Your favorite album from 2012

Jimmy Thick

Jack White- Blunderbuss.
The Lumineers- The Lumineers...Before Ho Hey got suck on every commercial it was a fantastic song.
Alabama Shakes- Boys and Girls.

Everything else released in 2012 pales to these three albums.

Jimmy Thick- Sadly...

harveyt0206

Original Poster
Jack White- Blunderbuss.
The Lumineers- The Lumineers...Before Ho Hey got suck on every commercial it was a fantastic song.
Alabama Shakes- Boys and Girls.

Everything else released in 2012 pales to these three albums.

Jimmy Thick- Sadly...

I'm a huge fan of Jack White. Loved the White Stripes. Loved The Raconteurs. Heck, I even loved the album he produced for Loretta Lynn. Jack is awesome.

Lee

Adventurer
I think I only bought three this year...
Linkin Park - Living Things
Duran Duran - A Diamond in the Mind
Godsmack - Live and Inspired

I play the crap out of all three on a regular basis...

harveyt0206

Original Poster
I think I only bought three this year...
Linkin Park - Living Things
Duran Duran - A Diamond in the Mind
Godsmack - Live and Inspired

I play the crap out of all three on a regular basis...

Okay, I have to admit that I love the fact that you list Duran Duran as a favorite for this year. The fact that you list it along side Linkin Park and Godsmack makes it even more interesting in my mind.
I have been a huge fan of theirs since their very first album alllll the way back in the early eighties. Actually, Rio was my first DD album, but I immediately went out and bought Duran Duran, which had been released in the States the year before Rio. Now I have to go pull out some old DD music and listen to it. Excellent choice.

harveyt0206

Original Poster
Favorite new artist: Esperanza Spalding. Must listen if you like jazz/R&B.

I also play in a band, if you're looking for something new check it out!

http://muphinchuckrs.bandcamp.com/album/house-party-heroes

Give #6 a try (Boys and Girls)

Huuugggeee fan of jazz, but I have to admit that Esperanza's album hasn't exactly sucked me in yet. It was good, but I haven't fallen in love with it.

And thanks for the link to your bands site. That is really cool. I love music but have zero musical ability, so I am always massively impressed when someone has musical talent. Well done! :)

Lee

Adventurer
Okay, I have to admit that I love the fact that you list Duran Duran as a favorite for this year. The fact that you list it along side Linkin Park and Godsmack makes it even more interesting in my mind.
I have been a huge fan of theirs since their very first album alllll the way back in the early eighties. Actually, Rio was my first DD album, but I immediately went out and bought Duran Duran, which had been released in the States the year before Rio. Now I have to go pull out some old DD music and listen to it. Excellent choice.
My taste is obviously kinda broad. When my iPhone is playing on shuffle, folks are given pause when something like Frankie Goes to Hollywood follows a Rob Zombie song. :)

Yep, big DD fan since about '82 or so.
In fact, I would put this track, from the "Diamond in the Mind" live video ($13 in iTunes, I think) as my favorite of this year. I think they are sounding better than ever...

PUSH

Another one that was released a couple of days ago is the Les Misérables soundtrack. I typically don't like musicals, but I really like Les Mis music, specifically I Dream a Dream by Anne Hathaway, On My Own by Samantha Barks, One Day More by the entire cast, and In My Life/A Heart Full of Love by Eddie Redmayne, Amanda Seyfried and Samantha Barks.

Lee

Adventurer
Another one that was released a couple of days ago is the Les Misérables soundtrack. I typically don't like musicals, but I really like Les Mis music, specifically I Dream a Dream by Anne Hathaway, On My Own by Samantha Barks, One Day More by the entire cast, and In My Life/A Heart Full of Love by Eddie Redmayne, Amanda Seyfried and Samantha Barks.
Saw the film today (it was amazing!) and as someone who has practically had that show memorized for twenty-five years or so, I was rather surprised that they tinkered as much with the original music as they did. At least one full song gone, one new one added, and many lyric changes.
That said, the cast did a wonderful job. Jackman now gets my vote for Best Actor and I'd give Best Supporting to Hathaway. The Fantine roll is not that big, but her "I Dreamed a Dream", sung entirely live and in close-up, was one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever seen.

PUSH

Saw the film today (it was amazing!) and as someone who has practically had that show memorized for twenty-five years or so, I was rather surprised that they tinkered as much with the original music as they did. At least one full song gone, one new one added, and many lyric changes.
That said, the cast did a wonderful job. Jackman now gets my vote for Best Actor and I'd give Best Supporting to Hathaway. The Fantine roll is not that big, but her "I Dreamed a Dream", sung entirely live and in close-up, was one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever seen.

I'm hoping to see it sometime soon, and I've seen the trailer of Anne singing, of course that one was fixed and made "pretty", but her performance was so emotional and phenomenal. I also love how all of the songs are sung live.

emcclay

I'm still crying and I saw it two days ago. Maybe it's because I keep listening to the 25th anniversary soundtrack? Looking forward to seeing it on Broadway again in 2014.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom