before the Asia bridge. It's quiet back here with stunning views of the Tree of Life. I love to walk it as sunrise or sunset because the multiple waterfalls play nicely with the golden sun.
Runner up on this is exploring the various countries in World Showcase... particularly the garden in Japan and the buildings way in the back of Morocco.

Cubs Brian

We always do Hoop- De -Doo and at least once per trip regardless of which resort we're staying at, we stop by Sassagoula's at POFQ for some beignets and chicory coffee. Can't find that stuff up north here.:(

shurst

Reading all this makes it hard not being there!!! We have been 4 times since 2004 so i think that is our #1 tradtition!! We normally eat at Rainforest Cafe during every trip....love the Raging Thunder buffalo wings.
Besides the norm with the parks we also find ourselves at DTD alot. The enviroment is always nice to be in after a funfilled day at the parks.

silverboyd

so many "must-do's" on every trip for my wife and I:

-Dole Whip (just me...my wife is allergic to pineapple)
-Turkey Leg from Frontierland and sitting down to people watch
-Mickey-shaped rice krispy trip with ears dipped in chocolate to eat on the monorail when making the evening trek back to the Magic Kingdom TTC
-a long monorail ride to EPCOT from the TTC
-walking around World Showcase starting @ Canada
-walk up to the top of the train station and take an overlooking view of Main Street before walking down it
-must visit the Art of Disney @ DTD...perhaps one day i'll actually buy something
-walking around the resort (late @ night after everyone is sleeping or early in the morning) it's always so quiet and peaceful either after a busy day or early enough before the buses start rolling around

...this trip...my wife and I are going to add something else by enjoying a [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grand Marnier Orange Slush and a[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grey Goose Citron Lemonade Slush from a kiosk @ the France pavilion. they sound so delicious. :ROFLOL:[/FONT]

DivineMadness7

so many "must-do's" on every trip for my wife and I:

-Dole Whip (just me...my wife is allergic to pineapple)
-Turkey Leg from Frontierland and sitting down to people watch
-Mickey-shaped rice krispy trip with ears dipped in chocolate to eat on the monorail when making the evening trek back to the Magic Kingdom TTC
-a long monorail ride to EPCOT from the TTC
-walking around World Showcase starting @ Canada
-walk up to the top of the train station and take an overlooking view of Main Street before walking down it
-must visit the Art of Disney @ DTD...perhaps one day i'll actually buy something
-walking around the resort (late @ night after everyone is sleeping or early in the morning) it's always so quiet and peaceful either after a busy day or early enough before the buses start rolling around

...this trip...my wife and I are going to add something else by enjoying a [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grand Marnier Orange Slush and a[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grey Goose Citron Lemonade Slush from a kiosk @ the France pavilion. they sound so delicious. :ROFLOL:[/FONT]

We're twins! Except I like to start WS in Mexico...:lol: Allergic to pineapple?! oh heavens! I can't imagine. She should try the vanilla. My mom dislikes pineapple (I don't understand her) and swears by the vanilla. Just plain, not in a float or anything. I always buy the postcards in the Art of Disney store....it gets me my "fix" but at a lower price. I take them home, put them with a nice matte and frame...inexpensive disney art! Oh and you won't regret those Grand Marnier and Grey Goose slushes....though your wallet might!

DivineMadness7

For me it's the smallest thing. Every trip DH and I have taken (even before we were married) we always get our picture taken on the Liberty Square Bridge (the one that getting fixed). We have included DS too and this year with be youngest son's first trip and first picture there. I have all these framed and in my living room. It's funny to see the changes in people but not scenery. We are lucky that the fist few days we are there this year the bridge will be open. I was getting nervous that I couldn't get my picture, but I will.

My family used to do this with the Adventureland sign. Not the overhead sign, the one that was in a planter, under a tree, to the right of the Adventureland entrance. My parents first had the picture taken there on their first trip, before they were married. We have several of my brother and I over the years. When my parents went there for their 25th anniversary, they had one taken. Then a few years ago, it mysteriously disappeared. :shrug: I mentioned it to an Adventureland CM and she seemed to have no idea what I was talking about...it's just a silly little sign, but it had a lot of nostalgia for my family.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom