Your Favorite "Chill" Spots in the DL Parks

Astro Blaster

Original Poster
I'm a longtime WDW veteran going to DLR in March for the first time since I was a little kid. Can't wait to go and have a good idea of my itinerary, but I need help with one little aspect - places to just sit and relax in the parks.

I have my favorite places in WDW to just chill in between going on rides and running around all over the place - the TTA in Tomorrowland (even though that's technically a ride), countless places in Epcot - so what are the best places to chill in Disneyland?

Californian Elitist

I enjoy sitting at the Hungry Bear Restaurant and the porch on Main Street. I also like the area where the Motor Boat Cruise was.

CritterCountry43.jpg

Disneyland-Wizard-of-Bras-Porch-Main-Street-USA.jpg

dweezil78

I enjoy sitting at the Hungry Bear Restaurant and the porch on Main Street. I also like the area where the Motor Boat Cruise was.

Two of my favorite places as well! Can almost always find a nice spot at Hungry Bear against the water at either top or bottom level. Great to just sit there on a nice day and watch the boats pass by. My other pick is Big Thunder Trail, right in back of BTM that connects Frontierland to Fantasyland. Always quiet at night and IMO the most chill part of the park you can find. It's almost a bit eerie right now with BTM being down still!

I also happen to enjoy sitting at the outdoor seats at Pizza Port just because it's relatively unchanged since the 80s (almost w/ an old EPCOT vibe) and has the same loop from WDW's Tomorrowland with call backs to 70s/80s WDW (Now is the Time, If You Had Wings, etc)

teacherlady19

My favorite has to be the Animation building in DCA, like a few others. If it's warm outside, it's a lot cooler inside, and the couches are comfortable. You are entertained with clips from Disney's animated films, as you sit. (My husband and I played "name that movie" while we waited for others in our party to finish with Turtle and other places. One of us could name every movie!)

Another place we enjoyed was the pre-show area for The Muppets. Pull up a seat on the floor (usually clean!) and relax!

This may sound crazy, but if you can find a bench in the Hub, People Watching can be fun! People Watching with an ice cream or other fun treat while sitting on the bench is even MORE fun!

Donna

Californian Elitist

Two of my favorite places as well! Can almost always find a nice spot at Hungry Bear against the water at either top or bottom level. Great to just sit there on a nice day and watch the boats pass by. My other pick is Big Thunder Trail, right in back of BTM that connects Frontierland to Fantasyland. Always quiet at night and IMO the most chill part of the park you can find. It's almost a bit eerie right now with BTM being down still!

I also happen to enjoy sitting at the outdoor seats at Pizza Port just because it's relatively unchanged since the 80s (almost w/ an old EPCOT vibe) and has the same loop from WDW's Tomorrowland with call backs to 70s/80s WDW (Now is the Time, If You Had Wings, etc)

Agreed in regards to the Pizza Port seating area. I feel like a kid again every time I sit there.

Travel Junkie

I hope you have a good time. The great thing about DLR is that it has pleasant weather virtually all year to sit outside, so there are a lot of outdoor spaces to sit and relax. Here are a few of my favorites.

Disneyland:

Hungry Bear Restaurant: It's all the way in the back of the park next to Splash and Pooh. A shaded place to eat or relax overlooking the Rivers of America

hungry-bear.jpg

Jolly Holiday Bakery: located in the hub you get a great view of the castle and a great place to people watch.

P2292538.JPG

French Market: If you want to eat at a sit down, Cafe Orleans provides good food and great atmosphere, but if you want just want to chill, next door is the French Market in New Orleans Square. Overlooking the Rivers of America and live music plays during the day. New Orleans Square in general is a great place to wander around however right now there is a lot of construction that has ruined it for the time being.
frenchmarket3.jpg

The Disneyland Railroad: better than the WDW version and includes the Grand Canyon Diorama

Disney Gallery and Lincoln: located in Town Square the Disney Gallery has rotating exhibits and next door is the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln attraction.

DCA:

Buena Vista St: Great place to people watch, especially in Carthay Circle. There is a nice lounge inside the Carthay Circle restaurant as well. the Entertainment plays throughout the day and there is the Red Car Trolley (pictured below) if you want a relaxing ride.
7492693972_4a9b36d571_z.jpg

Paradise Pier: During the day the area reserved for World of Color is open to take in the scenery or if you want a drink the Cove Bar is just off to the left of this picture.
disneyland_paradise-pier.JPG

Grizzly Trail: A hidden gem is Grizzly trail which is a small winding path around the main path through Grizzly Peak. I think that is the technical name for it. Anyway's it starts at the World of Color fastpass location and winds around and connects back to the main path near the back of Little Mermaid

Flo's: Any place in Cars Land is great,especially at night, but the outdoor seating at Flo's is my favorite.

IMG_2748.jpg

And finally while not in the parks an absolute must is Trader Sams at the Disneyland Hotel. Simply the coolest bar on earth.
meme117.jpg

NiarrNDisney

I have a couple:

DL - Plaza Garden Stage (Not during a show), Rancho del Zocalo Restaurant (Inside as well as just outside on benches along the pathway), pathway to Tomorrowlands DL Railroad, right behind Sleeping Beauty Castle near the Family Crest store, the area in between it's a small world and the Matterhorn by the water (not during a parade).

DCA
- Al Fresco Lounge, behind Hyperion Theater, Cove Bar, Mendocino Wine tasting room, Pacific Wharf Cafe w/Karl Strauss Biergarten, viewing area of World of Color (not during a show)

DTD - UVA Bar, La Brea Bakery outdoor seating, Patio at ESPN Zone

Astro Blaster

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies! Sounds like that animation lobby is something I need to check out, and there have been a few mentions of Trader Sam's and Hungry Bear as well. DL railroad and Pacific Wharf Cafe will be good options too. Looking forward to this trip.:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom