Your Disneyland Food Suggestions

BrianLo

Original Poster
I realize dates have opened up for restaurants reservations and I am kind of curious what everyone's favourite DL related food offerings are? Pigging out is clearly one of the highlights of Disneyland.

Apart from being perhaps a sucker and opting for a World of Colour Carthay Circle Lunch (maybe will get rid of this) and paying my respects to Cafe Orleans, I'm kind of wide open.

I always gravitate towards the bread bowls and Ghirardelli's at some point and breakfast at Flo's has been a high point in the past. However, I feel like I always do that combo for DCA and want to see if I've missed out on something unique.

In terms of Disneyland I've never been to Harbour Galley and heard good things about the Lobster Rolls and the Baked Potatoes. Somehow I've never managed to find a beignet yet or had a corn dog. Although, yes, I've fallen victim to the Dole Whip.

D

Deleted member 107043

This isn't exactly in Disneyland but no trip to DLR is complete for me unless I make at least one trip to Ralph Brennan's in in Downtown Disney for beignets. OMG. Amazing and Cafe du Monde authentic. Make sure you get them fresh though. Nobody wants a cold beignet.

GiveMeTheMusic

I realize dates have opened up for restaurants reservations and I am kind of curious what everyone's favourite DL related food offerings are? Pigging out is clearly one of the highlights of Disneyland.

Apart from being perhaps a sucker and opting for a World of Colour Carthay Circle Lunch (maybe will get rid of this) and paying my respects to Cafe Orleans, I'm kind of wide open.

I always gravitate towards the bread bowls and Ghirardelli's at some point and breakfast at Flo's has been a high point in the past. However, I feel like I always do that combo for DCA and want to see if I've missed out on something unique.

In terms of Disneyland I've never been to Harbour Galley and heard good things about the Lobster Rolls and the Baked Potatoes. Somehow I've never managed to find a beignet yet or had a corn dog. Although, yes, I've fallen victim to the Dole Whip.

Are you coming during the holiday season? If not, Paradise Garden Grill is the best counter service in DCA. If you're here during Christmas, it's another Mexican restaurant and the usual Mediterranean menu isn't available.

Cafe Orleans has gone downhill. Very disappointed on my last visit.

mickEblu

At DL, the fried chicken at the plaza inn is pretty good by theme park standards (bit salty sometimes) and the corn dogs at the red wagon inn are great in general. I recently tried Hot Dog on a Stick (it had been a while) at a local mall and was surprised that I enjoy the Disneyland corn dogs more. My whole life I thought they were the Gold Standard. Not so.

Bengal BBQ has a couple pretty good skewers. If i remember correctly the sausage/ pineapple, sweet beef, and asparagus/ bacon are my favorites. The breadsticks are kind of lacking flavor, texture or anything good. They exist solely to mop up some of the extra sauce from the skewers.

This may sound blasphemous coming from an Angeleno, but Rancho Del Zocalo was a lot better than I thought it would be. The Carnitas burrito was pretty good, again by theme park standards. I don't go to Disneyland expecting any Michelin star experience. I go expecting it be good / satisfying and they usually deliver.

Oh ya , the turkey legs are quite good but you need to share with at least one person or you have probably exceeded your sodium intake for the week. The chimichangas are also comforting and enjoyable as they take me back to elementary school.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Blue Bayou was also pretty good. I bought the Fantasmic package a couple years ago. Went in with rock bottom expectations from years of negative reviews I read on micechat and other outlets. I have to say, that both the filet and lobster tail were cooked well and had a nice flavor. I'm sure the water side table and ambiance also influenced my opinion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Blue Bayou isn't bad. Other than Carthay Circle (which is better than BB by a mile) I can't think of another west coast theme park that has anything close to its level of food and service.

mickEblu

Blue Bayou isn't bad. Other than Carthay Circle (which is better than BB by a mile) I can't think of another west coast theme park that has anything close to its level of food and service.

Cathay is great too but I have only been there once as well. So comparing my surf and turf to the Cathay pork chop, the surf n turf wins. But Carthay has a lot more variety and better appetizers /drinks.

GiveMeTheMusic

Yup, holidays unfortunately (end of November)... Although I guess this food and wine is going to be a thing again, or is that in the spring.

There is supposed to be food and wine over the holidays this year for the first time, so that will give you something different to try as well.

SuddenStorm

The baked potatoes are prime. Less than $9 and you get a baked potato with either BBQ Chicken and slaw, or Sour Cream and Bacon. Good for a lunch. I think they moved from the Harbour Galley though, I don't know where they are in the park now.

PacNWTigger

We always have dinner at the French Market. The cajun meatloaf and the red beans & rice with andouille sausage are always the best. They also have a nice selection of seasonal desserts. It's also nice sitting out on the patio, listening to the jazz music, and people watching while you eat too.

SSG

Do not walk; do not pass go; do not waste time. Run—sprint even—straight to the Cove Bar and get these beauties. We usually do 3-4 days in the parks and get the lobster nachos probably three times.

lobster Cove.jpg

Phroobar

No one seems to mention the Wine Country Trattoria in DCA. I remember have lunch there and being very happy with it.

D

Deleted member 107043

No one seems to mention the Wine Country Trattoria in DCA. I remember have lunch there and being very happy with it.

Is that the upstairs restaurant? I always get confused what the various venues are called in that building. I've dined upstairs a few times and the food is good, but the service wasn't great. Also the place is very DCA 1.0 and could benefit from a major refresh.

Phroobar

Is that the upstairs restaurant? I always get confused what the various venues are called in that building. I've dined upstairs a few times and the food is good, but the service wasn't great. Also the place is very DCA 1.0 and could benefit from a major refresh.
It was DCA 1.0 last time I ate there. It is the one upstairs. We never think to actually eat there. It's kind of hidden.

mickEblu

It was DCA 1.0 last time I ate there. It is the one upstairs. We never think to actually eat there. It's kind of hidden.

I'm confused as well. Do they serve different food upstairs? I've eaten down stairs and it was just ok.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom