Your favorite unlisted attractions/shows

tnemgif

Original Poster
Hi, it's my first real time to Disneyland on August 5th and I'm getting to the "overloaded with excitement" phase. I just had a few more questions now that I've been looking around for information.

1) I was just wondering if anyone wanted to share some of the unlisted/unadvertised attractions and shows at Disneyland. At WDW there is the Magic Kingdom welcome show (do they have something like this at Disneyland?) and some of the Epcot entertainment. Are there any unlisted attractions or whatnot at the Disneyland Resort that you really enjoy? I want to know of anything, such as the attractions on "Pirate" Island and any sort of show/streetmosphere.

2) What is the "Courtyard of Angels" and where can I find it?

3) Is Disneyland about the same size as the Magic Kingdom (in actual land area), or do the paths seem more cramped and rides closer together?

4) Are the parks crowded past 10 PM? I know WDW parks get really crowded when they are open late because people from the other parks pour into the one park that is open late. Is this the case for Disneyland?

5) I know I once heard that the caves on Tom Sawyer Island were going to be closed because they were dangerous. Is this true?

Thank you so much for all your help. I have so many questions but everyone here is always so helpful and has really made my first trip to Disneyland easier and more special than I could have imagined.
Thanks!

nemofinder22

1) I was just wondering if anyone wanted to share some of the unlisted/unadvertised attractions and shows at Disneyland. At WDW there is the Magic Kingdom welcome show (do they have something like this at Disneyland?) and some of the Epcot entertainment. Are there any unlisted attractions or whatnot at the Disneyland Resort that you really enjoy? I want to know of anything, such as the attractions on "Pirate" Island and any sort of show/streetmosphere.

Briberrys videos are wonderful and worth to check out. They show all kinds of neat character interactions in the form of mini shows arounds Main Street and at the train station.
http://www.youtube.com/user/briberry?ob=1http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=325265

There is no "Welcome Show" but they do an opening accouncment and play the "Welcome" song that pretty much does the same trick.

2) What is the "Courtyard of Angels" and where can I find it?

The Courtyard of Angels is a very nice spot in NOS its a courtyard that has a set of stairs that leads to the Club 33 kitchen I think, you can walk up them but then theres a gate blocking the rest. Its located in the back a bit and almost passable if your not looking for it. Just wonder around NOS for a bit and you cant miss it.

3) Is Disneyland about the same size as the Magic Kingdom (in actual land area), or do the paths seem more cramped and rides closer together?

DL is much smaller than MK but packs in the punch. The paths are smaller but everything fits perfectly with in DL.

4) Are the parks crowded past 10 PM? I know WDW parks get really crowded when they are open late because people from the other parks pour into the one park that is open late. Is this the case for Disneyland?

I think its hard to say sometimes it is sometimes not so bad, usually after "Remember" the crowds die out a bit.

5) I know I once heard that the caves on Tom Sawyer Island were going to be closed because they were dangerous. Is this true?

No the caves are open and very fun once again.Pirates Lair is a huge improvment over the old and boring Tom Sawyer Island. Theres lots to do and caves are open with some neat surprises same goes for other parts near the bridges. The Fort is closed though.

Thank you so much for all your help. I have so many questions but everyone here is always so helpful and has really made my first trip to Disneyland easier and more special than I could have imagined.
Thanks!

Hope you have a great trip!!! Im sure there will be others on here to add much more.

tnemgif

Original Poster
Thanks again! If anyone has any more comments for my first question, they would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Nicole220

I like the little show they put on outside of the Golden Horseshoe. The bootstrappers sing on Pirate's Lair throughout the day. Um...that's all I can think of for now.

tnemgif

Original Poster
Thanks Nicole! Do they still have a Mary Poppins show near the hub? I was watching some videos and ran across a neat looking show.

Nicole220

Thanks Nicole! Do they still have a Mary Poppins show near the hub? I was watching some videos and ran across a neat looking show.
Ah! Yes, they do! I knew I was forgetting something. :lol:

To add onto the Alice and Mad Hatter comment from above...they play musical chairs outside of Coke Corner at 2 pm most days. I have yet to catch it, but one day I'd like to.

nemofinder22

A few smaller attractions that I dont think get enough prise are both Casey Jr. and Storybook Land, both small simple attractions but lots of fun.

nemofinder22

Welcome :) Thought of a few more

Dapper Dans, Disneyland Band, Straw hat Strutters, Pearly Band, Firehouse band(forget the real name) on Main Street

NOS- has Jambalaya Jazz Band & Queenie, and a few more street performers that are found throught the streets.

Fronterland- has the Mayor show in front of the Golden Horseshoe as well as the Billy Hill and the Hillbillies inside on the stage( I think there listed in the Times Guide)

Pirates Lair has the Pirate Band and they are always entertaining

TL- has the Tomorrowland Terrace with Jedi Training as well as some pretty good cover bands at night lately though it seems to only be on Fri- Sun. Trash Can Trio is found in TL too, there always a great watch.

TP2000

TL- has the Tomorrowland Terrace with Jedi Training as well as some pretty good cover bands at night lately though it seems to only be on Fri- Sun. Trash Can Trio is found in TL too, there always a great watch.

Dancing is nightly this summer at Tomorrowland Terrace. Rock bands perform 7 nights a week through Labor Day weekend.

Over near the Castle, it's the swing dancing to whichever orchestra is being featured that weekend that is just Friday and Saturday only at Carnation Plaza Gardens.

But Tomorrowland Terrace has nightly live music and dancing this summer. And on a Friday or Saturday you can take your pick with your dance partner, Rock N' Roll at Tomorrowland Terrace or Big Band Swing at Plaza Gardens.

tnemgif

Original Poster
Awesome! Thanks again for all the great tips, I'm really looking forward to seeing/hearing the Dapper Dans. I know the one Dapper Dan (the baritone I think?) Performs all the voice-overs and such at the Disney parks, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom