Your Favorite Disney Decade

TheBeatles

Original Poster
I was just wondering what decade of the Walt Disney parks is your favorite. From the 1950s until now, which of these decades do you think was a shinning moment in Walt Disney theme park history.

Ciciwoowoo

My favorite decade for WDW is the 80's. It was still small, but EPCOT and MGM both opened in the 80's.

I'm a Gen X'er though, and I think I like all things 80's! I mean, how can you possibly beat Captain Eo? The original JII?

DDuck1974

Ciciwoowoo said:
My favorite decade for WDW is the 80's. It was still small, but EPCOT and MGM both opened in the 80's.

I'm a Gen X'er though, and I think I like all things 80's! I mean, how can you possibly beat Captain Eo? The original JII?

The 80s rocked, the reasons above are right on, and my first trip to the World was in 1984. But I still have to go with the 90s. Everything for me is trumped by the fact that my wife and I got engaged at MK in 1997 (in front of Cinderella's Wishing Well) and honeymooned at WDW in 1998 (POFQ).

bgraham34

Mine is the 80's. I have great memories of being with my parents and sisters. Dont get me wrong i have great memories going with my wife but i was a kid then its just different.

Nemo14

I'd have to go with 80's and early 90's. Our kids were young then, and there's nothing like seeing WDW through the eyes of your children! :D

im gonna go with the current decade, cause its the only decade that has all the additions to the world since it opened (obviously minus the things that got taken out!)

Mr. WDB

The 80's immediately popped into my mind when I saw the title of this thread. For me it's the 80's because that's when Walt Disney World truly became Walt Disney WORLD. We had the addition of Epcot Center and, at the end of the decade, Disney-MGM and (I think?) Typhoon Lagoon. In particular Epcot helped define WDW to me. I was in the 8th grade when it opened in '82 and I didn't get to go until '85. I remember reading any and every article on Epcot I could find until I finally got to go. Still remember the granduer of when I first saw Spaceship Earth in person, and I still get that feeling now whenever I visit. Yeah, '80's all the way!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My favorite Disney time is right now and tomorrow.

I will always remember where I have been but I would much rather keep my eyes on where I am going.

lebeau

I'm going to have to go with the here and now. I know things didn't start out so well this decade, but I am optimistic about the changes that are going on within the Disney company. I expect great things for the latter half of the decade.

EchoOfOphelia

80's! :animwink: Maybe because it was the decade when I first visited, but for me its the "golden age" :) All of the rides were fresh and so.. optimistic about the future and about progress and, while I do like WDW of today, now the new rides just feel fun.

Neither one is better, just different.

Being a kid, that optimistic view of the future made it fun and exciting and, I think, more memorable and magical.

nickatine1986

Haven't been around for too many decades, but I would say the 90's. Animal Kingdom was a major upgrade to disney world. The emergence of Pixar will only mean more expansion and more attractions at the parks.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom